FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
unfvck

My subtlety rogue low DPS

Hello guys,

I'm pretty new to world of warcraft, and i want to ask about the rogue sub DPS. as i read in icyveins guide on sub rogue, and i think i did the rotation right but when i ask people they said that my dps is consider low for a sub rogue with 705ilvl at the moment. it is written in recount that my dps is between 25-30k for now on a training dummy in Stormshield. i want to ask you guys if my rotation is correct or not. i'll provide my logs and my armory.

my logs: 1. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tATwqWydn7RzQhLD/#type=damage-done&view=timeline
                2. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CycKjpAtdVWhZMwD/#type=summary&source=1

i did 2 combat log to make it more clear on my rotation and maybe to make it easier to find what is wrong with my rotation.

my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Unfvck/simple

Thanks guys :), i appreciate every comments and suggestions and helps .

Edited by unfvck
adding another content (combat logs)

Hey man,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll have a look through this tomorrow after work, so tomorrow (Tuesday) evening you'll have an answer

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

Hey man,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll have a look through this tomorrow after work, so tomorrow (Tuesday) evening you'll have an answer

I look forward to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot :)

While I'm no Carrn (and he doesn't pop up), I'll try helping you some:

You don't have 2 or 4pc, so you should be using Garrote in your opener. Saves 1 GCD and applies dmg buff and armor debuff. That is a huge increase in your damage, watch for that. (you're not doing in your opener)

Second, you should be SDancing + SReflection at the start, that's when you have most of your buffs up. Try to copy the entirety of your SDance and an eventual Rupture you might cast (5CP) so you can have more damage rolling in. I do not remember (Carrn can correct me) but I think your shadow won't copy the buffs, so don't worry copying the Garrote in it. The way you're doing makes you become energy starved real quick and puts you in a downtime where you should be the most active (pot, buffs, trinket, CDs)

Since you don't have tier pieces, use Vanish after Find Weakness drops (or right before it happens) so you can keep teh debuff up. Try to pool some energy for it, since it works as a mini SDance. Once you get at least 2 pieces, Vanish usage gets different (solely for damage dealing, we discuss this in another time :P) First GCD free you have, use Preparation. Rinse and repeat; pool energy then Vanish.

Other than that it's buff management. Never let Rupture drop, never let SnD drop... And you'll see some increase. =)

Edited by lipsinch
Because now they bust you if you edit. zzz

Hi lipsinch, first of all thank you for your long explanation that makes me understand, i'll try to do like you mention above and post the logs again, i know that sometimes i messed up the rupture and SnD and let them both drop. But now i downloaded the addons for it. By the way for ilvl 705 and correct rotation etc, how much dps can i produce? 

This I cannot answer because it's been a while I don't play and I have no idea on how that translates into damage. I cannot even compare your damage and mine because we got different pieces (I got tier, trinket and legendary ring) that represents a huge burst on damage.

Carrn might be better suited to answer that for you. =)

Sorry I had to worry really late tonight. 11 hour days are killer.

Lip gave you good information there, so I won't repeat it.

I simmed you at just over 36k, which is basically you in a raid group DPSing with no mechanics to avoid. In any real raid encounter your dps is guaranteed to be lower than that.

What people are probably looking at is your actual item level without taking into account that you lack set bonuses, which are a HUGE increase to your damage.