FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sifon

Quick Weapon Question

Hello everyone, I know its better to simcraft myself but I don't have time for next 2 days so here it is: I just got heroic staff from lei shi. I was using normal Loshan(2/2) and heroic offhand from blade lord(0/2). I have enough valor to upgrade staff to 517 and money for 500 int gem + 320 mastery gem. So my question is which setup would be more optimal. I'm Sifon from Twisting Nether.

Edited by Sifon

Upgrading the staff is cheaper. I dropped my 504 Loshan and 504 OH for the 509 staff mostly because it's quite easy to upgrade that to 517. Unfortunately, both the OH and MH have Crit...the staff also has Crit, so you can't really drop Crit anywhere. However, the staff does provide Haste and enough Crit that you can reforge into Hit or Mastery. The OH has only Hit and Crit, so you have to pick which beneficiary stat you reforge into.

Long story short, I'd upgrade the staff and not look back. Looking at the normal weapons from the next tier, I think the 517 Jin'ya will be BiS all the way until you get a 5.2 heroic weapon because of the 2 bonus sockets put into the weapons. Since you can't upgrade 5.2 gear and there won't be any extra sockets, you'll be comparing 517 to 522 and I think the 500 Int + 320 Mastery will over compensate for the other missing stats and prove that 517 Jin'ya will be BiS until you get a heroic 5.2 weapon.

Thank you for help Zagam, I'm using staff now and I had a break to sim up my character with 50k iterations but something doesn't feel right with results. I simmed my character with 6739 haste but haste weighed 3.24 against 2.64 for mastery even though there is no breakpoints close. Is that normal?

Edit: Tested with 7362 mastery

Edited by Sifon

Simcraft bounced values all over the world for me as I changed values per iteration. I got Haste all the way to 4.3 at one point...it does funky things as you hit certain levels. Disregard them.

Simcraft bounced values all over the world for me as I changed values per iteration. I got Haste all the way to 4.3 at one point...it does funky things as you hit certain levels. Disregard them.

So is my mastery and haste are close enough or should I get reforge to haste?

Doesn't make as big of a difference as you are making it out to be. Make Haste rating come as close to your Mastery rating as possible and worry more about managing your empowered DoT uptimes. This will be the larger effect in finding ways to increase your DPS.

Quick question too, just to be sure. I have Loshan with 2 upgrades and both gems (sha + 320 mastery). I have now looted the Elite Regail's Dagger. Is it the right choice to spend my VP to upgrade it to replace Loshan ? Or is it the same to upgrade another BiS item (set). Both my trinkets are already upgraded.

Thanks in advance.

[armory]

504 Loshan with gems > 511 Regail's Dagger. Don't waste your Valor. Those 1500 Valor points will buy you a 522 Hit/Mastery neck piece as soon as the patch goes live.

Those 1500 Valor points will buy you a 522 Hit/Mastery neck piece as soon as the patch goes live.

Doesn't VP get converted to JP up to 4000 JP, and the rest get converted to gold? Or are they not doing that?

edit: nevermind, i'm an idiot

After reading your feedback and locking ourselves in dim, fluorescent-lit rooms for much deliberation, we have decided that we are NOT going to convert Valor to Justice and Justice to gold when 5.2 ships.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142#1

Edited by Gravyspasm

Hey Morgaliel,

I'd say yes. If by Elite, you mean the Heroic Elite 516 Regail's you lose 470 of intellect due to the sha-touched gem, but you're gaining 1545 SP, which far outweighs that i believe. You'll gain some stats back through the inherent slot on the dagger as well.

Grats!

Edit: I also was unaware of them removing the Valor and JP wipe on release. I guess you'll need to decide if there are better options for spending your valor once 5.2 goes live. I was looking at a pure weapon vs. weapon comparison Posted Image .

Edited by Cruzan

I don't mean to hijack, but I have a similar question.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Jenaye/advanced (yes, i know bracers aren't enchanted; just got not too long ago and was out of town)

You see there my upgraded Elite Regail's and raid finder bladelord OH, but I landed Jin'ya's staff last night, and am in the process of upgrading. What would be a better choice for me?

Most of your damage will come from your spell power. An upgraded Elite Regail's dagger has spell power equivalent to a 511 item while Jin'ya will be at 496 (assuming you got the normal one). Upgraded with the Int gem to 504, Jin'ya will overtake your Regail's dagger because the Int on your off-hand is so low due to it being ilvl 483.

Also, try not to worry about this too much...the tier will be ending in 3-4 weeks. Heroic Jin'ya fully upgraded is better than all normal 522 weapons available so if you can get your hands on that, upgrade it and you'll be set until you start downing heroic bosses in Throne of Thunder. If you can't get yourself Heroic Jin'ya, just do what you can and look for a weapon upgrade ASAP in 5.2.