FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tarazet

Dancing Steel vs. River Song

I have two 502 Darkwood Spiritstaffs. I'm tanking with one currently and it's enchanted with Windsong, which is OK since it gives a crit proc. The other one is just sitting in my bank waiting for me to figure out how I want to use it. According to Must Tova, Dancing Steel and River Song are pretty close to one another, but I already have two trinkets that come with massive Agility procs that dwarf DS. Whereas River Song with its 4 RPPM might be substantial enough at boosting dodginess to actually save my life on numerous occasions.

Any thoughts?

Well, as this is a staff, i assume ur either a druid or a monk. That way Dancing steel is a better way to go, as 1650 Agi is stronger than 1650 of dodge. Even if we assume that River Song procs twice as much as Dancing steel, it'll still be a little bit better, and with a slightly above 2 RPPM its a better way to go, but also costs a little more. The difference isnt to huge, but if ur trying to minmax everything, go for Dancing Steel.

- Horcored

It would really depend on the fight. Some will require more dodge and some require more rage gen.

For a basic answer, the rage gen (dancing steel) will win out 80% of the time.

• Like 1

If you can afford it, chant one with DS and the other with RS. If not, take into consideration the fact that DS provides you with damage and survivability, while RS will only give survivability. They both provide roughly equal survivability, so you don't need to worry that you're taking excessive damage in order to do more.

• Like 1