FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tikiliki

Good Raiding Server Help

So I will be coming back to WoW this summer when I get my new computer. I am currently on Lightnings Blade server and from what I here it is just dead.... So I will be needing to find a new server when the time comes and I will be bringing along 4 characters. If someone could give me and idea or some recommendations I would appreciate it. I will also be re rolling as alliance completely if that helps.

Edited by Tikiliki

You probably won't be able to find a guild right away since you are only lvl 85 and you are very behind in gear, so you have two options:

1)

level up and gear up on your current server, and once you hit a respectable gear lvl and are ready to start raiding you can use the guild recruitment forums and find a guild and just go to the server with the guild you want to join based on the ones that responded to you.

2)

go here: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us and choose your realm based on pve rank and realm population. Keep in mind that the servers at the very top are generally very populated. Also you say you want to be alliance, so be sure to look at the horde/alliance ratio, which is also listed on that page.

• Like 1

Stormrage is 99% alliance, currently the highest population server in the world, and the highest alliance dominated server for overall raid progression.

You'll run into queue's occasionally, but it's mostly only on the major raid nights Tu-Thur around 8-9pm EST. I've never run into a queue outside those times.

Also it's extremely easy to pug old content to help gear up, and you can even pug most of normal ToT now once you can get your ilvl high enough to get an invite to groups.

Edited by Storm

I have seen a lot of my offserver friends move to stormrage or sargeras. I think those would be your two best bet.

I appreciate the comments! One question about stormrage though is their problems when farming for mats (mining,herbalism etc)? Otherwise a decent medium population server or not overly high population.

I've never had a problem farming herbs/ore, but I also don't usually have time to spend hours doing it. I actually just dropped mining on my main, but I used to see them all over the place on the map though when I was flying around, I just usually don't bother stopping for them.

Edited by Storm
  • Like 2