FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Czaan

Returning for LEGION

Im coming back to WOW for Legion.  I have been gone since basically lvling to 100.  What do I need to know to get caught up?  What spec will be best for PVE DMG?  Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone! 

What do I need to know to get caught up? 

Mid Alpha, not much information is worth knowing since all of it is still changing. Only 2/3 specs are even on the alpha atm.

What spec will be best for PVE DMG?

We have no idea, only 2/3 of the specs are even playable and zero tuning has started.

Play what you enjoy the most not what people tell you is the highest DPS class or you might stop playing again as soon as you hit 110.

If he asked, it should be assumed he wants to know and not just given the stock casual answer.

Play what you enjoy the most not what people tell you is the highest DPS class or you might stop playing again as soon as you hit 110.

If he asked, it should be assumed he wants to know and not just given the stock casual answer.

I appreciate the info.  What is the current top DPS for raids as far as Warlock is concerned? 

I appreciate the info.  What is the current top DPS for raids as far as Warlock is concerned? 

On live? Destro provides the highest single target assuming proper gear but you can't go wrong as affliction. I recommend affliction as it's less gear dependant and provides amazing burst and sustained. Demonology is a bit lacking but totally viable if you want to play it. 

Affliction will be the best by a long shot until you get into HFC gear and grab the archi trinket.

As for affliction: I strongly recommend taking SB:haunt, grim supremacy, soul link/sacpac. The slight boost to drain soul isn't really worth the survivability loss of grimsac and while the doomguard talent is better at lower ilvs you're better off practicing SB:haunt while gearing.

As for destro you're pretty much locked into grimsac and charred remains. If you've played destro in the past the new rotation will take some getting used to.

Demonbolt is a fun change to demonology's playstyle but the double doomguard bonus of grim service is downright amazing for burst and lines up with darksoul.

As for leveling I recommend going affliction as they're nigh indestructible with proper talents and glyphs and can just multi dot EVERYTHING. (glyphed drain life + harvest life + soul consumption glyph will keep you over 70% hp regardless of enemy count, Taking soul link and grim sac gives you +20% hp and 3%/3sec health recovery.)

For raiding at all ilvs I would recommend just sticking to Aff.

On live? Destro provides the highest single target assuming proper gear

This is incorrect. Affliction is our best spec for 1-3 long-lived targets. Destro is better at 4+ targets and dealing with add mechanics.

As for Affliction talents, Grimoire of Sacrifice is best in nearly every scenario. Grimoire of Supremacy can be argued for Hellfire High Council, but some (specifically Astro's guide over at MMO-Champ) recommend Sacrifice for that fight as well.

On live? Destro provides the highest single target assuming proper gear but you can't go wrong as affliction. I recommend affliction as it's less gear dependant and provides amazing burst and sustained. Demonology is a bit lacking but totally viable if you want to play it. 

Affliction will be the best by a long shot until you get into HFC gear and grab the archi trinket.

As for affliction: I strongly recommend taking SB:haunt, grim supremacy, soul link/sacpac. The slight boost to drain soul isn't really worth the survivability loss of grimsac and while the doomguard talent is better at lower ilvs you're better off practicing SB:haunt while gearing.

As for destro you're pretty much locked into grimsac and charred remains. If you've played destro in the past the new rotation will take some getting used to.

Demonbolt is a fun change to demonology's playstyle but the double doomguard bonus of grim service is downright amazing for burst and lines up with darksoul.

As for leveling I recommend going affliction as they're nigh indestructible with proper talents and glyphs and can just multi dot EVERYTHING. (glyphed drain life + harvest life + soul consumption glyph will keep you over 70% hp regardless of enemy count, Taking soul link and grim sac gives you +20% hp and 3%/3sec health recovery.)

For raiding at all ilvs I would recommend just sticking to Aff.

Affliction only shines on multi dot fights or fast kills i.e. farm.

Destruction is by far the better spec when progressing or doing slow kills e.g. LFR / PuGs

What are you basing your information on?

WOW! LOL I appreciate the info. I want to push progression in Legion.  SO i guess i just need a definitive BEST spec for raiding.

WOW! LOL I appreciate the info. I want to push progression in Legion.  SO i guess i just need a definitive BEST spec for raiding.

Legion isn't stable enough yet to give a definite X spec will be best in Legion.  A) It's still in alpha.  B) Destro isn't even available still. And C) No meaningful number tuning has occurred.

Legion isn't stable enough yet to give a definite X spec will be best in Legion.  A) It's still in alpha.  cool.png Destro isn't even available still. And C) No meaningful number tuning has occurred.

Let me clarify. BEST spec for raiding based off current raids.  Thats the best info I can go into it with really.  

Its been answered about 3 times now, but again:

Legion - we have no idea what will be best. There is zero useful information out right now since it is mid alpha and not even all three specs are playable yet.

Current content destro is best overall, Aff is good for short fights or lots of multidot. You'll use destro a lot more then aff though until you're on farm.

I think what you are missing Czaan is that the class is changing at an extreme level for Legion. There is no way of telling how things will be there til things start to get more ironed out.

Its been answered about 3 times now, but again:

Legion - we have no idea what will be best. There is zero useful information out right now since it is mid alpha and not even all three specs are playable yet.

Current content destro is best overall, Aff is good for short fights or lots of multidot. You'll use destro a lot more then aff though until you're on farm.

What I have heard is several different answers.  

I gave the "stock casual answer" because its the only answer worth giving, due to legion's alpha state, any argument concerning what is going to be the highest DPS class is pointless at this stage.

Theory crafting website, asking for a theory crafting answer, from theory crafting experts. Granted the answer is "we have no answer right now" but that doesn't make the answer useless.

"do what you want" just ignores his question entirely.

Hey there, my comment is totally off topic, but i was wondering, what is your reason for coming back to Legion? 

Because I can. Its a new xpac.  Why not try it out?