FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Emberose

Demo lock refored to Destro Stats

I was hoping I could get some help. I appologise ahead of time if this is already answered somewhere but I cannot find it. I currently play my lock as Demo and I just started to raid last week in a 25 man team.

I do have lots of questions about my rotation and all that but will ask again at a later date. I am at work so I do not have access to a lot of the resources I need to ask my questions.

My dps was low during the raid so I decided to try out Destro to see the difference in my dps. Destro dps was lower then my Demo dps but then again I am just getting used to it. So I switched back to Demo to see what the difference in dps is.

I was using one of the training dummies so I know in a true 5 man/raid situation it will be different due to buffs/flasks/food but I was just curious as to the difference. I noticed that I was pulling more dps as Demo being refored to what askmrrobot suggested for my Destro spec. Is this normal or am I missing something. I am only at 470 ilvl and I know I can use lots of upgrades.

In 5 mans I am hardly ever on top of the dps meters (doesn't matter to me if I am). I'm lucky if I pull 40k dps. During the raid I was averaging 52k and I think my highest was 65k. I am still figuring out how to correctly play the spec.

Because of my current gear is it okay to stay reforged as Destro when playing Demo or am I missing something?

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Emberose - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Emberose/advanced

Edited by Emberose

Stats are about 10% of your DPS while executing mechanics of your class will be about 90% of your damage. Stat weights are not different enough to make a meaningful push into one particular stat for Destruction and Demonology. The difficult thing about playing two different specs for Warlocks is to find a balance you're happy with. For me, raiding as Affliction and Destruction makes me prioritize certain things...do I push full Mastery and let Destro drop down a notch? Sure. Stack Crit? No way, because it is so awful for Affliction. Find that balance, but remember that most of your damage comes from playing well, not having your stats 'optimized.'

• Like 1

If i can be of any help here i'll try.as i love to play Demo i am still learning the spec/class.You are going to need to make sure you can get to about 750 Demonic fury you can really help yourself out this this macro,just spam the button until imp swarm pops which will again really help with DF gain,just remember to fill in with shadow bolts and soulfire when you get a molten core proc.Once you get to about 750 DF you can use this second macro,followed up immeditaly with my third macro which you'll just spam until your flashfrozen resin goblet is up.mY Burst dmg is nuts and then after that your just filling in the priorities until your ready to use macro's 2 and 3 as i try not to pop into meta w/o being under my trink/ench and my DSK procs to maximize my dmg output,but like i said still learning the spec.

/castsequence [mod]Corruption;reset=target Demonic Circle: Summon,Hand of Gul'dan,Curse of the Elements,Corruption,Imp Swarm

/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge

/use Flashfrozen Resin Goblet

/cast Grimoire: Felguard

/cast Axe Toss

/cast Felstorm

/castsequence [mod]Soul Fire;reset=target Metamorphosis,Doom,Chaos Wave,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos,Touch of Chaos

Edited by Sargerik
  • Like 1

I use macros here and there but if you truly plan on maximizing your DPS, stay away from cast sequence button smashing (no offense to anyone that uses it, i'm not trying to be an azz). You just learn the class mechanics better for situations that demand change.

I do have to say that's a sexy macro though. For an opener.

Still that ties up three keys for a single target. you don't want to pop half that stuff on trash.

Anyway,

I out DPS my Demo spec on fights with 3 or less targets (with Destro), after that I fall behind. I dont change my Stats for that at all. Its just learning the mechanics and fully understanding spell priority. Its always the passive skills that get overlooked (and the mods we use to monitor)

Like when to burn backlash, when to pop havok and nuke another target with proc enhanced chaos bolts... It just takes time.

Reading Zagam's posts helped me pick up 20k DPS because I was thinking "pandemic" took an empowered dot and increased its timer. lol

Heck, reading that Macro helped me. I never casted imps before switching back from Meta because I wanted the imps to build back my fury faster after meta. Now that I think about it, the only way you are going to cast that many "touch of chaos" spells is by having the imps fueling its generation.

Rawk on

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By filthsilvermoon
      3/11 M Antorus (ABT)
      FiLTHYs most wanted:
      2x Balance Druid
      2x Warlock
      1x Spriest
      1x Frost DK 1x Mistweaver

FiLTH, a friendly progressive guild looking for more skilled players.

FiLTHY Raid team:
      - Push Mythic progress
      - 3 raids a week, 3 hours each (Extra raid night during opening month of new raid content)
      - Must complete M+ 15 each week
      - 72 minimum traits
      - 940+ ilvl
      Raids are: (Monday extra night) Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8:45PM - 11:45PM Server time (+1 GMT)

What WE can offer YOU:
      - Great and friendly community
      - Always people around to join in your keys
      - Teamspeak 3 and Discord server
      - M+ guild groups 15 and above
      - Raid Logs after every raid
      - Website forums
      - Raid livestreams
      - Guild Whatsapp groups
      - Special event nights
      - Alt raids

FiLTH is a fun place to be and most who join call it their home and family. It’s been a competitive raiding environment for over 6 years and has a strong and experienced core.
      Wowprogress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/silvermoon/FiLTH

APPLY AT: http://filth.guildlaunch.com/
      OR
      Reply to this thread
      Message me on Marvynn#21579 or MrRoboto#2229 or Fozzy#2286.
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By Crudetorrent
      Hi, This is about Ice Veins Demonology 100 talent discussion. I'm greatly confused about this, since I can't see any synergy between Ascendance and Soul Conduit. If anyone could clarify this. I've already thought about it having something to do with summons. But it has to do with DE so yeah. Simply can't see the synergy with theese two together.
      Copied right from the 100 talent discussion from Icy Veins:
       Soul Conduit is the best option for single target and light cleave and should be your go-to for most encounters. This talent is only worthwhile if using  Thal'kiel's Ascendance.

• By Iobster
      Hello All. I've been searching for days with no luck, wondering what the general consensus is on the route we will be taking on our way to Concordance of the Legionfall. My current thoughts are 1/1 Swarm of the black harvest (increase damage by 10% and stamina by 10%) ->  4/4 Infernal Furnace (Increases damage dealt by your wild imps' firebolt by 10%) -> The Doom of Azeroth (10% Doom Damage... with Kazzak leg belt) then continuing on new traits towards concordance of the legionfall. If anyone knows a way to run numbers on this route or anyone has already done it please let me know :). Thanks all.
      7.2 Artifact Calculator - http://ptr.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#mBAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAA
      -Steve