FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ogrian

Resto and Enhancement

So I'm looking to play leigon as a resto shaman, but I don't think it would be very efficient to level up as one so I'll probably choose Enhancement.

My question is, how easy is it to switch between the 2 gear wise? Will most armour have the ability to switch between int and agi? The fact that there aren't any weapons would make this easier I assume?

It's extremely easy now. Jewelry doesn't have a main stat in Legion and you always use the Artifact weapon. All the armor pieces change the main stat when you switch spec.

So, it's only trinkets I believe - really not a problem during leveling especially if you have the heirloom dps trinket.

What level is your shaman at now?  Are you starting fresh or is it at 100?  If you are starting fresh, go with Resto once you hit 15.  So much easier to get into dungeons as a healer, same could be said with running dungeons in Legion too.  If you are going to quest then enhance all the way.  You should smash through mobs and still have that nice heal with Healing Surge when needed.  Trinkets should be the only gear that you will have to specifically change your loot spec to get or depending what happens with professions and the creation of trinkets.  (I have not looked too much into how the professions will work in Legion).  If you are worried about trinkets and how gear translates between Resto and Enhance, level as Elemental.   

On 2016-08-18 at 11:49 AM, Ogrian said:

So I'm looking to play leigon as a resto shaman, but I don't think it would be very efficient to level up as one so I'll probably choose Enhancement.

That makes me think...

Is artifact power given on quest reward? From what I read, people should focus on 1 artifact weapon and you get artifact power during the leveling from 100 to 110. So is it really efficient to makes the leveling in an other spec from the spec that you want to play for end game content?

2 hours ago, Kirr said:

That makes me think...

Is artifact power given on quest reward? From what I read, people should focus on 1 artifact weapon and you get artifact power during the leveling from 100 to 110. So is it really efficient to makes the leveling in an other spec from the spec that you want to play for end game content?

Questing is one of many ways to gain Artifact Power.  When you get an item that will "grant" Artifact Power it goes to your currently equipped weapon.  For example, if I'm leveling as Enhance but I want to power my Resto Artifact Weapon, I have to equip that weapon and then "grant" the Artifact Power to power my Resto Artifact Weapon.  That's really the basics of it, but if you want to know more about Artifact Weapons, Artifact Power, Artifact Traits, and Artifact Knowledge the WowHead Guide is pretty helpful.  http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/artifact-weapons

12 hours ago, Kirr said:

That makes me think...

The artifact power you get during leveling is an extremely small amount. Let's say, it's something like 15-20K and this amount you will get on lvl110 just from one weekly quest, especially with the Research ability.

Just to show the numbers: the first 13 Artifact traits cost between 100 and 1000 AP, while let's say 19th trait costs 24K and 26th - 138K.

So, yes, it is fast and efficient to level 100-110 in dps spec and upgrade a bit your off-spec Artifact. When you will feel comfortable with the dps, save/use the AP on your main spec artifact - it all comes in a consumable 'tokens'.

Hey guys,

please i need your help. I have started in Legion as Ele and i am now 103 lvl, iam playing like ele and ive taken allready my ele, resto, and ench weapons,(i was surprise that i could taken all 3??) where in spend some Articarfts for the elemental.

Iam thinking to continue playing and switch to Enchachment and like second resto, you think i wil be easliy doing that ? is it possible? cause i allready have some gear with intellect and like ench i should need agility!!

What do you suggest, i would love to see your suggetsions.To be honest i havent tried to change to ench cause i have allready elemental and resto spec and i dont know if it is possible as iam away fm home in order to try it, for time being.

I would very much appreciate your advices, sorry if iam asking stupid things, but even thoughi would like to know that!!:):)

Thanks a lot in advance guys!!! and farewell !!!

19 hours ago, Manou said:

cause i allready have some gear with intellect and like ench i should need agility!!

Main stat on gear now switch depending on your spec so if it's shaman gear, you should have no problem switching spec. Trinkets, ring and neck don't have main stats anymore if I remember correctly.

Thanks a lot Kirr, checked that and i was surprised, changing spec stats changing also awesome!!!

This is very nice!! Love it!!

Thanks a lot

I've been doing the Enhancement main / Resto off spec thing, and if gear wasn't adaptive, it would have been a pain in the balls. You don't need weapons, but you do need 3 relics and 2 trinkets per spec. Also, the secondary stats are absolutely crucial because you can't reforge, jewelry has no main stat at all, and the scaling is ultra steep. It's easy to end up way off the mark by trying to use gear that isn't suitable for your spec.

I've been lucky in that most of my gear has come with Mastery on it, but finding the Haste and Mastery combo has been difficult. Critical Strike and Mastery was much more common, which means that my healing set isn't too shabby, but my DPS is not quite hitting the mark yet. I am at 8k Mastery and only 4k Haste. It still performs OK, but at item level 835 I expected better, and the reason is the secondary stats aren't ideal.

4 hours ago, Tarazet said:

I've been doing the Enhancement main / Resto off spec thing, and if gear wasn't adaptive, it would have been a pain in the balls. You don't need weapons, but you do need 3 relics and 2 trinkets per spec. Also, the secondary stats are absolutely crucial because you can't reforge, jewelry has no main stat at all, and the scaling is ultra steep. It's easy to end up way off the mark by trying to use gear that isn't suitable for your spec.

I've been lucky in that most of my gear has come with Mastery on it, but finding the Haste and Mastery combo has been difficult. Critical Strike and Mastery was much more common, which means that my healing set isn't too shabby, but my DPS is not quite hitting the mark yet. I am at 8k Mastery and only 4k Haste. It still performs OK, but at item level 835 I expected better, and the reason is the secondary stats aren't ideal.

I lvl'ed as Resto with my friend and his Prot Pala, and strangely enough, kept getting Mastery & Crit gear...and not Haste gear...somebody mixed us up, and swapped out our gear drops :-P

On 9/9/2016 at 0:37 PM, Givaldi said:

I lvl'ed as Resto with my friend and his Prot Pala, and strangely enough, kept getting Mastery & Crit gear...and not Haste gear...somebody mixed us up, and swapped out our gear drops :-P

Can confirm this: most of gear comes with Crit in addition to Mastery - annoying enough :-/

I'm maining resto with enh offspec.