FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blup

4p Bonus Affliction Question

Hi,

got yesterday my 4p Bonus finaly and now i run into a Problem with my shards.

During the burst phase with DS up i am overstacking a lot on my Shards.

I thought about a solution but i am not sure thats worth it at all - or maybe even a dps loss.

1.) Is it wort to use Soulburn after 5 seconds again, to have one Shard saved for the next SB Haunt?

2.) Is it still worth to make a 25 sek Pulltimer on singletarget Bosses? Overstacking Shards anyways.

So i would like to know if this might be a solution or how you handle this problem?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Blup

Edit: Thought about another solution. How about using Soulswap? It would be nice to have every dot on the Mob at start, and this way, you could channel drainsoul earlier.

Edited by Blup

1.) Not exactly sure what you mean here, but if you mean hitting Soulburn so the buff is up for when you get the next haunt, then no, that does not make sense.  That would mean that if you had a proc and got some shards you could not use a plain haunt, and could end up refreshing haunting spirits with say 15 or even 20 seconds remaining, wasting a shard.  Just SB when it's time to refresh the SB Haunt.

2.) Pull timer depends.  Our normal pull timer is 15 seconds, we tried the 25, to me it was not really worth it.  I just pop SB as soon as the timer comes up, and that seems to be working fine.

3.)  I have been using SB:SS in my opener too.  I know I have seen a few others mention not in order to save shards for SB:Haunt but for the most part, I'll have my shards up again by the time I need them.

I just got my 4pc, and I'm having a very different exerience. I find I have less shards now. Why would you have more? What is it about the 4pc that means you're having more shards just sitting around. Or are you just talking about opener with hero? After the fight, half the shards are used every time you put up Haunting Spirits; I don't find I'm getting 2 shards back within 30 seconds every time. What % are you finding you're able to keep up Haunting Spirits with 4 pc?

Maybe I've had some bad RNG, but without tier 17, I'm really missing that shard generation.

I usually just SB:SS in the opener. There are always those bad RNG pulls, but I usually don't have a problem keeping the Haunting Spirits buff up 90+%.

As for the OP, I think he was saying he's capping during Dark Soul, which is understandable since you never need to refresh Haunt once you have the 4pc and shard generation usually ramps up with the extra haste.

either get used to pre-empting when the pull timer is going to be popped and make sure you pop SB ahead of it, or ask for the timer to be changed to at least 15secs so you can pop it immediately and have another shard ready to go 7 seconds into the fight.  On the pull, I pre-cast haunt and then immediately put up my dots individually.  Although I lose a couple of GCD's this way, I'm able to keep SB:Haunt rolling much longer as I've nearly always got 2 shards banked even by using a second haunt half way through the empowered haunt.  When I've tried using SB:SS SB:Haunt in the opener, you go dry very quickly

Unless I'm mistaken it does not work like that Toffees. You only get a shard recharge after 20 seconds out of combat. What you are probably seeing is just a Nightfall proc. However, if you have say a 22 second pull timer then you will get an extra shard otherwise it is an estimate thing and cross your fingers. Personally I also usually manually cast my DoTs as I find the other way awkward to be honest rather than ever being shard starved now days (well in the opener anyhow).