FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Omaric

Zagam, help.

OK, I need to stop stalking your armory because it's just confusing the hell out of me.

1. You're a troll now. Mind blown.

2. You've claimed mastery isn't good with supremacy for destruction, but are stacking it the highest.

3. You're a troll now.

I'm just going to assume you're doing some testing and have your stats balanced enough to use your affliction spec. That should let me move on with my life. =P

Also, I have noticed a LOT of top players have race changed to Troll. I wonder is the mini zerg racial soo much better then the rest of the racials..

Based on his progress it's probably for the horridon fight. I spoke to one lock in top 3 dps in that fight and he specced pure mastery for the extra damage to shadow burn etc.

My char is the same, damage did go up a fair bit when doing this for me

Alright. Sorry, mid-raid. On a break now, just got 541 ring.

Basically, I'm testing shit. I like Mastery because I know how to time Chaos Bolt uses. If you use them properly, Mastery will scale your DPS well. Haste is only good to about 20% and I dislike Crit because none of my trinkets are based around it, so I push Mastery and Haste, but more Mastery. I'm also using an Imp because I don't think the sims model him well. He's ROCKING out like a badass, so I'll keep that updated.

As for the Troll, Beast Slaying gives 5% more damage to all beasts (Horridon, Megaera, Iron Qon, Ji'Kun, and someone else). Also, the 20% haste for 10 sec is pretty damn awesome. Andddd...I needed a change. I promise I'm not giving advice then not taking it. Just trust me, things change per fight and I'm doing my best to boost my guild during heroic progression. On normals, I just test shit because DPS doesn't matter (no berserks).

Alright. Sorry, mid-raid. On a break now, just got 541 ring.

Basically, I'm testing shit. I like Mastery because I know how to time Chaos Bolt uses. If you use them properly, Mastery will scale your DPS well. Haste is only good to about 20% and I dislike Crit because none of my trinkets are based around it, so I push Mastery and Haste, but more Mastery. I'm also using an Imp because I don't think the sims model him well. He's ROCKING out like a badass, so I'll keep that updated.

As for the Troll, Beast Slaying gives 5% more damage to all beasts (Horridon, Megaera, Iron Qon, Ji'Kun, and someone else). Also, the 20% haste for 10 sec is pretty damn awesome. Andddd...I needed a change. I promise I'm not giving advice then not taking it. Just trust me, things change per fight and I'm doing my best to boost my guild during heroic progression. On normals, I just test shit because DPS doesn't matter (no berserks).

Are you using the demon glyph? (Name escapes me) Would you recommend stacking total mastery?

No, Glyph of Demon Hunting is butthole. That may be overstating it...I tested it and I really didn't see a gain or a loss. Just bursty, but less sustained. Seems good if you use him for PvP or dailies, but not so much for raiding.

http://www.worldoflo...4tl9ewh7v572zq/

Same thing I posted in other forum. Notes: Grim of Sac for Heroic Jin'rokh, Grim of Supremacy + Imp for Horridon. Had to summon the little bugger a few times because of despawning. Also didn't down it on Heroic, so that might come next week.

All with the same stats as in the logs. We're rushing normal modes again this week, so I'll keep stats the same.

I'm also using an Imp because I don't think the sims model him well. He's ROCKING out like a badass, so I'll keep that updated.

What makes you think this? From what I can tell my observer still puts my imp to shame. I found out a while ago that the observer will autocast clone magic for some reason if you leave it on auto which will kill its dps. With that turned off he does some serious work. Aside from the ranged vs. melee advantage the imp has what have your findings been?

Well the difference between the Observer and Imp in sim models is 1500 DPS...when you're doing 150k+, this is a 1% difference. Therefore, the difference lies in uptime. If there is ANY switching at all, the Imp will pass the Observer. Consider this list:

Jin'rokh: single target = Observer

Horridon: add switching = Imp

Council: switching = Imp

Tortos: switching = Imp

Megaera: switching = Imp

Ji'kun: single target = Observer

Durumu: largely single target: Observer

Primordius: Observer

Dark Animus: Imp

Iron Qon: flies during P2 = Imp, but shields during P3 = Observer. Observer is safe bet.

Twins: Observer

Lei Shi: Observer

You can see it's situational...which is what it SHOULD be. You shouldn't have a default pet. If you blindly choose the Observer because Simcraft says Observer > Imp in Patchwerk type fights, then shame on you.

^^^

I'm sure we've all been hearing that imp is beyond a joke for awhile now. With no actual changes to the damage it does in any recent patch, it's not surprising that people still assume it's bad.

I posted logs of last night in the Destro thread. I never pulled out the Observer. Imp kicked some serious tail. Plus...c'mon, look at this:

Observer: (with pet attack command) Point me at your enemies

Imp: (with pet attack command) now THIS is why we have a contract

C'mon. Clear winner. I need to find the list of things this little asshole says because they are truly incredible.

• Like 1

I posted logs of last night in the Destro thread. I never pulled out the Observer. Imp kicked some serious tail. Plus...c'mon, look at this:

Observer: (with pet attack command) Point me at your enemies

Imp: (with pet attack command) now THIS is why we have a contract

C'mon. Clear winner. I need to find the list of things this little asshole says because they are truly incredible.

Sometimes when I summon him he says, "Well if it isn't my favorite warlock! Did you catch that arena match last night? mmHMMMM!" Pretty great, haha.

But, what was your Observer doing comparatively to what your imp did? Was it very noticeable?

Omaric, DPS variance between the two is negligible. On a stand and shoot fight, in BiS gear, Observer wins by 1500 DPS (out of 190,000). This is based on Haste = Crit > Mastery reforge done in the model. Since I prefer Mastery with the cleave mechanics (because nothing is really a single target fight) and bigger Shadowburns/Chaos Bolts, the pet difference becomes even smaller. At a 519 ilvl, the variance becomes EVEN smaller. Then you just consider things like Observer moving from one councilor to another during the Council fight or the Observer switching from Durumu to a Crimson add...that's all lost DPS time. Even in this scenario, the difference in pets is marginal at best, so sticking with the Observer is ok, too.

Omaric, DPS variance between the two is negligible. On a stand and shoot fight, in BiS gear, Observer wins by 1500 DPS (out of 190,000). This is based on Haste = Crit > Mastery reforge done in the model. Since I prefer Mastery with the cleave mechanics (because nothing is really a single target fight) and bigger Shadowburns/Chaos Bolts, the pet difference becomes even smaller. At a 519 ilvl, the variance becomes EVEN smaller. Then you just consider things like Observer moving from one councilor to another during the Council fight or the Observer switching from Durumu to a Crimson add...that's all lost DPS time. Even in this scenario, the difference in pets is marginal at best, so sticking with the Observer is ok, too.

I hear you cluckin' big chicken. Thanks for writing it out sir.

Speaking of which, if you ever PvP against a Demonology Warlock, using Banish on a Wrathstorming Wrathguard has to be the best thing ever. I can only imagine the rage on the other end :D