FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cedrin

Affliction weapon question

Last night I was lucky enough to get regails crackling dagger normal elite. Sorry I'm writing this from phone and can't post links. Is it worth replacing my fully upgraded lfr staff with sha gem and 320 mastery gem ? It's a nice spell power gain but lose some intellect. Sorry I don't have any numbers, just looking for any idea what to do. I figure most guys are well versed In this gear already. Not exactly sure how int weighs with spell power. Reforging wise im actually looking to gain slight bit of haste and couple percent mastery if i switch and reforge. Off-hand would be lfr tornado summing sensor.

Again, sorry for lack of item stats. This has just been bugging me a bit. Maybe best question would have been how does intellect compare with spell power

Thanks

1 Intellect = 1 Spell Power plus a small amount of Crit.

Your total spell power comes from your Intellect + Spell Power on weapon. You're not losing Intellect this way if you have a 483 OH. Don't forget to look at the stats of your OH that will go with your 1H weapon. This missing Intellect you might not be adding is the 165 you add to your OH via enchanting. With a new tier coming very soon, I would just do what makes you happy. LFR weapons will be ilvl 502 and normal weapons will be ilvl 522, so you'll replace that stuff quick.

Thanks for the reply. I think the sha gem made current staff have around 300-400 more int total. Maybe less. But new dagger has close 1k more spell power. Thanks for the stat weights. I was thinking that was it but wasn't 100%. My server is really weak as far as raiding. Only a few guilds actually have cleared all raids. Had chance last night to get in one of those group.

LFR weapons will be ilvl 502 and normal weapons will be ilvl 522, so you'll replace that stuff quick.

There are people who have been farming LFR for months and still haven't gotten a sha-touched weapons yet. Weapons and trinkets tend to have pretty low drop rates, even on LFR. And in normal raids you may be competing against other casters.

I wouldn't necessarily assume you'll be replacing your weapon soon. If you can great, but don't count on it.