FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mummer

Stats and Reforging...

I had someone finally help me with simcrafting to find my statweights. On a light movement fight (not sure if it changes depending on the fight), iterations 25000,my weights are the following:

INT: 3.96

SP: 3.27

HASTE: 2.24

MASTERY: 1.78

SPELL HIT: 1.61

CRIT: 1.3

Plugging it into AMR with my current armory (http://us.battle.net...l/Mummer/simple), it tells me to regem to Haste, and that if I do regem to Haste, my mastery will still be 66% (I'm assuming with raidbuffs?).

My question is, did I put in simcraft right? Are AMR stats (optimized) with raidbuffs? And are my custom weights > the standard AMR builds given to me? Is 66% mastery too low raidbuffed?

I've been told by some raiders in my guild to use reforgelite vs AMR, what's the general consensus?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Mummer

I'm guessing, based on my knowledge of stat weights, that you are talking about Affliction? It also appears that your item level is probably around 480-485? Kinda hitting around that based on your weights. If so, please remember to read the stickied guides here. You can't control your stats if you properly itemize, so asking if 66% mastery raid buffed is too low doesn't mean anything without context. If you only had mastery and no haste, then no, that wouldn't be proper.

For your item level range, you don't want to exceed your haste threshold by any amount when it can be put into mastery. The stat weights are close enough that you don't need to worry about it. As you acquire better gear, your haste and mastery thresholds will meld so that they are almost equal. That said, you'll want to hit the 4717 haste mark and no more, then pour the remaining stats into mastery.

With that all said, remember that stats constititute a small portion of your DPS and playing properly will boost your DPS tenfold over micro managing your stats.

I'm guessing, based on my knowledge of stat weights, that you are talking about Affliction? It also appears that your item level is probably around 480-485? Kinda hitting around that based on your weights. If so, please remember to read the stickied guides here. You can't control your stats if you properly itemize, so asking if 66% mastery raid buffed is too low doesn't mean anything without context. If you only had mastery and no haste, then no, that wouldn't be proper.

For your item level range, you don't want to exceed your haste threshold by any amount when it can be put into mastery. The stat weights are close enough that you don't need to worry about it. As you acquire better gear, your haste and mastery thresholds will meld so that they are almost equal. That said, you'll want to hit the 4717 haste mark and no more, then pour the remaining stats into mastery.

With that all said, remember that stats constititute a small portion of your DPS and playing properly will boost your DPS tenfold over micro managing your stats.

483 atm.

At the moment, my mastery is at 67% unbuffed. When I found out my stat weights through simcraft, it tells me to re-gem into Haste. I was sort of scared that all my mastery gems being changed to haste will bring my mastery too low. So in other words, AMR reforge is correct?

Edited by Mummer

AMR doesn't use haste thresholds...theorycrafters find that value. AMR also doesn't believe in haste thresholds, but I've found a significant DPS gain from them. If you can't decide, use AMR's recommendation and try it out then try my recommendation. See what works for you.

so. right off the bat there's only a couple things i would say for what you have going on.

1) get your bracers enchanted

2) get jade spirit

you're like i was last month, in that you're not activly trying to be at 15% hitcap, but you're not trying to tank it either.

you're at the haste threshold of 4717 which is great (incidentally, you can remove the reforge from ring 2, and still maintain the haste threshold AND not lose mastery)

i'm hesitant to do a full regem/reforging post on you because of your pants and trinket. there is going to be a lot of juggling of stats once those get replaced with something more decent, and i figure you may be close to being able to do so before the weekend is up. so until then, the above is the only advice i can provide.

edit: and i should prolly answer your question. amr and the other likeminded tools are just that...tools. i know what numbers i need to hit. 15% hit. 4717 haste. the least amount crit possible. once i get that, then everything else is mastery. (at least for my gear and current progression).

and generally, that's how it works out for everyone else.

Edited by Gravyspasm