Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicarlitos

LFR loot rules, off-specs and queues

4 posts in this topic

hey,

here's an idea I have on improving LFR loot rules and queue times….

In the old loot system, flawed though it may have been, it gave an option to gear an off-spec (not necessarily by being a ninja…we used to do guild LFR runs for example). This cannot be done now, as loot is always tied to the spec in which you queued.

As a tank, I get into LFR really quick. Queues are short. The same is true when I'm playing my healer.

My problem is now, that I've got all the loot from LFR I need so I've stopped running them.

I would carry on playing them if I could have a chance at off-spec gear. I'd be happy to queue as tank or healer but just get a different spec of gear as a reward……surely this would be good for queue times and the game in general. So often it is one tank or a couple of healers missing….

Maybe I'm just spoilt with insta-queues, but having the option of choosing a spec of gear to have a chance for would get me running them again. It wouldn't just be for VP when I need it. Having an off-spec, even if only geared to LFR level, is very useful for a raid team.

What's your opinion?

Agreed having some system to get offspec in LFR would be great. I simply have no interest in going back and working on my healadin set by running dungeons, then LFR as a healer. If I could choose to roll for offspec on bosses, I would be delighted. Not sure what Blizzard's plans or thoughts are though.

My ideal, theoretical loot system when queing up:

1. Select lfr desired

2. Select your role

3. Select loot table or spec you want the system to roll on

4. ???

5. Profit

1 person likes this

This way you would no longer see players queing healer and dpsing or as dps and tanking (will probably still be the few who will anyways) and it would remove the feeling of playing another alt when gearing your mains offspec.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Flexzilla
      (A)<Currently Online> Team Dawn Breakers is a new extension of <Currently Online> ; one of the premier gaming communities with over 10 guilds combined.

We are an early morning-weekend raid team.

Faction: Alliance
      Server: Sargeras
      Raid Times: Saturday & Sunday 9:00AM-12:00PM EST/8:00AM-11:00AM CST
      Semi Hardcore
      Newly formed extension but spots will fill fast! Jump on board and grab your early morning coffee and epic loot!
      Recruiting: All classes!

Add Exile22#11362 on BNET for more information!
      Please, visit www.coguild.com/raiding & view Team Dawnbreakers to apply!
    • By phily89
      Days avaliable for raiding:
      Tues/Wed/Thurs (This is somewhat flexible, aside from mondays which I can't raid on.)

Time avaliable for raiding:
      3pm to 6pm central time zone. (this isn't very flexible for me)

Willing to faction change?: No sorry I'm horde all the way.

Hardcore/Semi-hardcore/Casual?: I'm looking for Semi-Casual Progression.. I don't wanna wipe for hours on bosses because of people failing at mechanics, there needs to be willingness to remove the bad eggs from the raiding group. Even if it was me.(which it wont be)(9/10 times) :)

I've raided in most expansions to some degree. More indepth during tbc/wrath & mop. The other expansions I mostly PvPd.

Single target dps on bosses at the moment is around 180k give or take alittle. Bosses that involve pretty much any form of adds/aoe I'm easily 200k+

If you'd like to speak to me when I'm online add my battletag Phily#1579
      I'm willing to server transfer if I find a guild raid group that matches the hours I'm looking for.
    • By JaySnix
      Hey,
      i want to raid with my mistweaver monk. Up till now i only did mythic+ and my playstyle was mistweaving as mentioned in the Icy-Veins guide.
      As i was playing my healer , someone asked me how i can reserve all my mana if i face a boss in a raid but i couldn't give him an anwser and i was asking myself: " do I need to switch to fistweaving?". I don't like the thought of healing at the frontline , with blizzard cutting my visions since legion launch. So this introduction is leading to a specific question: Can i keep healing from behind? and if it is the case: how?
      Please help me , i am really enjoying monk as a healer!
    • By chicken
      How long did it take to clear emerald nightmare on beta for Normal and Heroic?