Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Witch Doctor Firebats with Legacy of Nightmares

10 posts in this topic

I've been using this build on my WD but I've also seen a very similar build where the Gargantuan is used instead of the zombie dog, using the short mans finger. After testing them a bit it feels like the zombie dog build ends up doing more dmg, but considering a lot of WDs are using the Gargantuan build instead, that makes me think the Gargantuan build is stronger. What are your thoughts?

This build makes me feel like a noob.

I couldn't even do GR 50 with it, as it's so reliant on BBV.  I understand that Starmetal Kukri can reduce the cooldown of BBV, but what I don't understand is how SMK even has a place in this build.  Where are the fetishes?

And why do we want Haunt% on our offhand?

If those two don't make sense, I wonder what else I'm not seeing that is messing me up?  (not that I have SMK or using Haunt% ... lol, maybe that's my problem).  That being said, I don't see a single fetish on the screen and I'm not using haunt, soooo ...

What the hell am I missing here?

A large amount of Ancient Items for the set bonus.

That's what I'm missing.

Still doesn't explain to me the SMK/Haunt additions, but at least I know where my brain fart was at.

The SMK greatly reduces BBV, so that would be why that's included. Unless I'm also missing something, the haunt % appears to be an error. Just substitute that with one of the other skill damages included in the build, and you should be GTG.

The SMK greatly reduces BBV, so that would be why that's included. Unless I'm also missing something, the haunt % appears to be an error. Just substitute that with one of the other skill damages included in the build, and you should be GTG.

I understand what SMK is supposed to do.

I didn't see where the fetishes were coming from ... The only piece I hadn't found was the belt, which is of course the only source of fetishes in this build, and I was overlooking that.

Damn I feel dumb.

This build is very effective but also very boring. I'm currently doing lvl 50 grifts and it's pretty much a breeze (especially in terms of resilience) and I only have like 2 ancient items and no Starmetal Kukri yet. I also found it's way better to use "The Grin Reaper" in armor slot instead of Krelm's buff bracers", at least with only 2 ancient items. The xtra dmg far outweighs the occasional stuns and knockbacks.

This build is very effective but also very boring. I'm currently doing lvl 50 grifts and it's pretty much a breeze (especially in terms of resilience) and I only have like 2 ancient items and no Starmetal Kukri yet. I also found it's way better to use "The Grin Reaper" in armor slot instead of Krelm's buff bracers", at least with only 2 ancient items. The xtra dmg far outweighs the occasional stuns and knockbacks.

Stuns and knockbacks interrupt your channeling.  At lower levels, this may not be a big deal, in which case Grin Reaper might be better.  At high levels, however, it will kill you because of how much healing and damage mitigation are tied to maintaining that channel.  Even when it doesn't kill you, it drops your damage because Firebats (with that rune) takes three seconds to reach full damage.

I didn't see where the fetishes were coming from ... The only piece I hadn't found was the belt, which is of course the only source of fetishes in this build, and I was overlooking that.

Damn I feel dumb.

You can still change your passives around this if you only lack the belt, ie. for lower levels you can safely switch swampland attunement for fetish sycophant as you get enough resist from int for that

Damn I feel dumb.

The fetishes come from the belt of transcendence 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0