Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoxMaccloud

What are your feelings for Warlocks in Legion?

5 posts in this topic

Personaly i no longer love warlocks.

I dont think they are fun anymore and here are my reasons

Why i wont play Warlock in Legion:

- clumsy gameplay mechanics : which will not be changed until next major updates, if we're lucky
- visual not being updated: aka Green Fire visuals
- lazy talents : taking baseline spells to go in our talents, while other classes got new ones
- unnecessary pruning : bye bye water walking warlock mount, bye bye Dark Soul
- ramp up time : in demonology for example, you have at least 14 seconds before STARTING doing your average damage
- aoe : Destruction was aoe king in Mop, now we have to gimp our solo damage to do aoe when others classes don't have to (hello to you fire mages)
- RNG ressource gathering : a secondary ressource, necessary to our dps rotation tied to RNG (except for Demono)
- RNG mastery : Chaos Bolt, Destruction's big hit spell, now hit like a wet noodle if you're not lucky
- ZERO communication from Blizzard : many of these problems have been said since Alpha and there have been zero response or explanation from Blizzard, hence people getting the feeling their feedback goes in the trash can.

So what do you guys think about warlocks in legion?

I'm liking lock a lot so far. I played lock way back, but never mained one before (always been a mage). But this expansion, I've decided to switch over to my lock because I'm having tons of fun. I don't really have much to compare to, though, because I quit near the start of WoD and haven't played a lock in ~4 years. So it's kinda like an entire new class to me. My only complaint is that ramp up time. I'm totally useless in fights under 30 seconds and nearly useless in AoE situations (been playing affli/demo so far). 

What I do enjoy is the feel of the class. I think demo/affli have a distinct style and I feel like I'm playing a warlock and not just a mage with shadow damage. Demo does feel a bit clunky and affli may benefit by changing up DoT/Life Drain 24/7. At the end of the day, I guess you gotta ask if you're having fun, as you stated at the beginning of the post, and I would have to say I do have fun almost solely for the reason that the play style FEELS like a warlock to me. Commanding hordes of demons to do my bidding feels very warlocky, as does throwing DoTs on everything and waiting for their health to drain away. 

Plus the artifact weapons look absolutely amazing. A skull that follows me around and talks to me? Yes, please.

Destro feels like I have half a kit, and the rest of the kit is in other talents I can't select. I think if I had 2 talent choices per row, Destro would feel great, but right now it seems like you're missing key abilities no matter what selections you make.

Not having access to basic tools like interrupts, stuns, or move speed increases without talent selections that trade off other key tools just makes it feel like you're not a full character.

Hello guys,

I`ve came back to the game after a mostly casual time in WoD only to find out pretty much what FoxMccloud said above is true ... 

• again and again Demonology got revamped and again feels off ... to me at least ...
  • destro used to be nice to play, fun, powerfull both single target and aoe now its close to crap, kinda the last from them 3 specs from what i see.
  • affliction ... my old warlock love feels useless because most of the things are not single target and having to gimp your spec to serve both st and aoe is quite silly ... asking frinds to wait so I can respec before bosses so I can perform in single target too not just on the trash up to a boss... FeelsBadMan ...

All is all I hope it improves ...

Cheers o/

Edited by vladMTL

I've had a warlock as my favorite since I started Wow right after the launch of BC. In BC I raided and was always top dps and warlock was also a strong solo-class. But since then I have hated everything that was done to the class.  I lvld up,  but raided/did everything else on my hunter.

But now I love warlock again!  Everything legion have offered so far is fun and the class is great to level and do dungeons with. At the moment I play as affliction because its so fast to quest with.   It seems to me as it is more possiblities to costomize the character now than  it has been in ages.  

Artifacts are the coolest in game! I love it. 

1 person likes this