FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Derok

What to craft next?

Hi!

I have doubts on what (legendary I think) card to craft next. I have the following:

Dr. Boom (the only one I have crafted until now)
Illidan Stormrage
The Black Knight
Hogger
Cairne Bloodhoof (golden!)
Baron Geddon

plus all the adventures ones.

I like playing control mage (despite I can't make a nice freeze mage yet) and aggro pally the most, but I don't discard any class and I like to experiment with all of them.

The posibilities I've been thinking of are RagnarosSylvanasYsera and Antonidas, but maybe I should also focus on needed cards for freeze mage (like Pyroblast).

What would you do?

Thanks a lot!

You can make a reasonable freeze mage deck without Pyro. Antonidas is great in pretty much every Mage deck. Sylvanas is great in all midrange and control decks and so is Ysera for control decks. I would rate Sylvanas slightly ahead of Ysera, but both are great cards.

If I recall correctly, Sottle said that Freeze mage can be played without Alexstrasza. Additionally, I think that Alex is a 8/8 for 9 mana quite often due to the Renolocks on ladder. So probably go for Tony and Thalnos. 

If you don't have pyroblast, use Forgotten Torch instead.

Craft cards for your dream deck first and once you finish it, start spending dust on other decks. You can't play 2 decks at the same time anyway.

Antonidas if you want to play mage.  Tirion Fordring if you want an OP legendary that goes in any pally deck.  Sylvanas always has a place in any deck you decide to run (except freeze mage), and Ysera if you're into more fatigue games like control warrior or entomb priest.  Harrison Jones is finding a spot in most decks with a weapon-heavy meta right now too.

Alex is really necessary for freeze mage, I mean you *can* play it without it, but your win rate will be much lower.  If you really want to play freeze mage, that is the one I would suggest.  Antonidas is a more valuable craft for every other mage deck, including control mage though.  The other thing I would note, I would not craft Ysera if you are short on legendaries.  She is strong, but ultimately Archthief Raafam creates a very similar threat, not quite as good, but still a fairly suitable replacement.