2 replies to this topic Started by ProfessorOak, Jan 06 2013 08:15 PM
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

ProfessorOak
  • ProfessorOak
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hey guys, I recently became very self aware of my play preferences. I have been a clicker for years and have honestly had great success in pve, but I am making the transition to movement strictly with the mouse and spell casts with the keyboard/extra mouse buttons. I am also researching compound pve macros. I obviously have trinkets and cast sequence macros already for cooldowns, but I am looking at putting multiple core abilities together to reduce the time I have to spend staring at my actionbars. I thought id make this post to see how you guys play and maybe we can all share in collective knowledge of optimization! Also, a question about mouse movement; do mouse movers bother strafing? I only ever really strafe so I can move and be on target. I imagine it will be a pain with the mouse to move around a boss while dpsing it. Anyways, let the posting commence.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Mutterkorn
  • Mutterkorn
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
  • LocationGermany
Hi there, i am a mousemover, maybe because i played a lot FPS Games. I am strafing around Bosses. As a Tank i am strafing around the final Boss in the Brewery e.g. This keeps the Sleep-Debuff from me. While i played a Rogue i strofe (correct form??) a lot to stay behind the Mob. To keep my CDs and Priority Abilities in view, i use Weak Auras. For my Paladin i found a great Set of Icons on sacredduty.net I use lots of mouseover macros for tanking, taunting, healing and cc'ing. The only Abilities i put together in one macro ist Presence of mind / frostbolt on my mage. Every 90 secs an instant Fb is fine. I use my third Mousebutton to toggle walk or use both mousebuttons for it. Everything else is on my keyboard. Keys 1-9 for Core Abilities Keys F1-F12 for CDs Keys Shift1-Shift9 for secondary Abilities Keys Shift-F1 - Shift F3 for long Cds or Stances/Seals Keys F16 - F19 (Mac-User ;-) ) for my Mountselection of the Moment Keys Q,E,^, < (including Shift, CTRL and ALT Alternatives) for different important Stuff Keys , and . are my Trinkets and -, ö, ä, #, + (including Shift) are for Skada and my Professions (disentchant, Archy, Survey.....) I try to keep the Keybindings alike across all chars. So that Purify/Cleanse/..... are on <, Taunts are on E, Pulls (Avengers Shield, Consecration) are on ^ I really make an plan once my char hits 60-65 to organize my keys. Sometimes i rearrange them, so that healing or tanking is very difficult in teh next two or three days. ;-) I hope, thats what you meant.
Lydmilla - Dwarf Shaman -Antonidas (EU)
Stefanja - Gnome Warlock - Antonidas (EU)
Copperbeard - Dwarf Paladin - Antonidas (EU)
Raffella - Gnome Death Knight - Antonidas (EU)

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Stasis
  • Stasis
  • Sergeant
  • LocationNew Zealand

Also, a question about mouse movement; do mouse movers bother strafing? I only ever really strafe so I can move and be on target. I imagine it will be a pain with the mouse to move around a boss while dpsing it.

I literally can't play the game without a tilt-wheel mouse with strafe left/right bound to the wheel. Can hold down the right mouse button and strafe with scalpel-like precision. Autorun is bound to a thumb button so that's 100% of my movement sorted.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users