FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ivDetox

How should I incorporate Ysera into my Druid deck?

I just got Ysera from a card pack. I know its a very good legendary, but its extremely slow and meant for control decks. I feel as if it doesn't fit druid very well.

Based on my deck right now, what changes would you guys suggest I make to my deck?

2 x Innervate
2 x Wild growth
2 x Wrath
2 x Anodized Robo Cub
2 x Savage Roar
1 x Big Game Hunter
1 x Mind Control Tech
1 x Spider Tank
2 x Swipe
2 x Keeper of the Grove
2 x Senjin Shieldmasta
2 x Druid of the Claw
1 x Faceless Manipulator
1 x Force of Nature
2 x Sunwalker
2 x Ancient of Lore
2 x Ancient of War
1 x Ysera

Should I take out the savage roar combo to incorporate more minions? Ysera is useless in all the games I've played. I've either won without using it or she comes in way too late to make any impact at all.

I have some dust to spend. Any suggestions on what cards I should get for my deck?

Any other suggestions to this deck would be helpful. Maybe I should just disenchant Ysera or use it for my mage? I was really hoping for Dr Boom or Cenarius.

I definitely wouldn't disenchant Ysera as you'll regret it later. Ysera is a powerful card. Even if it's not working in your druid deck, you'll want it for other decks later.

Your deck actually looks pretty solid to me. If Ysera isn't helpful because it's too slow, then perhaps you could swap it for a second Force of Nature to help you get the combo quicker and/or more consistently. Emperor Thaurissan could be powerful to help you pull off multiple combo pieces at once that you otherwise couldn't. You could also add one copy of Starfire as an alternative direct damage finisher (or if used before you are in a position to win, the card draw is helpful to move through the deck to the combo pieces).

Additionally, you could add Power of the Wild as another potential combo piece with Force of Nature (perhaps in place of the Cub since it can also give you the same 3/2 stat creature for the same cost). The cub might be better since you sometimes prefer a 2/3 early in the game depending on what your opponent drops, but I think experimentation is key to fine-tuning your deck. Good luck!

Edited by Darb