FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Yai

[Help] Low DPS on Balance Druid

Hi,

My raidleader is telling me that I'm doing too low DPS in raid.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Drulega/simple ilvl 491

Logs: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y32zrhadi2gge882/

I was trying different thing at different attempt, please use the last few attempt.

I already realize at the very last attempt I miss one CD cycle.

Also how to DPS during movement besides stutter step?

Any tips on this encounter is also welcome

Edited by Yai

I don't know ow how to compare Boomkin logs atm. Just looking at your armory I can see a couple things.

First, you need to fully enchant and gem your gear with the best possible enchants. Second, you have herbalism and mining as your professions. Having 2 crafting professions will always help your throughput significantly. Third, you are a Tauren, which gives no boost to dps at all. This is a very small dps increase and should only be considered for min-max reasons. Lastly, our Boomkin uses nature's vigil, but I don't think that makes much of a difference.

Edit: I just noticed. You have Very low gear for this. Most people had a average 500 ilvl before getting into these bosses.

I actually with a few more gear upgrades you could be just behind the people that are way ahead of you. What is the ilvl of the rest of your raid?

Get the 522 ring from valor to replace that blue.

Hi,

This was meant to be a gather alt. Last week one guild group require one more DPS, so I started gear this alt.

Currently I don't have enough valor, since this was an alt.

On the sujbect of racial and profession. Doesn't racial(troll, orc) effect DPS more than a single profession (except engineering with frag belt)?

How come is two profession helps "(my) throughput significantly", yet changing racial a "very small dps increase"?

To see the ilvl of my other raid member http://www.wowprogre...lscream/Caustic

Click view raid. These are slightly outdated, since that was a few weeks ago.

Edit: There is a armory link in their character profile on wowprogess.

Edited by Yai

I would think that racials offer only a slight DPS increase when choosing the correct one. I've never been horde, but I wouldn't think that a casting speed increase for a few seconds would equate to that much more dps. Especially since its only a fixed amount of time on a cooldown.

With professions, you can usually get a static amount of stats for ALL your spells. Lets take Alchemy and Blacksmithing for example. With alchemy you get 320 extra intellect from your flask. That 320 intellect affects ALL your damaging spells, making them do increased damage. The same with Blacksmithing, you get 2 extra sockets, so you can add another 320 intellect OR 640 crit. Those stats affect all your spells. Not just the ones that you cast during your cooldown.

The longer a fight goes, professions bonus value goes up continuously, while racial bonus values spike up with each use, but slowly degrade until you use it again.

Of course having both would optimally increase your DPS, but sometimes the cost of a race change is something people simply do not want to do. If you want to maximise your DPS and you have no qualms with race changing, then you can go ahead and do it.

Otherwise, profession bonuses would still be a more significant increase then what you currently have.

As per your raid teams ilvl, Looking at them, they are at least 15-20 ilvls higher then you are and Yet you are still keeping up with the people at the bottom. I'd say getting those few gear upgrades and changing professions would be the best thing for you.

Again, I have not looked at your logs to see if you are playing incorrectly, since the only boomkin I have to go off is part of my 25 man raid, and I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of boomkin rotation/spell usage.

This is my best attempt at an analysis, if someone else who knows more then I can help, that would be grand.

I took my last Durumu kill and compared one of your wipes that had simialr time "in fight" (roughly 7m30s)

http://raidbots.com/...2800014f#damage

My boomkin is just doing a lot more damage than you. But I'm going to leave that to gear since he is 507 ilvl. The spell usage seems similar

Posted Image

The important thing to note is how many times he used spells in comparison to you. Everything seems fine other then the starfire usage. which seems to be the biggest difference. Although, i'm not sure what that implies of either of you. (could be good, or bad for either because of how eclipses work)

Now looking at a few buffs:

Posted Image

Hes getting a few more starfall procs and more eclipses then you, when again, we can blame your gear for the eclipses.

The important thing to note is that you are very similar to him which means you are probably playing correctly and your 491 ilvl is holding you back.

edit: comparing your very last attempt with our kill, you did even better than what I saw up there.

http://raidbots.com/...91c00031b#buffs

It's simply a gear/stats issue.

Thanks for the deep anaysis. I was really looking for something like that. No one else on other forum post any infomative as yours.

The reason I was asking about the racial is because Panada racial provide 300 stat bonus nearly on par of the 320 provide by most professions.

And Troll racial is better than panada, from the numbers seems to be more than just a 20 stat difference. So I thought this should mean that Troll racial should be better than what most profession provides.

Edited by Yai

Well, you cant use the panda racial as an example, since druids cannot be pandas.

