FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demamik

which spec for which ilvl?

Hi,

If we compare the T14H and T15H simc profile, we can see a better scaling for demonology and an even better scaling for affliction. And, as many, I will be stuck between the two profile...

So, when I should drop destruction and for which spec?

Then you'll want to change specs often. As for maximizing, if you're truly 100% awesome with each spec, then you'll realize that you already know which spec to do on each fight. I wouldn't suggest Destruction on Council by the same means as I wouldn't suggest Demonology if you're flying on Ji'kun. You can't look at Simcraft's "Patchwerk" style displayed simulations and want to go for a spec because of what those numbers say.

• Like 1

I wouldn't suggest Destruction on Council by the same means as I wouldn't suggest Demonology if you're flying on Ji'kun.

why wouldnt u wanna play demonology at jikun ... my first kill was me solo flying (with a healer ofc) as demonology never had issues with pets despawnin and we all know what demo does to those eggs ... just bring ur own bacon for a hearty breakfast

Well, my Felguard was despawning. I still ranked #3 in the world when I did it as Demonology (still #7 I believe), but given the knowledge of knowing I had to summon 3 Felguards during this attempt was enough for me. Sacrifice is a very solid option for Demonology, however, so if you're set on Demonology on fights with clunky pet manage, there's always that.

I wouldn't suggest Destruction on Council by the same means as I wouldn't suggest Demonology if you're flying on Ji'kun.

What about Council makes Destro lackluster? What spec is best for this fight and why? Thank you.

What about Council makes Destro lackluster? What spec is best for this fight and why? Thank you.

Council is one of the rares fights that multi dotting is benefical, Affliction can keep DoTs on all 4 targets, Demonology can use Doom on 4 targets to get more imps. Only thing Destruction has is Havoc which is limited with 2 targets and has a 20 something seconds cooldown.

Council is one of the rares fights that multi dotting is benefical, Affliction can keep DoTs on all 4 targets, Demonology can use Doom on 4 targets to get more imps. Only thing Destruction has is Havoc which is limited with 2 targets and has a 20 something seconds cooldown.

My guild is still progressing through Council, and so I wonder if while using say affliction would increase the total raid dmg, if i wouldn't be losing single target dps to burst down the possessed boss at the given time (since I would be spending less time MG the possessed and more time refreshing dots on the other bosses) Perhaps Demo would balance this, only needing to apply doom on all of the bosses? Suggestions would be appreciated for progression.