Alebst

Mookin DPS help

8 posts in this topic

Hey so ive noticed in my logs that my dps is really low in the grey percentile so i was just looking at some people to take a look at my logs and gear to give help on what i can improve. Really looking to improve my dps as my guild is doing mythic progression, Any tips or help anyone can provide will be very much welcomed,

Logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21959/latest/

Armory

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21959/latest/

Hello buddy

I've given a look at your armory and logs, first thing to notice - you need to get a single target trinket. For demon fights heirloom trinket is the best fights, for non-demon fights I use 6/6 upgraded Sandman's pouch. Other than that your gear is fine, just replace your boots with non-versatility :)

As for the dps - you did your opener wrong. That's probably the most important part of the fight, and you should work on it. What I'm currently going with is:

-2.5 sec Incarnation

Prepot > Starsurge

CA, Racial > moonfire (macro this!!)

2x Starfire > Starsurge > repeat. On your last CA gcd you want to refresh dots on the boss. 

Your racial went off 6.5secs after pull, so you wasted 3.5secs of that delicious haste buff. Also you popped your CA way before dotting the boss. That is also a waste. 

Next thing is your dot uptime. First 2 mins of the fight when the boss was fully available for you:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2FqJMbA97jRxvDNp#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=16&start=1609518&end=1733115

And you had only 88.13% uptime on moonfire. Only acceptable values are 99%+, as it is extremely easy to keep your dots up (refresh sunfire every solar phase and moonfire every second lunar phase).

Furthermore, fight lasted 4mins +, you did not die, yet used your CDs only once. 

I'm getting the idea that you're using UI that is not helping you. Here's link of my TellMeWhen icons: http://i.imgur.com/GSPwRMV.jpgThe screenshot is old, but there's only few minor things that I've changed. I don't suggest you should do same thing, but you should adapt it and have something similar. Basically you want to NEVER look down on your action bar. Screenshot doesn't show it, but my cast bar is right below eclipse bar. So I can see all the info I need in a very concentrated part of the screen, and as it is in the middle - I can see what's going on in the fight, while keeping my rotation going. 

Fix these things that I've mentioned, and then repost your logs for more advanced evaluation. However by fixing these things you'll notice a decent dps improvement.

Just a general tip - if your raid is using cds on the pull, you should top the dps chart for atleast 20-30secs. Only specs that you should "lose" to are sub rogues and arcane mages. If you see anyone else above you - you're probably doing something wrong :)

1 person likes this

Alright thank you so much for your tip i will defiantly work on the things you mentioned above and work with my UI more 

Will repost logs after raid this weekend! And yes i do usally top the chart at the pulls using cds haha with a better open like you mentioned it should improve.  

I've given a look at your armory and logs, first thing to notice - you need to get a single target trinket. For demon fights heirloom trinket is the best fights, for non-demon fights I use 6/6 upgraded Sandman's pouch. Other than that your gear is fine, just replace your boots with non-versatility smile.png

Sandman's pouch isn't viable for boomkin unless the fight is very very short. Your mythic reaver kills are 3:47-5+ minutes

When understanding that Zakuun and Reaver are the only single target fights in HFC currently, and it is true that Orb of Voidsight and DSI is best for Zakuun. For guilds that are still progressing through HFC in any capacity, Reaver is going to be longer than guilds that have mythic on farm. The longer the fight, the better seed will do. I personally would not recommend anyone using Sandman's if they have Seed + DSI.

But it's quite easy for a group to reach stage when reaver dies in <2mins :)

And yes, if you're having problems with bombs - SoC is the way to go. 

Personally I use sandman's for Kormrok, as it is also single target fight (for my group) with a couple of "tank hands". Regular hands disappears in 1-2 secs

When understanding that Zakuun and Reaver are the only single target fights in HFC currently, and it is true that Orb of Voidsight and DSI is best for Zakuun.

Technically, Kromrok is pretty much single target becasue the hands should die before you can do any meaningful starfall.

I'm going to have to try out Sandman's pouch for myself. The more I think about it, doubling my crit while ring and full CDs are up on Iron Reaver makes sense.

Technically, Kromrok is pretty much single target becasue the hands should die before you can do any meaningful starfall.

Yeah I agree. I'll have to go look at my logs to decide because the strat for farm/zerg kormrok really depends on what your guild is willing to deal with. For my guild we go purple pool and deal with empowered pools. 

Edited by tbh