FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorOak

Post your playstyles; Rate others

Hey guys,

I recently became very self aware of my play preferences. I have been a clicker for years and have honestly had great success in pve, but I am making the transition to movement strictly with the mouse and spell casts with the keyboard/extra mouse buttons. I am also researching compound pve macros. I obviously have trinkets and cast sequence macros already for cooldowns, but I am looking at putting multiple core abilities together to reduce the time I have to spend staring at my actionbars. I thought id make this post to see how you guys play and maybe we can all share in collective knowledge of optimization!

Also, a question about mouse movement; do mouse movers bother strafing? I only ever really strafe so I can move and be on target. I imagine it will be a pain with the mouse to move around a boss while dpsing it.

Anyways, let the posting commence.

Hi there, i am a mousemover, maybe because i played a lot FPS Games.

I am strafing around Bosses. As a Tank i am strafing around the final Boss in the Brewery e.g. This keeps the Sleep-Debuff from me.

While i played a Rogue i strofe (correct form??) a lot to stay behind the Mob.

To keep my CDs and Priority Abilities in view, i use Weak Auras. For my Paladin i found a great Set of Icons on sacredduty.net

I use lots of mouseover macros for tanking, taunting, healing and cc'ing. The only Abilities i put together in one macro ist Presence of mind / frostbolt on my mage. Every 90 secs an instant Fb is fine.

I use my third Mousebutton to toggle walk or use both mousebuttons for it.

Everything else is on my keyboard.

Keys 1-9 for Core Abilities

Keys F1-F12 for CDs

Keys Shift1-Shift9 for secondary Abilities

Keys Shift-F1 - Shift F3 for long Cds or Stances/Seals

Keys F16 - F19 (Mac-User ;-) ) for my Mountselection of the Moment

Keys Q,E,^, < (including Shift, CTRL and ALT Alternatives) for different important Stuff

Keys , and . are my Trinkets

and -, ö, ä, #, + (including Shift) are for Skada and my Professions (disentchant, Archy, Survey.....)

I try to keep the Keybindings alike across all chars. So that Purify/Cleanse/..... are on <, Taunts are on E, Pulls (Avengers Shield, Consecration) are on ^

I really make an plan once my char hits 60-65 to organize my keys. Sometimes i rearrange them, so that healing or tanking is very difficult in teh next two or three days. ;-)

I hope, thats what you meant.

Also, a question about mouse movement; do mouse movers bother strafing? I only ever really strafe so I can move and be on target. I imagine it will be a pain with the mouse to move around a boss while dpsing it.

I literally can't play the game without a tilt-wheel mouse with strafe left/right bound to the wheel. Can hold down the right mouse button and strafe with scalpel-like precision. Autorun is bound to a thumb button so that's 100% of my movement sorted.