Vlad

awesome Icy Veins Class Guides Just Got Better

9 posts in this topic

Created an account just to congratulate you all on such a great resource.

I've been playing WoW since its inception and have characters in all classes. When I haven't played a class in a while, I come here to refresh myself on build, stats, rotation, etc. so I don't make a fool of myself the next time I queue. Posted Image

Your class guides are exceptional, and cut to the chase on what I should be focusing on when playing a particular class. I used to go to Elitist Jerks and the website forums. While they too have valuable information, I spend way too much time gleaning through arcane discussions (EJ) and long threads of mostly irrelevant commentary (forums).

Icy Veins guides are short, sweet, and to the point. Well done!!

2 people like this

I'm quite interested in seeing if the new fury guide is any good since the last one was, frankly, crap. Not an inditement as much as a reality. I'll check over it for sure!

Edited by Darkfriend

I'm quite interested in seeing if the new fury guide is any good since the last one was, frankly, crap. Not an inditement as much as a reality. I'll check over it for sure!

What do you think of the updated version?

Our former 10-man reviewer for Holy Paladin disappeared, so we will have Smirk from Paragon review it instead.

I'll take a look right now and let ya know!

Ok it still has some key problems. For one, the CS phase combo is wrong on a number of very key points.

One: The CS combo actually starts with the BT before a CS. You bank 1 RB blow before this starts, so you have 4 possible ways to proc the 2 extra RBs you need (1x BT before, 1 CS, 1 BT after, brage.) So the rotation for a CS phase is this: BT-CS-RB-BT-RB-RB. This means you delay CS and use every 21.5 seconds or 22.5 seconds to line up with BT on a 4.5 second CD. You should never aim for 2x BT in a CS phase. If the BT before the CS doesn't crit and you're lower rage (below 80) wait an extra 4.5 seconds and try again UNLESS the RB proc you have banked is going to drop.

THUS, with the number in parenthesis being RB charges after the ability is cast, the ideal situation is as follows: (1)-BT(2)-CS(2)-RB(1)-BT(2)-RB(1)-RB(0)-BT(1)-back into normal rotation.

Another note is that since you're not hitting CS exactly ever 20 seconds, you're 3rd BB should be delayed, although not more than 10 seconds (generally I need to wait 6 seconds for mine to realign on the 3rd CS.) Still make sure you don't DR during a CS.

The setup for the guide is kind of weird too. You don't handle fury as "No CS" and "CS" phases. You handle it as "preparing for CS" and "Pre-CS-CS-After" with the later being between 5 and 8 GCDs long. (remember, you can NEVER save the RB charge if the BT immediatly after CS debuff drops crits, so you're better off just spending it right away.)

Oh, another thing. WS>HS for damage, but HS wins if you don't have the GCD and need to prevent rage cap OR during a CS, where you want at least 3.

Finally, you never use cleave. Ever.

So it seems better, but it still needs a lot of work before I start referring people back here instead of just having them come directly me to.

Edited by Darkfriend

Congratulations on enlisting the help of so many talented players! Going to read asap

1 person likes this

I updated the links for a few players who changed guild since we originally wrote this post. I also added Evrelia as a Warlock reviewer.