Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Has anyone tried the Green Fire quest line on the PTR?

7 posts in this topic

I'm on the last boss of the scenario and it's so difficult!!! My Warlock skills are completely rubbish, as I haven't played since the MoP beta, and beating this guy is proving really hard.

After a dozen tries or so, I had to teleport out of the scenario to repair. I can get back inside the scenario, but there's a closed door preventing me from accessing the boss again :(

Anyone else has tried?

I can tomorrow. I'll download the PTR and give it a whirly. I try to avoid it for fun but meh.

Wow. Apparently mine was bugged?

I attained green fire over the weekend, and while I felt the Souls boss was well executed from a design perspective, something was wrong with the final encounter. First... he had a MOTHER TRUCK TON of health. I think I spent 15-20 minutes killing him. Second, he sat there and did absolutely nothing. Nada. After summoning his high health minion (who I kept perma-feared), he stood stock-still while I dotted him 80 bajillion times.

Same. I gave up after 5 minutes thinking 'no way this makes it live.'

Semi-related, after you kill him and "feed" on him for a "taste" of the fel energies, you gain not only the power of green, but the power of "jump with a spin". You literally float up into the air curled up into a ball and spin for a good 10-15 seconds. Being an orc with monster scroll shoulders (Shoulderpads of Twisted Fate), this animation was a bit ridiculous.

Can't wait to see it with my challenge mode xmog shoulders...things are monstrous. So big that when I take my shoulders off, I almost laugh at how stupid he looks.

Yeah, he's bugged out.

I went through the quest line in the first build and it's a really difficult fight, but one that feels like it's just enough out of reach to keep you trying rather than impossible. I love it.

After summoning his high health minion (who I kept perma-feared), he stood stock-still while I dotted him 80 bajillion times.

Without getting spoilerific, I can tell you right now that won't work.