Rixhephtos

Disc Trinket Advice, Please!

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, need some advice. My BiS trinkets are listed as Demonic Phylactery and Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia. I currently have Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia, and Demonic Phylactery. I also, however, have Intiution's Gift. Should I go for the Insignia and Phylactery? Or Insignia and Gift? The spirit doesn't quite make up for the amount of mana I save with the reduced cost of spells, but that massive amount of crit... Gift upgraded gives me 436 int, 436 spirit, and 3,512 crit, vs the Phylactery's 359 int 359 haste and 702 reduced mana cost. I do have some trouble with mana, but between the channeled mana pots and Power Word: Solace (or should I go for Mindbender?) I do okay.

Which two should I go for?

1 person likes this

Hi,

Ill give my 10c worth without going into a 400 page spreadsheet and 6 years of research.

TL;DR - IMO DSI and Phylactery

The fundamentals IMO come down to how the Gift and Phylactery operate.

The gift gives the crit buff for 15 seconds every 90 seconds. The buff is limited to that window and causes my dislike for it. If you cant cast mass PoH or spam PW:S for that 15 seconds and have enough damage to warrant the spam (maybe gorefiend feast) then it will end up as "overshielding".

At the higher gear levels  the value of haste increases allowing you to lower the GCD and cast more shields. The Phylactery is a flat mana reduction which means IMO you are able to sustain a higher level of healing over the course of the whole fight as you have a higher effective mana pool and i find that more desirable than a crit burst every 15 seconds.

Empowered archangel devalues crit and if you are using AA on cd then you get a 100% crit chance every 30 seconds anyway.

As for the mana.

Solace will give you more if you use it on cd properly. If you find you cant spare the GCD or you suck at using it (LOL) then minbender isnt too far behind and is only required to be remebered once per minute.

I have made a few assumptions and the age old in a vacuum vs in reality and trying to squeeze out the last smidge of healing will always leave some open to critique but these are my thoughts none the less.

Happy Killing

Brew

2 people like this

Awesome, okay, thank you very much :) Been using the Phylactery, and I'll stick with it. Same with Solace. Been debating on which one to use for weeks now.

Hi,

Ill give my 10c worth without going into a 400 page spreadsheet and 6 years of research.

TL;DR - IMO DSI and Phylactery

As for the mana.

Solace will give you more if you use it on cd properly. If you find you cant spare the GCD or you suck at using it (LOL) then minbender isnt too far behind and is only required to be remebered once per minute.

Hi Brew - could you expand a little on how to use Solace on CD properly - I'm assuming "every time it's up, mate" is probably an oversimplification? ;)  I use Solace, but am unsure if I'm doing so properly - would appreciate your 10c worth