FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shadeleaf

EVLui questions

Just installed and liking it. Do have a couple concerns though. My quest log appears on the left of my screen, and I cannot move it. I don;t know if there's a window in the UI that controls this. I'm unable to find anything in the Blizzard interface topics either.

Addons I have are - Addon Control Panel, Can't Heal you, DBM, Fontifier, Data Store, Recount, Gatherer series, GTFO.

One last request, if I may. Any further addons I should take into consideration, that, hopefully would not conflict with the Evlui? Suggestions I've heard are Classic Decursive Panel and Power Auras.

My characters are level 90 Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, and Arcane Mage. Also have level 48 Affliction Warlock, and 21 Holy Priest.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

For moving things around, type /elvui and then at the top of the window, click on "Toggle Anchors". This will allow you to move everything around to your liking.

Regarding auras, you should not that ElvUI comes with different types of auras already and you will be able to choose what you want to install during the setup process. That said, you may want Weak Auras (Power Auras successor) if you intend to create complicated auras.

Regarding your current addons, I think that fontifier may slightly conflict with ElvUI, although this is only an educated guess and the best way to find out whether it is the case or not is to try to run both addons at the same time ;)

Weak auras is great right now. Until power auras has been completely revamped like they said hey would, weak auras is superior.

Thanks for your input. Did what was suggested, but I find the Objectives (Quests) are not under the EvlUI purview. So it must be a Blizzard thing. I'll delve into it a little more deeply. Thanks again.

By the way, I'm very impressed with the web site. Very detailed and seems thoroughly researched and informative.

There are 2 addons I use(d) to move frames around.

Number 1 is BlizzMove, this addon makes the blizzard windows movable so you can just click them and drag them around. It is very useful for example if you (like me) use an overlay for ventrilo/TS3/musicplayer/movieplayer/... and it blocks of certain windows. Just drag them around and everything is fine.

And number 2 is MoveAnything. It is an addon you can use to change the move, scale, adjust transparency... of any Blizzard window. This however has to be done through some menus and is a bit harder to do in real time. It is however a great tool (especially if you want to make a crisp and clean UI for example) if you like your windows in certain spots.

some examples for MoveAnything: I like to have my quest log open to see objectives or read quest text, but having it in the middle of my screen taking up all the place is annoying. So I used this addon to put the quest window in the bottom left corner and now whenever I open it, it pops up in the bottom left corner every single time.

I did the same thing with my character frame, achievement frame... Instead of popping up in the middle of my screen from left to right, they now each have a specific place on my screen to appear and I no longer have any problems with my panels changing orders or not being where I want them to be.

I hope one of these addons will help you with what you need.

Just another add on question(s) As mentioned in my original post (see above). I have consulted the general class guide for Shadow Priest, and will probably add those I do not have already installed.

I would like opinions on whether Carbonite, or other similar add on would be beneficial for tracking quests and such? Also has anyone used or using the Spellflash series? My thanks for to those taking time to assist me. I'm a senior citizen, so any help to my doddering, fumbling around is always appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Just wanted to chime in on your carbonite question. I'm not sure if all the quests are in for MoP yet but I personally find Carbonite a MUST have addon. The mapping functionality, warehouse, and quest tracking are all amazing! I have been using carbonite since the beginning of time (well... as long as I can remember at least Posted Image ) Can't imagine playing without it now.

Carbonite is a work in progress but it does have the quests as right now the MoP quest data is being retrieved from the blizzard quest information. You may find that sometimes quests for a certain zone do not show up and this can easily be fixed by getting a new quest, turning in a quest or doing a /reload

The original authors basically stopped developing the project when Blizzard started a crackdown on paid applications and fromt hat point on only did some bug fixes. When MoP came out the addon was SEVERELY broken because it was unable to handle the number of new quests and zones. Rythal started to release some fixes on his own and a few months ago took over the project and is working on getting everything up and running as well as breaking the addon into separate pieces so user can pick and choose what parts they would like to use.

Information can be found here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116 and the addon main page is located here http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12965-Carbonite.html

In the coming months carbonite will likely be rebranded and released as Carbonite 2 with lots of changes though this will be incompatible with the original carbonite's note system so any notes will likely be lost.

As far as spellflash I use it and like how it works. I have multiple characters that I play and sometimes making the switch I forget my rotation and it helps me to remember to use a certain spell otherwise it would likely be overlooked. It will flash your major cooldowns sometimes and you will have to make a decision on the correct time to use those as using something that has a 10 minute cooldown on the trash before a boss fight is very wasteful. I try to keep my major cooldowns in an area separate from my normal rotation so the flashing doesn't become a nuisance and they don't get used by accident. But it does pretty well to teach you a rotation and help you remember how to keep it going.

Another suggestion for you if you want to try new setups out or are worried that an addon may cause an issue with your normal ui is to setup alternate User Interfaces.

To do this you will go to the directory where your world of warcraft is installed. On windows7 64bit it would look something like this C:Program Files (x86)World of Warcraft

You then want to RENAME the folders of interface and WTF to something like "Interface main" and "WTF main" Once that is done start wow and log in to a character. The default UI will be rebuilt and all settings will go to the default ones. You can then exit the game and the wow directory will have a new interface and WTF folder. You can install new addons to that interface folder and see how they work or if you like the functionality. To go back to your old UI and settings you just rename the new interface and WTF folders and then change the original ones back. This is great when you find something you like the screenshots of but just don't quite know if you want to make a commitment on the changes or not. This can also be useful if you have a set of addons you want to use for raiding and others for regular playing, this can be especially useful when your computer has minimum memory as in a raid you may not want addons loading that are for tillers reputation or addons for cooking and tradeskills as they take precious memory you may not have available.