FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Diabs

Afflic raid help

Hey everyone! I've already made a previous post and got some good tips but I seem to still be lacking, my dps is way below par in raids, I went into a random heroic and did about 95k substained dps on a boss, which I have 494 ilvl now, this is still pretty low isn't it? That's not even the bigger thing though, my raid dps is horrible, the other locks with lower item levels are beating me by about 20-30kdps, I don't have jade spirit on my weap, Andy DoTs don't fall off that often, anything else I could be doing wrong?

95k sustained is pretty good. I think Simcraft sims 494 ilvl at 103k. Jade Spirit is a big help. Unless that 95k "sustained" is with a 3 stack of the LFG buff which buffs you by 15%. And sustained really isn't sustained in heroic modes since bosses die in 45 seconds or less. Raid DPS "sustained" is hard to put in perspective because of all the mechanical elements of most raid fights.

Yeah and I know you helped me out in my last post, I really appreciate it, and yep it had the buff. I'm wondering if at this point it's really all coming down to dot management? Do you hard recast or use SB:SS?

Yeah and I know you helped me out in my last post, I really appreciate it, and yep it had the buff. I'm wondering if at this point it's really all coming down to dot management? Do you hard recast or use SB:SS?

Save for your first application of DoT's, *most* of them should be hard-cast since a majority of your soul shards should be going to Haunt.

• Like 1

The only time it should be acceptable to use SB:SS is when you are targeting something with no DoTs on it meaning you need to apply all 3. Otherwise, manual application one by one is the optimal decision because Haunt is awesome.