Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Has anyone tried the Green Fire quest line on the PTR?

7 posts in this topic

I'm on the last boss of the scenario and it's so difficult!!! My Warlock skills are completely rubbish, as I haven't played since the MoP beta, and beating this guy is proving really hard.

After a dozen tries or so, I had to teleport out of the scenario to repair. I can get back inside the scenario, but there's a closed door preventing me from accessing the boss again :(

Anyone else has tried?

I can tomorrow. I'll download the PTR and give it a whirly. I try to avoid it for fun but meh.

Wow. Apparently mine was bugged?

I attained green fire over the weekend, and while I felt the Souls boss was well executed from a design perspective, something was wrong with the final encounter. First... he had a MOTHER TRUCK TON of health. I think I spent 15-20 minutes killing him. Second, he sat there and did absolutely nothing. Nada. After summoning his high health minion (who I kept perma-feared), he stood stock-still while I dotted him 80 bajillion times.

Same. I gave up after 5 minutes thinking 'no way this makes it live.'

Semi-related, after you kill him and "feed" on him for a "taste" of the fel energies, you gain not only the power of green, but the power of "jump with a spin". You literally float up into the air curled up into a ball and spin for a good 10-15 seconds. Being an orc with monster scroll shoulders (Shoulderpads of Twisted Fate), this animation was a bit ridiculous.

Can't wait to see it with my challenge mode xmog shoulders...things are monstrous. So big that when I take my shoulders off, I almost laugh at how stupid he looks.

Yeah, he's bugged out.

I went through the quest line in the first build and it's a really difficult fight, but one that feels like it's just enough out of reach to keep you trying rather than impossible. I love it.

After summoning his high health minion (who I kept perma-feared), he stood stock-still while I dotted him 80 bajillion times.

Without getting spoilerific, I can tell you right now that won't work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Draxtor
      I understand the playstyle of pre patch demo, getting out as many demonbolts as possible, HoGing, then using Demonic Empowerment. However, since HoG has a slight travel time from the initial cast to when the imps actually register as down is it more beneficial to HoG, Demonbolt, THEN Demonic Empowerment? I know maintaining Demonic Empowerment is essential so Imps get as many casts as possible towards the 4 set proc, but if you follow a HoG with Demonic Empowerment are those Imps actually getting the empowerment if you're at high haste levels?
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock guide for Legion.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Demonology Warlock guide for Legion.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Affliction Warlock guide for Legion.
    • By DemonCratic
      So, I'm a warlock ilvl 665 right now, and I'm worried about my DPS, I'm not sure if it's low or not for my ilvl but it seems low compared to the data I saw on Noxxic, so I'm an affliction warlock, I respect the exact same rotation that Noxxic and Icy-veins show, and I'm getting around 20k DPS on training dummies, buffed with Grimoire of sacrifice, stone from highmaul and an elixir of intellect. I don't think that's good dps for my ilvl.
      My rotation is the following: I begin by using Soulburn : Soulswap so I apply my dots directly, then I cast Drain Soul as a filler, I refresh agony when it's = 7 seconds or a bit less, Corruption I refresh it when it's 5-6 seconds, Unstable corruption refresh at 4-5 seconds. I'm never gonna use a soulburn on a regular haunt unless a nightfall procs like directly after I apply my Soulburn : Haunt, I'll mainly save up my soul shards for Soulburn then haunt, so 2+ soul shards and it's mainly when I have the Soulburn: Haunt buff up that I pop Dark Soul: Misery (I'm not sure when to use it so I use it at that time)

So to go straight to the answers/advices I need
      1. Is this good/normal/bad DPS for my ilvl as an Affliction Warlock (Buffs: HM stones, Draenic potion, Grimoire of Sacrifice)
      2. Should I play Affliction at my ilvl or another spec such as Destro
      3. Is there any problems with my talents? I don't think my gears really matters since I'm pretty low ilvl but am I missing something?
      4. And maybe advices, etc... you know what I mean, thanks in advance
      5. Is there something wrong with my rotation? If yes, could you tell me how to improve it please.
      Bonus question: Is the legendary questline still worth doing, even if Legion comes out in 1 month and a half? 

Link to my armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Demoncratic/advanced
      (I'm counting on replacing the pvp gears I have right now, since I'm mainly focusing on gearing right now) 
      (And, it's my first Icy-veins forum so idk how to put logs, sorry.)