FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kozik

Blood Reforging and Mr Robot

In the section for Blood Tanks, it mentions the two different strategies and options for Reforging and Gems, and then just says "We reccomend the above-mentioned priority."

I'm sure this is probably pretty clear, but I can tend to be daft sometimes. This means that the Admin's suggest using the Hit/Expertise build, correct?

I don't really follow any of their builds, because they're all one dimensional. You don't need to worry about Hit/Exp capping unless you're having threat problems, or you're trying to maximize dps. But if you choose the mastery build then MrRobot is going to have you reforge yourself into like 2% hit/exp, which I think is too low.

- I gem everything for maximum stam. Blue: pure Stam, Yellow use a green Mastery+Stam, or in the occasional red socket a purple Exp+Stam.

- Reforge into Mastery first on everything that doesn't already have mastery. (The highest stat is your best choice, so typically it will be dodge or parry. try to leave hit/exp alone at this point)

- If your hit/exp aren't at least around 5% then reforge dodge/parry into hit/exp on gear which already has mastery

- Reforge the rest of your dodge to parry

Or alternately

Choose the Mastery build on AskmrRobot. and then edit the stat weights. Put Exp and Hit to 1.1 so they will be higher than dodge/parry, but lower than mastery. When I do that it says my reforges and gems are perfect

Edited by Storm
  • Like 2

I don't very much trust machines - - They just do "logical calculation" as they are programmed to do but things are more complicated IRL.

Hit/exp are not that bad. They don't just give you dps (threat), also makes your resource regen smoother, as well as more SoB for blood dk which leads to more self heal. I still think all tanks in MoP should get at least 7.5% hit/exp. My reforge is to leave all mastery/hit/exp, and reforge other stats to get hit/exp cap, then to mastery.

I do agree with Storm's opinion of gem. I use Stam>Mastery=Exptise too for my gem.

Edited by jasonleekungfu
  • Like 1

Actually Hit/Exp have almost no effect at all on survivability.

- Runic Power is generating by spending runes, even if the attack misses.

- Death Strike heals regardless of if it misses/parried/dodged.

- Rune Strike can only Miss. It can't be dodged/blocked/parried

- The effect on Scent of Blood is pretty minor. with about a 3.5sec auto attack on a 7min boss fight you'll auto attack 120 times. even with 0 hit and 0 exp that means you will miss 18 auto attacks over the course of the entire fight. Get your hit/exp both to 5% and you'll only miss 6 auto attacks over an entire encounter.

- The extra 1700 rating it would take to go from 5% hit/exp to capped could instead get you 17% more mastery. which would be 17% more blood shield on every single death strike instead of just 6. (Now given 20% healing from SoB increases both the healing portion and the blood shield, but still it's on 6 more versus every single death strike)

Edited by Storm
  • Like 1

You do make valid points, all I'm saying is just that you won't notice a huge difference between being capped vs being a little bit under cap. Most guides say the two ways to reforge are either hit/exp cap first, or just ignore hit/exp and go full Mastery>Parry>Dodge.

My way is sort of a compromise between the two. keep as much hit/exp as you can, but don't worry about capping, just get it close. and maximize your mastery wherever you can.

• Like 1

I'm currently running Mastery>Parry>Dodge and as much Health as possible. We haven't started raiding as a guild yet, but I've been able to get through MSV in LFR many many times with little problem.