Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaleb

tank/heals starting a ranged dps class

3 posts in this topic

ok im a tank heals always been one and im starting a rainged dps for my guild for raids and i dont know a good ranged dps to play for end game content so any suggestions would be helpful, and if you could pz give some rpos and cons on why you would suggest that class that would be helpful also. thanks for all your input and time to help a new dps out.

Edited by Kaleb

I have always been used to playing mele classes and taking heavy damage. I have a mage but solo can be a bit dicey sometimes because squishies just can't take a hit.

Honestly I love the abilites of my warlock and having a pet to tank and deal with stuff is very nice. A hunter would work well too with a good tanking pet for solo. They will also be some of the faster ones to level as you will be able to take on things that are much harder hitting with less downtime than a mage will likely be.

All the DPS classes are viable once you get to max level its just a question of which one you want to level up.

I would agree with NightShade in that hunter/warlock is pretty easy to switch too. I would say if anything, hunter maybe a little easier given it works more like melee classes then traditional casters since hunters don't have as many spells that require cast times. Not to mention, mail helps with dealing with damage (but still quite squishy).

I actually did the opposite and went from hunter to melee and found it pretty easy to switch.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Miixon
      (A) Natural Affinity- Dalaran (US) is recruiting.
      Current Progression 7/7H EN 3/7M , 3/3N VoT
      Natural Affinity has been around for ages a lot of us raiding together since MC . What we are looking for is folks that want to raid mythic and are willing to put in the work to improve themselves as raiders.
      Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday 8-11EST (optional farm content)
      Wed 8-11 EST (Mythic progression)
      Thurs 8-11 EST (Mythic progression)
      Our loot system is a mix of Personal Loot on Farm nights and ML/ Loot Council for mythic progression.
      Classes Needed :
      Balance Druid, Havoc Demon Hunter, Resto Druid, Mistwalker Monk, MM or BM Hunter, Shadow Priest
      Exceptional players are always welcome to apply as well
      http://na.gamerlaunch.com
      Please apply at http://na.gamerlaunch.com  
      First you must apply to the website then fill out the guild recruitment application under the Apply to Natural Affinity tab.
      After you have applied please let one of the officers know in game that you have done so and we will get back to you as soon as possible. After we have discussed it we might have a possible interview at that point.
      Thanks,
      Miixon (Raid Leader of Natural Affinity
    • By thefirmop
      Bulgarian guild - Overpowered - Emeriss - Horde - EU- 1/7M 3/3N
      Ние сме "Oldschool" българска гилдия, чието съществуване започна в далечната 2005 година на сървъра "Warsong".
      С новия експанжън подновихме рейдването и започнахме митик прогрес. След 4 часа опити успяхме да свалим "Nythendra" и да започнем втора фаза на "Elerethe Renferal",
       но се нуждаем от попълнения в митик състава, за да можем да рейдваме по-качествено и редовно. Целта ни е да изчистим митик контента преди нърфовете.
      Рейд графика ни е:
      - Дни: Сряда , Четвъртък, Понеделник и/или Вторник.
      - Час: 20:30-23:30 Българско време.
      За комуникация използваме "Teamspeak3", който е задължителен за митик рейдовете.
      Средната  възраст в гилдията е около 30 години, имаме желание да играем със сериозни, зрели хора, сигурни във възможностите и намеренията си.
      Към момента се нуждаем главно от "ranged dps", но всяка апликация ще бъде подробно разгледана и не е изключено да бъдат приети
      добри играчи от други класове.
      За контакти #Thefirm2851
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Priest: Disc and Shadow(Shadow is currently very wanted)
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
    • By Matster
      Paradigm - Bladefist (US) is a relaxed guild looking for more Ranged DPS, and 1-2 more tank healers.  We are progressing through Heroic right now, and looking to make 20 players to get into Mythic.  We have a Strong Melee dps core, but are lacking in Ranged dps.  We raid on Thursdays 7:15-10:15 pm Central time, and Sundays 6:00-9:00 p.m. central time, with the possibility of Monday Raid if needed.  If interested whisper Matster-bladefist, or others in the guild that are logged on.
      Our logs are below if anyone is interested in viewing before.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/14511
    • By Ilia
      Sever: Terokkar 
      Raid Times: Tues & Thurs 8-11 Central
      Roles needed:
          - Healers (non druid or shaman)
           -DPS: need ranged would prefer mage, lock, boomkin, melee would have to have a viable tank off spec
      Expectations:
           -Know your class: dps that do not improve with gear upgrades may be removed
           -Know the fights
           -Be able to come BOTH days and on time
           -If you can not make a day let a raid leader know in ADVANCE 
           -Have time to improve your toon (such as wq for ap)
           -Keep your gear gemmed and enchanted 

Greetings and salutation! My name is Ilia and I am the GM and one of the raid leader for our raid group. <Curio> is a new guild composed of seasoned raiders and have recently broken away from our old inactive guild. We do H EN every week and are starting normal TOV. Please add ilia#1583 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!