FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cakestoph

Haste Cap - is the guide right?

Hey Guys,

the guide says i should reach a haste of 3858 to reach haste of 50 %. I nearly reached it (3823) but I only have 42 % haste. Was this changed since the guide was released or did i make a mistake.

plx help :)

best regards

As far as i know 1% of haste requires 90 rating so 3858 is 42,87%. Raid buff gives you 5% which leads to 47,87% total. So it's a good question.

But since there is no reforging now i think you can really just get to 50% as close as you can (but not more than that) and just not worry.

Edited by ForumWarrior

As far as i know 1% of haste requires 90 rating so 3858 is 42,87%. Raid buff gives you 5% which leads to 47,87% total. So it's a really good question.

But since there is no reforging and you will never have exactly how much you want (unless you're very lucky) than you can just get to 50% as close as you can (but not more) and not worry.

Mmm, not quite.  Haste buffs stack multiplicatively, so in order to reach 50% haste you would look at the following:

1.50 (50% haste) = (1+x (where x is your haste % on gear)) * 1.05 (raid buff) -> 1.50/1.05 = 1+x -> x = 1.5/1.05-1 = 0.4286, or 42.86% haste, which at 90 rating per 1%, gives 3857.14 rating needed.

• Like 1

As far as i know 1% of haste requires 90 rating so 3858 is 42,87%. Raid buff gives you 5% which leads to 47,87% total. So it's a really good question.

But since there is no reforging and you will never have exactly how much you want (unless you're very lucky) than you can just get to 50% as close as you can (but not more) and not worry.

Mmm, not quite.  Haste buffs stack multiplicatively, so in order to reach 50% haste you would look at the following:

1.50 (50% haste) = (1+x (where x is your haste % on gear)) * 1.05 (raid buff) -> 1.50/1.05 = 1+x -> x = 1.5/1.05-1 = 0.4286, or 42.86% haste, which at 90 rating per 1%, gives 3857.14 rating needed.

That is one thing i always hated about wow tooltips. They are never obvious to understand since in this example for instance when stats are percentages you never can be sure would a percent buff multiply a stat or be added to it. 

It i have a stat of 15% and buff of 5% i can never know for sure having no other sources of info other than tooltip whether this 5% mean a percentage increase or the value itself. It often pisses me off. This happens because often term "Haste" implies percentage and "Haste rating" implies numeric value.

I thought about if when commented this post but was too lazy to calculate. My bad, thanks.

Edited by ForumWarrior
  • Like 1

Seems to me that mastery is a passive buff (improved block) while haste improves active attacks and mitigation. I am a very active player - typically first or second in "Activity" on recount even if I'm not tops in any other category smile.png - but I find with prot pally there are still more useful actions available at any given moment than I have manual dexterity to use. Right now I am at 2993 haste (33.26%). I am wondering about the usefulness of going any higher? Icy Veins says I want 3858 for 50% haste, but doesn't that just mean I'll get to click some abilities more often while never getting to others? More Avenger Strikes but fewer Judgments, or vice versa? Then there's SoR, AS procs, plus Sacred Shield and Consecrate to keep up... I love how little downtime we have, but I'm wondering if lowering GCDs is really as useful as improving passive blocks (mastery) when I could just click my next best option instead?

2 hours ago, DarklingThrush said:

Seems to me that mastery is a passive buff (improved block) while haste improves active attacks and mitigation. I am a very active player - typically first or second in "Activity" on recount even if I'm not tops in any other category smile.png - but I find with prot pally there are still more useful actions available at any given moment than I have manual dexterity to use. Right now I am at 2993 haste (33.26%). I am wondering about the usefulness of going any higher? Icy Veins says I want 3858 for 50% haste, but doesn't that just mean I'll get to click some abilities more often while never getting to others? More Avenger Strikes but fewer Judgments, or vice versa? Then there's SoR, AS procs, plus Sacred Shield and Consecrate to keep up... I love how little downtime we have, but I'm wondering if lowering GCDs is really as useful as improving passive blocks (mastery) when I could just click my next best option instead?

First of all i never heard the term "passive block" and avenger strike, so i can't really understand what you mean.

Mastery improves block chance, damage reduction of SotR and healing increase of BoG while haste decreases GCD and CD of your primary abilities thus increasing your Holy Power generating which leads to increasing uptime of SotR.

Simply saying mastery makes your active mitigation stronger and haste makes you able to use it more often. So the choice here is to be more protected for a short time (mastery) or less protected for more time.(haste). and you'll still use the same skills when stacking haste but you'll be using them faster. So haste to that point is very good, more SotR's, more bastion, more damage and thus threat. More of that it's mastery that makes you use Avenger's Shields more often than other skills since it increases block chance which directly leads to more procs of Grand Crusader.

p.s. Looking "activity" tab in recout is not even funny.

Edited by ForumWarrior

I don't think the guide is right about Execution Sentence either. It says that the Judgement debuff should be active when Execution Sentence hits, but I found on the PTR that the debuff appears to apply if it's up when you cast ES.

Just now, orangedog4 said:

I don't think the guide is right about Execution Sentence either. It says that the Judgement debuff should be active when Execution Sentence hits, but I found on the PTR that the debuff appears to apply if it's up when you cast ES.

1. You are wrong.

2. This thread is about WoD.

• Like 1