Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

PTR 5.2: Jin'rokh the Breaker Video

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

We put together a video of the fight against Jin'rokh the Breaker, the first boss in the Throne of Thunder, the raid coming in Patch 5.2 Enjoy!

Wow, thank you for the preview! That's a very interesting boss, and it's really nice to see Blizzard implementing unique mechanics into the new raid... Or at least this first encounter! I personally haven't played on the PTR, because I prefer to wait until Blizzard has made its final changes and such to the patch. However, you guys certainly didn't do bad at all with that attempt. I think that once things are set in place, you will have no trouble progressing through the new raid! Lord knows I personally will only see the new raid in LFR, myself, due to my guild's lack of progression, but that's alright. ;) I can watch you guys destroy things, and watch in awe from afar. Great video, and thanks for posting, sir!

1 person likes this

Hey, thanks for the PTR videos! As someone dying to get into the new raid I love these previews/guides.

I'd also like to know if you plan on making "complete" guides for when the content is actually on live servers? I find your voice very soothing and the videos very pedagogic and easy to understand. I dare say I might even prefer your videos over the Fatboss ones!

Hey, thanks for the PTR videos! As someone dying to get into the new raid I love these previews/guides.

I'd also like to know if you plan on making "complete" guides for when the content is actually on live servers? I find your voice very soothing and the videos very pedagogic and easy to understand. I dare say I might even prefer your videos over the Fatboss ones!

We absolutely will be making proper guides, both written and video, once the content is on live servers :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• BlizzCon 2013 Tournament Decks
      By Damien
      Blizzard has released the decks used by players during the Hearthstone tournament at BlizzCon 2013 and we added them to our Hearthstone menu.
      The Innkeeper’s Invitational at BlizzCon was a huge success! Many Hearthstone fans watched the action at home via Twitch.tv and BlizzCon.com, and a full venue of excited attendees viewed every carefully calculated move in the Invitational live as the action unfolded on stage. The inn-vitees dueled it out over two days of card-slinging until there was a single player left standing that was crowned Grandmaster of the Hearth!
      Today, we feature all of the Inn-vitees’ decks featured in the Invitational in detail, along with a spoiler of the winner of the Invitational at the bottom of this blog. If you’re waiting to find out the winner for yourself and to watch videos of the first matches that were not featured via Twitch.tv/wow or BlizzCon.com, we are planning on having them up and available to the public for viewing soon.
      Onto the Inn-vitees decklists!
      Husky’s Decklists
      Hunter - Beastkrieg (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Warlock - Hot Stuff (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Warrior - chARRRRRRRge (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Kripparrian’s Decklists
      Mage - Turn Eight (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Priest - Control The Drakes (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Paladin - Cixah's Miniatures (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Hafu’s Decklists
      Mage - To The Fire (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Shaman - The Insomniac's Last Resort (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Paladin - Bubble Hearth or Bust (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Artosis’ Decklists
      Paladin - I Let the Dark In (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Warrior - ek0p Warrior (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Priest - The Artosis Curse (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Noxious’ Decklists
      Mage - Refrigerator (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Paladin - Son of Athene (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Shaman - Thrallalawl (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Trump’s Decklists
      Mage - Add Fuel (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Druid - Hipster Mage (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Priest - What's Yours Is Mine (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Reckful’s Decklists
      Priest - The Indecisive Priest (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Paladin - No Tirion (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Mage - Realz the Mastermind (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Day[9]’s Decklists
      Paladin - DIVINE FEELS (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Druid - GLACIERPAW (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Shaman - POWER OVERLOADING (HearthHead - HearthPwn) Results
      SPOILERS AHEAD!
      Congratulations to our Grandmaster of the Hearth, Artosis, on winning the Innkeeper’s Invitational at BlizzCon! If you missed out on any of the action in the semi-finals and finals, those matches are available for your viewing pleasure free at Twitch.tv/wow or BlizzCon.com. 
      (source)
    • Hearthstone Guides on Icy Veins
      By Damien
      With Hearthstone's Closed Beta going strong, and Open Beta on the horizon, we have started our coverage of the game with a series of guides.

