Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicarlitos

LFR loot rules, off-specs and queues

4 posts in this topic

hey,

here's an idea I have on improving LFR loot rules and queue times….

In the old loot system, flawed though it may have been, it gave an option to gear an off-spec (not necessarily by being a ninja…we used to do guild LFR runs for example). This cannot be done now, as loot is always tied to the spec in which you queued.

As a tank, I get into LFR really quick. Queues are short. The same is true when I'm playing my healer.

My problem is now, that I've got all the loot from LFR I need so I've stopped running them.

I would carry on playing them if I could have a chance at off-spec gear. I'd be happy to queue as tank or healer but just get a different spec of gear as a reward……surely this would be good for queue times and the game in general. So often it is one tank or a couple of healers missing….

Maybe I'm just spoilt with insta-queues, but having the option of choosing a spec of gear to have a chance for would get me running them again. It wouldn't just be for VP when I need it. Having an off-spec, even if only geared to LFR level, is very useful for a raid team.

What's your opinion?

Agreed having some system to get offspec in LFR would be great. I simply have no interest in going back and working on my healadin set by running dungeons, then LFR as a healer. If I could choose to roll for offspec on bosses, I would be delighted. Not sure what Blizzard's plans or thoughts are though.

My ideal, theoretical loot system when queing up:

1. Select lfr desired

2. Select your role

3. Select loot table or spec you want the system to roll on

4. ???

5. Profit

1 person likes this

This way you would no longer see players queing healer and dpsing or as dps and tanking (will probably still be the few who will anyways) and it would remove the feeling of playing another alt when gearing your mains offspec.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Havok
      WHO ARE WE?
      Fever Clan is a massive multi-gaming clan. With over 1000 active members, FeverClan is a one of the largest multi-gaming clans in existence. Our #1 goal is to bring a fun environment to our members and guests. 
      WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
      We're looking for raiders for Legion. We will have two separate raid groups going; one will be a three nights/week (10 hour) progression raid group, and one will be a one night/week normal mode raid group. 
      PROGRESSION RAIDING
      Where: 
      The Fever, Mal'ganis, Horde
      Recruiting: 
      We are currently accepting applications for all exceptional raiders of age 15+ for Legion.
      Requirements: 
      Proper Gems & Enchants
      Class knowledge (min/max your toon)
      Add-ons DBM, EPGP Lootmaster, EPGP DKP Reloaded & Angry Assignments
      Ability to research & learn fights quickly, execute raid mechanics & take constructive criticism 
      Good raid attendance above 80%
      Patience & Loyalty
      Follow the fever rules
      Team Player Attitude & Drama Free
      Loot:
      EPGP 
      Schedule: 
      TUESDAY- 6:30pm - 9:30pm PST / 9:30pm - 12:30am EST
      FRIDAY- 6pm - 10pm PST / 9:00pm - 1:00am EST
      MONDAY 6:30 pm - 9:30pm PST / 9:30pm - 12:30am EST
      (10 hours/week)
      NORMAL MODE RAIDS
      Where: 
      Cross-server invites: US/Horde
      Recruiting: 
      We are currently accepting applications for all mature raiders of age 15+ for Legion
      Loot:
      Likely personal loot due to cross-realm invites (Legion system doesn't allow for loot master outside of guild runs) 
      Schedule: 
      Thursday: 7pm - 10pm CST / 8pm - 11pm EST / 5pm - 8pm PST
      (More days/times will be added for separate one night raids) 
      Requirements: 
      - ilvl TBD
      - full enchants and gems (this is checked)
      - experience is not required.
      Rules (in summary): No drama, act mature, remain calm. 

Potential members applying to Fever must be at least 15 years or older. You can become a member by registering, submitting an application, and then completing an interview on our teamspeak server. The interview is quick and nothing to worry about!
      Register here: http://feverclan.com/forums/register.php
      Submit application: http://feverclan.com/forums/misc.php?do=application
      Interviews: Conducted on our teamspeak server ( ts.feverclan.com )
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      When answering “How did you hear about Fever Clan:” on your application please remember to put the following:
      Fever Member Referral
      Referrer: Havok
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      Thank you for your time and I hope you choose to join the pandemic! If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them!
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 13/13H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression in Legion.

About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). Like A Boss is now back after a 4 year break and we are looking to find more ranged DPS and healers to join us for raiding Mythic content in Legion. We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make a majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.

