FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
buMf00d

Taking MoP 'seriously'

In the past I've leveled a few characters and have always been somewhat of a hardcore raider. Clearing all content in the expansion as soon as possible and raiding a lot. I've taken some breaks inbetween when I grew tired of the game.

At the start of MoP I leveled a monk to 90 as fast as possible and quickly found the class very boring. I felt no real connection to the character so to say and didn't like the skills very much. I wanted to try tanking but it was just not my thing, I didn't like the dps or healing mechanics either.

Back to current day, I leveled a rogue to level 90 this weekend. It was the original class I started playing with and it has given me the urge to start playing actively again. I joined a guild with a lot of people from my old server and am having fun time hanging out. I do not have any alt characters on this server.

But now, I'm lost. What do I do now? I haven't finished all the regular quests because I had so much rested experience, is that something I should go for first? Should I just try to get gear as fast as possible so that I can start doing daily heroics? What would you say is the 'best' way to fully enjoy this expansion?

I know this topic is kind of vague and that there is a ton of information out there already but I just can't seem to put it all into a 'list' of stuff I should be doing during the few precious hours a day I have to play the game.

To make a long story short, what is the best way for a freshly dinged level 90 to get gear to start doing heroics and eventually raiding and what things should I be concerned about reputation wise? I have 4k justice points.

Edited by buMf00d

When dinged 90 start doing daily quest hubs, to start of with Golden lotus, questing in Dread Wastes and towlong steppes gives you rep as well. And the quest daily hub of operation Shieldwall or Dominance Offence (alliance or horde). That way you gain reputation with the factions so you can buy gear with VP. Also run heroics when you feel your gear is up for it, doesnt ask much to do those.

When ilvl 460 you can startoff with LFR...

See for the quest hubs and rewards at the top of the page: menu quests and events

GL

• Like 1

You may find the Klaxxi dailies a huge grind, but what faction rep wasn't (not counting tabard rep), but Klaxxi rep gives really good epic gear. Unlocking new dailies for them did speed up the grind and the variation of the dailies presented some very little relief. You MUST do Golden Lotus to open up the last couple of faction dailies, and like Klaxxi Golden Lotus is a grind, and they do expand on the daily list as your rep goes up, again minor relief but also very good gear. LFR is a crapshoot, I've found that doing my LFRs with some guildies at least provided some ventrilo humor and made it less painful when it was not the best group. Doing your LFR early in the lockout during typical raid times will speed up the que and put some raiders in your group, at least some raider alts. If you get in a LFR and the tank dies on trash and no dps is over 30k you may want to re-que or start some deep breathing exercises to keep your frustration from giving you a heartattack. As soon as you hit 460 ilevel start random heroics, better yet buddy up with a tank for insta-ques in heriocs. To make LFR ques better bribe a healer to join your group. Don't forget Halfhill for getting your farm up to level, lol, I had no idea what Farmville was all about until MoP started and thanks to Hafhill I'll never ever play Farmville. Dominance is another set of dailies with some variations and like other factions it's another grind. I didn't play Cata but I can say that I have enjoyed MoP almost as much as TBC and about the same as WotLK. Good luck and find a group to share in your miser... errr .... FUN that is.

Edited by Amicitia
  • Like 1

Valentines Day dungeon! You can grab a free 480 neck piece with little effort.

Honestly what I did was hit 90 and got all 463 gear. My whole group was sitting in the 462-8 range when we first headed into Mogu'shan Vaults. I hated dailies. So I did Klaxxi and by the time I get the rep for gear we were starting to make some decent progression into MSV. So I gave up on dailies. I did notice though that many members in my group were shooting 5-10 or more ilvls ahead of me. That was because they dis the work and got their rep gear. Lesson learned was you do not need to do dailies and get all that gear but it sure is an easy way to get your foot in the door gear wise if you do not find a raiding group right away. Also dailies give you these new elder tokens that you can get to give you an extra roll on boss drops. This is a nice bonus from dailies. LFR is a goodway to get gear if you are lucky and have some of those nifty tokens to help you roll for extra chances on gear. Like Amicitia said make friends with a healer lol will help big time with your que times

• Like 1

The event instance mentioned above takes three mintes tops and you are guaranteed to get the neck pretty soon. As dailies go, be careful not to burn yourself out - it happened to many people, because especially the golden lotus ones are extremely boring. Still, if you want to gear up fast, go with Golden Lotus quests and the Klaxxi, do the LFR, kill Sha of Anger in Kun Lai summit each week (takes five minutes and has a decent chance of getting 496 pve items and 487 pvp ones)

• Like 1

If your time is limited, focus on the Tillers' rep, and the new Shieldwall/Dominance rep. Since these two are the most useful to get tidied away before 5.2.

Aim for ilv435 as fast as possible, use the AH and crafted items to get there (if you have coin). Once you can queue for Heroics, chain them until you get ilevel 460 so you can queue for Mogushan Vaults LFR. As mentioned, there's ilevel 450 gear available through quests in Dread Wastes also.

At ilevel470 you can do LFR HoF and ToES, so that's your next goal.

You ideally want to get to ilevel 480 before 5.2, so you can queue for the Thunder Throne LFR.

Klaxxi and Golden Lotus both award ilv489 items when you hit exalted, and the new Domination/Shieldwall faction has a 496 ring that you can purchase with VP at honored rep (IMO the best first item to buy with VP).

You could ignore Golden Lotus, Shado-pan, August Celestials, Order of the Cloud Serpent, and Klaxxi reps if you don't have the time to grind them. Buying any 489 VP item at this point is a waste (IMO), since you'll ideally want to hit 5.2 with 3k VP saved up, and the 496 items from Domination/Shieldwall are a better way to inflate your ilevel for LFR. And these reps will be easier to grind when the patch drops, with the additional ways Blizzard is giving us to grind rep.

Just focus on getting your ilevel to 480 and maxing out your weekly VP cap (1k).

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned but every day you should que specific for Siege of Niuzao Temple HC. Epic dagger drops from there. Apart from that just dungeon grind till you can do LFR, buy Justice Points items and replace the lowest ilvl stuff first. Check the AH if you find you are just missing a couple of ilvls to do LFR. There might be a bargain to replace something bad.