FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Helix

BM AoE questions

Hello,

I haven't played a Hunter much since WOTLK and recently rolled a new one on my current server. Currently around level 58.

I read in the guide about the BM AoE rotation, basically stating that against 3 or more targets, spam multi shot. It didn't mention using Kill Command, but when I read the Beast Cleave passive it states melee attacks for 4 sec will cleave nearby targets for 30% damage. Wouldn't Kill Command prove to be a DPS gain? Or does it not work with Beast Cleave?

Next I understand Mastery should improve the Multi-Shot damage since it increases Pet Damage. I'm just curious if the increase is so high to warrant spamming Multi-Shot alone instead of applying Serpent Sting on x amount of mobs first. I say this because the Multi-Shot damage is pitiful whilst leveling and unless the scaling and mastery ends up making a huge difference I'm not even sure if 50% Mastery would make up for the damage difference... Just curious though.

Apart from that I'd just like to say kudos on the site. It's very informative, neat and easy to use. Been in my bookmarks for a while Posted Image

BM aoe is bad. Kill command doesn't work with beast cleave and multi-shot's damage is pretty low. Multi-shot does 12k-24k for me. Three targets would yield 36k-72k and beast cleave the targets for about 2 attacks on average, so 2 more melee attacks would be about 15k-30k damage, so 66k-132k damage if you let beast cleave get off all their attacks before aoeing again. I'd say don't even multi-shot at that point. It costs 40 focus and yields just a little more damage than my arcane shot does and less than my kill command does and it has a limiting function. That's pretty bad if you ask me. You should just manually put SrS on those three targets because it would yield much more damage per execute time and focus. SrS ticks for 15k-30k for me and ticks 5 times which is 75k-150k damage. That's a much better use of your focus. Just reapply it after it wears off. Mastery has no affect on our multi-shot damage, but it affects your beast cleave damage.

Edited by Tehstool

My dps guide about BM aoe is simple: Do not use BM to aoe...

For those situation that requires massive aoe... Switch to SV or MM, my friend... SV is still one of the most badass aoe specs in WoW.

I hope blz could add some new strategy to BM aoe. It still pretty lame atm.

All pretty much as I suspected. Maybe the BM guide on this site could get an update on the AoE section.

Would be nice if Blizz increased the Beastcleave damage to say 80% and allowed Kill Command damage to spread too... Or simply just redesign Multi-Shot to add SrS for all specs.

Anyway thanks for the responses.