But I suppose you're right... I didn't think of that since they're new.

By the way, why do gear influence how much eclipses I get?

Is not casting enough my problem? I do think I do more poorly on fight with lots of movement.

I can only assume because of haste and slightly because of crit.

The more haste you have the faster you can switch eclipses. Haste also increases your DoT ticks, which in turn procs more starsurges, which will again push your eclipses faster.

Though, I could be somewhat wrong. Cause the extent of my Boomkin knowledge goes to haste to breakpoints for ticks/eclipses management then crit and mastery, lean towards more crit.

I haven't played a boomkin in a real raid since before MoP launched, so as far as I know from the crit changes, crit can potentially push you past eclipses faster as well since it extends your DoT's and gives you more chances to proc starsurges.

I can only assume because of haste and slightly because of crit.

The more haste you have the faster you can switch eclipses. Haste also increases your DoT ticks, which in turn procs more starsurges, which will again push your eclipses faster.

Though, I could be somewhat wrong. Cause the extent of my Boomkin knowledge goes to haste to breakpoints for ticks/eclipses management then crit and mastery, lean towards more crit.

I haven't played a boomkin in a real raid since before MoP launched, so as far as I know from the crit changes, crit can potentially push you past eclipses faster as well since it extends your DoT's and gives you more chances to proc starsurges.

Yes that is it. Thanks.

I think it is crit procing SS since, balance druid stat should be haste until breakpoint then crit.

Try this for durumu:

If you are very comfortable with the maze mechanics, make sure you got your DoT's on the boss and then use cat form + dash or Displacer beast to run ahead of your group, to the edge of the maze. Now this will only give you a very short amount of time, but once you reach this spot, go boomkin and cast one or 2 wraths or 1 starfire. You may have to test it out for yourself see if you can pull it off before the beam hits you, but it's something you can do while moving. I do this for example as a monk to line up a chi burst through my whole raid as they run towards me.

Sadly stutter step is the only way you'll be able to do any extra dps while moving, outside of constantly spamming your dots.

Try this for durumu:

If you are very comfortable with the maze mechanics, make sure you got your DoT's on the boss and then use cat form + dash or Displacer beast to run ahead of your group, to the edge of the maze. Now this will only give you a very short amount of time, but once you reach this spot, go boomkin and cast one or 2 wraths or 1 starfire. You may have to test it out for yourself see if you can pull it off before the beam hits you, but it's something you can do while moving. I do this for example as a monk to line up a chi burst through my whole raid as they run towards me.

Sadly stutter step is the only way you'll be able to do any extra dps while moving, outside of constantly spamming your dots.

Actually I am already doing this on the last few attempts. I do the melee maze so I don't have to move as much and get one cast off before moving to the edge of the maze again. I did not use cat form since the distance in the melee maze is pretty short. Edited by Yai

I guess all that is left is gear and you researching any other way to maximise your rotation. I just know a very general overview of how a boomkin works, which I'm glad at least helped you find the root of your problem. So I wouldn't know any real tips for maximum damage.

Here's a log for you to compare from last night.

We as a raid group did pretty terrible in my opinion. We were off or something, cause things weren't dying as quick as usual.

This attempt was 8m18s up from out usual 7m30~

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7ldnijiwhz6hlv14/sum/damageDone/?s=1337&e=1835

Th Troll racial when used on CD was calculated out to roughly a 1.2% haste increase if used statically.

Gear has made more difference than it should in this expansion, imo. Small ilvl increase seems to equal greater DPS than justified (plug for number squish). For you, your crit is still very very low and you don't have T14 4-set. Not your fault, as you've just started raiding with it, but BOTH of those together hurt you tremendously.

Your gear will make a difference as you gain crit. More SS procs, means faster to eclipse, equals more eclipse, equals more starfall.

I don't personally like the idea of cat form. You're doing no DPS while in cat form. Instead, maximize the Lunar Showers buff and try like hell to stay in eclipse during the maze so that you're constantly spamming an eclipsed DoT. If for some reason you find yourself with enough SS procs to push you out of eclipse, yes try to run ahead (dotting the whole way) and either casting your nuke OR trying to get a tick of Celestial Alignment off every time you pause. Whichever is better (judgment call).

Also, if DPS is a concern, make sure you're not tasked with anything extra like being in the rotation to take the beams. Also, if you can do it, be in the front maze. Being in the outer maze hurts pretty badly for being able to cast. Trust me, I know :)

I don't personally like the idea of cat form.

I forgot about lunar showers. I was assuming it was a dps loss to refresh your dots that often while moving. Wasn't sure. Good call.