We have written an introduction to Hearthstone, which is addressed to those who have not yet tried the game but are curious to know what it is about, and if, perhaps, it might be of interest to them.

Delving deeper, we have written a comprehensive explanation of all the Hearthstone mechanics and interactions, which is to serve as a reference point for many of our future guides.

We have written a Hearthstone beginner guide, the purpose of which is to give new Hearthstone players some guidance in the early stages of building their accounts.

Because the terminology of Hearthstone (and card games in general) can be confusing to the uninitiated, we have put together a glossary of common Hearthstone terms, which we plan on expanding in the future, as the need arises.

We have also written several gameplay guides, mostly aimed at familiarising newer players with certain important concepts of Hearthstone matches: Card advantage, Hunter secrets, Mage secrets, and Paladin secrets.

For players heading into the Arena, we have written an Arena starter guide, which we hope will alleviate many problems new Arena participants generally face.

Finally, we have listed a competitive deck comprised only of Basic cards for each of the 9 classes, which we hope will be especially useful for players who have yet to invest money into Hearthstone, and whose card collections are very poor as a result.

As Hearthstone's Open Beta (and launch) draws nearer, we will be enriching our guide collection. Our hope is to have full coverage of all aspects of the game by the time it is released.

As usual, your feedback and comments on our guides are always welcome!
    • Extra Life - All-day Gaming Charity!
      By Zagam
      Friends, Family, and Gamers!

Our team is on a mission to save kids through video games, and we need your help.

Each of us has chosen our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital where thousands of children are treated each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

On November 2nd, 2013, we'll be part of a huge international celebration of the social impact of gamers with Extra Life and it's our sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to that team member's chosen hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

Last year, Extra Life raised more than 2 million dollars to save kids, but in 2013 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher.

We can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click a participant's name and then click the "Support This Participant" button on this page.

This year is the first year I am participating in the event, but I can't do it alone! Help me and Icy-Veins raise money for these kids by doing something you already love...playing video games!

