FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Graeldelon

My Frost DPS sucks! Help!

Hey there! My DPS isn't too great on frost, and I really want to improve it because I hate lacking behind the other DPS, and I want to start giving our top DPS a run for their money if I could! Any help would be awesome!

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9174991/latest#

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Graeldelon/simple

Hey there! My DPS isn't too great on frost, and I really want to improve it because I hate lacking behind the other DPS, and I want to start giving our top DPS a run for their money if I could! Any help would be awesome!

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9174991/latest#

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Graeldelon/simple

Hi there biggrin.png

So two things to begin with. 1. Your trinkets and enchants are on point. 2. You are actually doing quite well for a frost DK. I (obviously) love DKs however compared to other classes we aren't super powerful at this point. So as far as toppling Mages, Hunters, Rogues, Pallys, Some druids, from the DPS meters, it realistically wont' happen XD. Doesn't mean you can't top the DK dps meters though and you can still certainly pull competitive numbers.

so areas for improvement that are somewhat linked

1. Soul Reaper. Once boss is below 35% health soul reaper becomes one of your strongest hitting abilities and you want to prioritize using it. On most fights you neglect to use it all and on the fights you have there is like 1 cast. Just improving your soul reaper usage will get you a nice dps increase. 

2. plague leech. Plague leech is our free rune button. We gobble up our diseases on bad guy for 2 free runes. You have the talent selected but you only use it once or twice per fight. Plague leech borderline should be used on CD. It will constantly keep you runes flowing. As far as disease application frost already spams howling blast so you just need to use a plague strike to reapply your blood plague. So, try to get more plague leechs rolling, it gets you more of well all your attacks XD Also, it would help in the soul reaper department. You may find you don't have runes available and that's why your not using it as much? Plague leech , disease gobble, boom, 2 soul reapers.

3. Runic corruption. This is an okay talent to have if you aren't comfy managing blood tap. However, I might recommend getting blood tap instead. It gives you on demand runes when you need it. Again, this all but guarantees in kill phase you will have a rune for soul reaper. So consider switching to blood tap for that reason. 

4. This is just a little helper. You don't use AMS too much. Anti magic shield lets you take at least 1 specific attack per fight to the face and get free runic power. More runic power is more frost strike. So, use a bit more AMS soaking can get you a bit more rp to play with (this part not as big as other 3 were).

So, tldr, moar soul reaper, moar plague leech, moar blood tap, moar ams.

hope this helps biggrin.png

• Like 1

I saw this on the side and just needed to make an account to help you.

Everything Demonardvark said will help your dps slightly but honestly none of that is the real reason your dps is so low. You aren't saving frost strikes for Killing Machine. I looked through a couple of fights and your crit on frost strike is between 50-60% which is absolutely horrible. On my worst fights my frost strike crit is around 85%. The only times you should EVER frost strike without killing machine is 1. You're about to overcap RP and 2. If you need more blood tap charges for soul reaper/howling blast (for aoe).

I've been pugging a lot since coming back and EVERY group has 1-3 frost dk's other than myself and they all do the same mistake as you. With 4p your crit should never be below 80%. Keep practicing what me and demonardvark recommended and you'll be top DPS in no time.

• Like 2

I saw this on the side and just needed to make an account to help you.

Everything Demonardvark said will help your dps slightly but honestly none of that is the real reason your dps is so low. You aren't saving frost strikes for Killing Machine. I looked through a couple of fights and your crit on frost strike is between 50-60% which is absolutely horrible. On my worst fights my frost strike crit is around 85%. The only times you should EVER frost strike without killing machine is 1. You're about to overcap RP and 2. If you need more blood tap charges for soul reaper/howling blast (for aoe).

I've been pugging a lot since coming back and EVERY group has 1-3 frost dk's other than myself and they all do the same mistake as you. With 4p your crit should never be below 80%. Keep practicing what me and demonardvark recommended and you'll be top DPS in no time.

Have to second this advice. I came here for the same advice and was making the same mistakes with FS. 

I dont have it a 100% as yet (temptation to mash something rather than nothing gets me sometimes) but it makes an awful difference to your dps just fixing that bit of our rotation.

Good luck with it.

I appear to have made a mess of quoting Leadthewise there.

Have to second this advice. I came here for the same advice and was making the same mistakes with FS. 

I dont have it a 100% as yet (temptation to mash something rather than nothing gets me sometimes) but it makes an awful difference to your dps just fixing that bit of our rotation.

Good luck with it.