Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Janwing

Cooldown reduction

4 posts in this topic

How does CDR work ?


With my DH  Marauder build I need to get to 38% or so to get full up time on Vengeance


 


12,5% from gem in head + 10% from paragon = 22,5%


So i need another 16% from gear te get there.


But in the details screen it shows 21.24% and not 22,5%


 


I got 8% on quiver + 8% on 1 ring + 8% on shoulders = 24%


I would like te reroll the ring to CHD


But in the details screen the total CDR only gets to 38.6 %


 


If i remove my quiver from gear i drop to 33,33%


Why is 8% CDR not 8% ?. It seems that i only get 5,3% from the quiver.


 


If i remove paragon points i drop to 31.8%. So also there i do not drop the full 10%


 


Why is this ? 


Edited by Janwing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to do with Dimishing returns, you don't get full value of it when it reach to a certain point. All i can say and you need to look up about the dimishing returns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

How does CDR work ?

With my DH  Marauder build I need to get to 38% or so to get full up time on Vengeance

 

12,5% from gem in head + 10% from paragon = 22,5%

So i need another 16% from gear te get there.

But in the details screen it shows 21.24% and not 22,5%

 

I got 8% on quiver + 8% on 1 ring + 8% on shoulders = 24%

I would like te reroll the ring to CHD

But in the details screen the total CDR only gets to 38.6 %

 

If i remove my quiver from gear i drop to 33,33%

Why is 8% CDR not 8% ?. It seems that i only get 5,3% from the quiver.

 

If i remove paragon points i drop to 31.8%. So also there i do not drop the full 10%

 

Why is this ? 

 

I know this is an old post, but I had the same question and am now posting the answer for others who might be looking...

 

Instead of adding all the percentages together, and then subtracting the total from your cooldowns, it subtracts them one at a time.  Why does this matter?  Examples are probably the best way to explain it.

 

Before reductions, cooldowns are 100% of their full value.  So here is how you are expecting it to work:

 

12.5% + 10% + 8% + 8% + 8% = 46.5%

100% - 46.5% = 53.5%

 

So your cooldowns are reduced by 46.5%, leaving 53.5% remaining.  For a 30 second cooldown...

 

30 - 46.5% = 16 seconds

 

Here is how it actually works:

  100% - 12.5% = 87.50% (12.5% of 100% is 12.50%)
87.50% - 10.0% = 78.75% (10.0% of  87.50% is  8.75%)
78.75% -  8.0% = 72.45% ( 8.0% of  78.75% is  6.30%)
72.45% -  8.0% = 66.65% ( 8.0% of  72.45% is  5.80%)
66.65% -  8.0% = 61.32% ( 8.0% of  66.65% is  5.33%)

So you have 61.32% of your cooldown remaining.

 

100% - 61.32% = 38.68% cooldown reduction, just as it says in your character sheet.

 

For a 30 second cooldown...

 

30 - 38.68% = 18.4 seconds

 

If you think about it, 8% of 61 is going to be less than 8% of 100, right?  So as your cooldown gets smaller and smaller, the amount subtracted gets equally smaller and smaller.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.