Topic Details

LFR loot rules, off-specs and queues

3 replies to this topic Started by nicarlitos, Feb 15 2013 07:12 PM LFR loot raid
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

nicarlitos
  • nicarlitos
  • Sergeant
  • LocationSouth West England
hey, here's an idea I have on improving LFR loot rules and queue times…. In the old loot system, flawed though it may have been, it gave an option to gear an off-spec (not necessarily by being a ninja…we used to do guild LFR runs for example). This cannot be done now, as loot is always tied to the spec in which you queued. As a tank, I get into LFR really quick. Queues are short. The same is true when I'm playing my healer. My problem is now, that I've got all the loot from LFR I need so I've stopped running them. I would carry on playing them if I could have a chance at off-spec gear. I'd be happy to queue as tank or healer but just get a different spec of gear as a reward……surely this would be good for queue times and the game in general. So often it is one tank or a couple of healers missing…. Maybe I'm just spoilt with insta-queues, but having the option of choosing a spec of gear to have a chance for would get me running them again. It wouldn't just be for VP when I need it. Having an off-spec, even if only geared to LFR level, is very useful for a raid team. What's your opinion?

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Vladamyr
  • Vladamyr
  • Kind of a Big Deal
Agreed having some system to get offspec in LFR would be great. I simply have no interest in going back and working on my healadin set by running dungeons, then LFR as a healer. If I could choose to roll for offspec on bosses, I would be delighted. Not sure what Blizzard's plans or thoughts are though.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Orei
  • Orei
  • Farmer
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
My ideal, theoretical loot system when queing up: 1. Select lfr desired 2. Select your role 3. Select loot table or spec you want the system to roll on 4. ??? 5. Profit

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Orei
  • Orei
  • Farmer
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
This way you would no longer see players queing healer and dpsing or as dps and tanking (will probably still be the few who will anyways) and it would remove the feeling of playing another alt when gearing your mains offspec.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users