What we are looking for:
      Since our return, we have cleared 13/13 HFC on Heroic mode. We currently have 8 main raiders in our guild and have been utilizing the flexible raids and LFG system to run H HFC as a 15-man raid. We are looking to recruit more members into our guild (and have less PUGs in our raids). At this moment, we are seeking out ranged DPS and healers (prefer monk, druid, or pally) to join our flexible H HFC roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids come Legion.

Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST. We use Ventrilo for our raids.

If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By Lizzieag
      Inertia is building a new raid team in preparation for Legion.
      Raid Schedule will be:
      Tuesday and Wednesday 9pm-Mindnight, Server. 
      We are looking for committed raiders who take pride in their performance, and have a team player attitude. 
      Contact myself or another officer in-game for more information, or check out our website; www.inertialb.com
      We are primarily looking for tanks.
      More About Inertia
      Inertia is a group of progression seekers who enjoy tackling new content with a team of mature players who take pride in their performance and work well as a team. Most of us are 25yrs+ and have been playing WoW for a long time. We like to joke around and have a good time during raid, but are serious when its time for progression.
      The guild is generally very active as a whole, including groups working on achievements, mount runs, mythic dungeons, challenge modes and playing alts. 
      We also plan to have a 2nd raid group that will focus on Normal/Heroic mode after our main group moves on to Mythic. 
      There is always usually a group in Mumble to chatter with or play other games with when you are not playing WoW together. 
      All together, Inertia is a great guild for any type of player, as we have plenty to offer all around the board!
    • By Lectron
      We are looking to recruit to get a semi-hardcore H progression team put back together to hit the ground running in Legion. We are currently recruiting all roles for the raid team except for tanks (we have 2 set tanks but could bring on back ups as off spec). Our biggest need atm is ranged dps. 
      I started running Advent Immortal in 2012 and have built it up with the help of a core group of officers and members (most of which are still here today). We plan to run the semi-hardcore team as well as a casual team. We also have a great social atmosphere in the guild!
      The progression team will take raids serious, need to show up on time, and be ready to raid. That being said we like to have a good time while raiding as well but plan to kill bosses. Still putting together raid days and times but looking to run one weekday and 1 weekend raid night. Will start at 7PM server time (Eastern) and end by 10PM server (if we run a weekend night it could go a bit past 10).
      The casual team will be more laid back and will mostly run normal and possibly older content. The main focus for this team will be to help people become semi-hardcore raiders and for those who just want to raid and have a good time. 
      On the social side of things we keep guild chat pretty active most days. We have members that plan events for the guild to do outside of raiding. Trivia games, naked duels, and level 1 races across the world just to name a few. We are always coming up with contests and games for our non raiding members to get involved in. 
      In general Advent Immortal is a big group of friends and family who like to get together and enjoy wow. We like to have fun but can be serious when needed. We accept all types of players as you can see. 
      For more information or if you have any questions feel free to contact me or any of my officers in game. 
      Feel free to check out our guild site at 
      www.advent-immortal.com
      Thanks for your time, 
      Lectron- Bnet Lectron#1487

• By Macnico
      Teamwork is the basis for successful progression. This is the fundamental idea for <Cyanide and Cookies>, a fresh guild with its sights set on Legion Mythics. Individual expectations are paramount in their own right, but there's more to raiding than just showing up on time. What sets the most successful raid groups apart is that they possess the inherent ability to stay diligent in the most dire of times. Camaraderie, Consistency, and Confidence - This is our objective, and it is attainable through a recruiting process which commits itself to finding like-minded individuals with the capacity for leadership and teamwork. This creates the foundation for a rock-solid community of raiders.

While progression is the goal, we find that the social aspect of our guild is just as important to maintaining minimal turnover. Real life character is highly sought after, and we look for that in our prospects. Those who have a knack for open communication, but lack experience, will always be considered for a roll. We encourage our members to stay active: Mumble - /g chat - forums; These are the glue that keeps a guild together, and are expected to be utilized for pleasure as well as business.

When it's all said and done, we're all about quality raiders. If you're looking for long term progress, stability and camaraderie, consider <Cyanide and Cookies> for your new home.
      _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We plan to begin scheduled dungeon runs as soon as possible to advance in the new keystone system, gear up and get to know one another in a low stress environment. As soon as we're prepared, and as soon as they're available, we'll be jumping into the first raids offered in the expansion. From there it's a tedious, uphill battle, but it's a battle worth fighting!

Our schedule will consist of:
      Three hour sessions - 9:00pm - 12am
      Three nights per week - Mon/Wed/Thurs

If you have any questions for me personally, you can contact me directly in-game: Macnico#1199
      http://cyanideandcookies.enjin.com/home