FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damian

Selling Accounts

I apologise in advance if this topic is against this sites rules.

I've been playing wow for 3 years now and have acrued 6 level 90 characters and a few other lower level characters. I've decided that this game is taking too much of my time and I've become unsatisfied with how easy Blizzard have made the game. Therefore, I wanted to sell my account to get something back for all the time I've invested over the years. However, I've read that selling accounts is against Blizzard's terms and can get the account banned. Don't know what to do. There seems to be lots of web sites offering to buy accounts but I suspect most of them will steal your account and fund gold selling.

What do you guys think? Should I just walk away or try one of these account buying sites, if so which one? Posted Image

Cheers

Edited by Damian

People pay for level 90 toons? You can make them in 4 days or less, depending on the situation.

Edited by omicron

Just delete all the characters on your account and contact Blizzard to close the membership and the account. Problem solved. Posted Image Only way to do it without getting banned and breaking the rules.

Edited by Auyssaelre

Thought about it some more last night and have just decided to cancel my monthly subscription. If I change my mind I can always come back to the game.

That's the sensible thing to do Damian. I deleted my whole account back in TBC, and I regretted it when I came back to play again. :)

I took a break between the middle of WotLK and the start of Mists and I was very happy to have my account still in place. I know others who have taken breaks for weeks, months and even years and came back. Enjoy the hiatus and come back whenever, refreshed and ready.

Do NOT EVER deal with gold selling sites. There are too many ways to screw you over here, let alone how illegal it is. Your account is not 'yours' persay, so selling it and leaving a record of you selling it will get you into some trouble. This is all before the gold-sellers get ahold of your account.

4 years ago, I had a lady tell me to quit WoW or quit her and I chose incorrectly. Since I decided to give up WoW, I tried to sell it. Once you give your account info over, see ya. Granted, this was likely foolish, but given where I am now, if I quit, I'd either leave my account incase there was a 1% chance I wanted to return or I would delete everything and quit cold turkey.

Before you quit, if you REALLY want to deter yourself from coming back but can't find yourself to type "delete" in that dreaded field, here's what you do...

1) Log onto each character, sell everything. Sell valuable things at ridiculously discounted prices in trade chat and vendor all of your gear. Weapons, armor, bank items, all of it.

2) Give all of the gold you just collected to a random person in town. This usually gives you the satisfaction of doing something nice to someone who enjoys the game while really helping someone else out. This also makes it VERY hard to get back.

3) Rinse and repeat for every character.

Replace Step 2 with a friend, but make sure they're not just like 'OMG YOURE QUITTING GIMME GIMME GIMME.' Usually the friend deserving of this going away gold is someone reluctant to take it.

Doing this will make it VERY difficult to get back into the game if you come back and log in one day. It'll be enough to deter you. If you come back and decide to get back into it, then you'll have a challenge set out for you and it'll likely light the fire in you without making you relevel a character.

Whatever you do, do not give your account to those grubby account hackers. They'll make money off of your work and will use your account to scam someone else.

If you spent a lot of time doing that and for just one reason you want to sell it, it's not worth. If I were you can give that account to your friends, son or relatives as a present.