Link to website: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?
      Link to my team: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=13415
      Link to OpenRaid Events: http://openraid.us/events/view/138450
    • Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: October 16-23
      By Damien
      Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to the recently released World of Warcraft patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar. Hotfixes are updates we make on our end without requiring you to download a new patch. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. We will continue to update this list as additional hotfixes are applied.
      Patch Information
      Siege of Orgrimmar: Feature Overview 5.4 Patch Notes 5.4 Known Issues Technical Support & Troubleshooting   Classes
      Death Knight General Reduced Death Strike's healing by 50% for Blood Death Knights in Arenas. Druid Talents The Dream of Cenarius effect is now removed when the Druid switches talents. Mage Class Armor Resolved an issue that could cause the Tier-16 2-piece set bonus Frozen Thoughts to be consumed without effect. Tier-15 4-piece set bonus now increases the effects of Arcane Charges by 5% per stack (down from 20% per stack). Monk General Tigereye Brew and Mana Tea gains from Chi Brew now correctly benefit from Mastery: Bottled Fury and Brewing: Mana Tea. Priest Holy Mastery: Echo of Light's healing has been increased by 4%. Warlock General Damage from Soul Link should no longer incorrectly activate the Voidlord's Void Shield effect. Talents Archimonde's Darkness' effect should now be correctly removed when the Warlock switches talents or glyphs. Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
      The number of guild members needed to be considered a guild Group in Flexible difficulty has been reduced. Previously, the number of guild members required in Flexible difficulty didn’t account for the scaling group size. It now requires 80% of the current group size, rounded down. Siege of Orgrimmar Norushen The number of Look Within orbs spawned by Norushen in Flexible difficulty will now round up instead of down, so that the ratio of orbs to players is never worse than on Normal difficulty. Galakras Reduced the health of ranking officials and foot soldiers in Phase 1 of the encounter on 10-player Normal difficulty. The portal leading back to the Vault of Y'Shaarj can no longer be used while in combat. Kor'kron Dark Shaman Ashen Wall, Toxic Storm, Toxic Mist, Foul Stream, and Foul Geyser now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty. Spoils of Pandaria Reduced the health of most of the creatures during the Spoils of Pandaria encounter on Raid Finder difficulty. Having multiple players start the encounter should no longer incorrectly cause the timer to count down rapidly. Thok the Bloodthirsty Captive Cave Bats on Raid Finder difficulty will no longer incorrectly drop Normal difficulty loot. Garrosh Hellscream Garrosh Hellscream should now use his abilities more predictably when starting Stage Three: MY WORLD. Hellscream's Warsong now grants a 75% increase to Physical damage dealt and health (down from 125%) on Raid Finder difficulty. Touch of Y'Shaarj now has a 4-second cast time for players (up from 3 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty. Reduced the health of Minions of Y'shaarj on Raid Finder difficulty. [Requires a realm restart.] Kor'kron Reapers now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty. [Requires a realm restart.] Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption now heals for 15% of health (down from 30%) and increases damage dealt by 20% (down from 50%) on Raid Finder difficulty. [Requires a realm restart.] Harbinger of Y'Shaarj's Y'Shaarj Touched now heals for 2% of health per second (down from 5%) and increases damage dealt by 20% (down from 50%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
        Mogu'shan Vaults Resolved an issue that prevented players from completing the Straight Six achievement. Battlegrounds and Arenas
      [Requires a realm restart.] Silvershard Mines: The eastern mine cart now doesn't spawn in until shortly after the gates open. Arenas [Requires a realm restart.] The Crowd Chose You has been removed and replaced with a debuff called Dampening. [Requires a realm restart.] For Arena matches that last more than 10 minutes, all players in the Arena will begin to receive Dampening. Dampening is a stacking debuff applied to all players in the Arena every 10 seconds. Each stack of Dampening reduces all healing and damage absorption by 1%. If neither team has won after 20 minutes, the Arena match will end in a draw. Necrotic Strike's healing absorption is not affected by Dampening. Players who pick up a Shadow Sight orb will be unable to stealth for the duration of the effect.   Quests
      Timeless Treasures: Weekly treasure chests on the Timeless Isle can now grant credit towards completing this quest. Professions
      Cooking Noodle cart chefs will now receive a well-fed buff while serving other players bowls of noodle soup. Items
      Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia's should no longer be incorrectly activating from actions that aren't helpful spells. Ticking Ebon Detonator's should no longer be incorrectly activating from actions that aren't attacks.   Protection Paladins are now eligible to receive the following items with via personal loot (Raid Finder and Flexible difficulty) and bonus rolls (all difficulty modes). Siege of Orgrimmar: Bubble-Burst Bracers, Corruption-Rotted Gauntlets, Darkfallen Shoulderplates, Demolisher's Reinforced Belt, Legplates of Unthinking Strife, Poisonbinder Girth, and Thranok's Shattering Helm. Ordos: Magdalena's Murderous Crown, Partik's Purified Legplates, Remnar's Ruinous Girdle, Rossi's Rosin-Soaked Shoulderplates, and Vanguard's Burly Bracers.   (source)
    • BlizzCon 2013 Map and Schedule
      By Damien
      BlizzCon 2013 is just over three weeks away! Whether you're joining us at the Anaheim Convention Center in person or viewing from home with the BlizzCon® Virtual Ticket, we've got a lot of fun and festivities lined up for you.
      To help you form a plan of attack, we've just posted a schedule of the panels, eSports tournaments, and other events happening at BlizzCon on Friday and Saturday. You can also check out the floor map to get a lay of the land.
      If you'd like to watch online, the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket grants you access to the events on the Main and Panel stages, along with this year's in-game goodies. We’ll also be broadcasting the opening ceremony and this year's eSports tournaments—including the StarCraft II WCS Global Finals—for free at www.blizzcon.com. Stay tuned for more information!
      By the way, we have changed the name of our newest game for the third time. You can look forward to more information regarding Heroes of the Storm at BlizzCon!
      (source)