FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Coriba

Affliction Trinket

Hello everybody

I would like to know what you would suggest. I have ilvl 695 and 2p t17 and 2p t18. Yesterday i got Unblinking Gaze of Sethes on Normal Mode.. now im not sure if i should change my Darmacs Unstable Talisman (heroic) or Chipped Soul Prism (normal) for it? 

Thanks a lot for your answers. :)

I personally would say keep what you already have, from what i've read throughout guides and spoken to a few of my lock friends, what you have is a lot better for dps output. However imo best way to test it is perhaps go to a training dummy and try out combinations of all 3 of the trinkets. The more dps you get, that's the combination you use until you get better trinkets.

I don't think you're going to be able to tell much of anything based on a training dummy.  Not only will you be missing the various buffs, but fight mechanics can play a big factor in figuring out which trinket is best in which situation.  Especially since one of the trinkets in question is one that does damage to multiple targets, which is not something you can duplicate on a training dummy.  

However, most things I've seen suggest Chipped Soul Prism is one of the best trinkets you can get for Affliction outside of Mythic  other than the Archimonde class trinket.  When it comes to DuT vs. UGS: UGS has more intellect, but DuT has a better proc in single target fights.  You may want to swap them based on the fight - but I'm not sure how easy it is to get hings to line up properly for UGS (and UGS may still be useful on single-target).  

Sorry for the lack of a clear answer - but evaluating trinkets is often difficult.  I suspect that you probably won't see a huge difference between DuT and UGS - but you can switch them around on different fights and see how it goes. 

Edited by Stunlocked