FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neeli

Does the rotation change with UH wrist legendary?

Yesterday I got the wrist legendary off a boss drop as Unholy. Does this item change the rotation in any way? If it does I would like to hear in which ways.

1 hour ago, Neeli said:

Yesterday I got the wrist legendary off a boss drop as Unholy. Does this item change the rotation in any way? If it does I would like to hear in which ways.

Just my thoughts here, I'm sure @demonardvark will have much more insight.

I imagine Castigator is now a 100% pick and, due to it, your value of Crit must sky-rocket even further than it normally would. With the additional buff from the bracers, the ability to add so many Festering Wounds is most likely your priority.

Whether or not Crit now rises above Strength, I don't know, but I'm sure it's well clear of haste now.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Just my thoughts here, I'm sure @demonardvark will have much more insight.

I imagine Castigator is now a 100% pick and, due to it, your value of Crit must sky-rocket even further than it normally would. With the additional buff from the bracers, the ability to add so many Festering Wounds is most likely your priority.

Whether or not Crit now rises above Strength, I don't know, but I'm sure it's well clear of haste now.

Mostly correct. The wrists let you burst more of the wounds with each scourge strike. It's actually our BIS legendary so big grats on that. The rotation will not change substantially just more or less your priority list. So, based off Tegu's guide here he references if using castigator only scourge strike when you have at least 3 wounds up. With the legendary that number increases. There are some rng things to consider but for the new number I would say save scourge strike until 7-8 festering wounds. Simply because if the bracer was going to burst more you lose out on that damage. If it only pops say 4 of the wounds then you can quickly get back to 7-8 and try again. Of course with this the value of castigator is immeasurable and you will want to focus completely on crit. The other thing you may want to do is respect into infected claws, this just ensures you have a more constant flow of wounds to burst, since you are going to be popping them like crazy.

tldr; not a huge rotational change, you simply delay scourge strikes a little longer ie build up more festering wounds before popping them.  You will heavily invest in crit. It does surpass haste at a high enough percentage because festering crits will adds more wounds thus reducing the number of casts. In addition with Pestilent Pustules you will get a steady rune return as well. So, you shouldn't need to go out of your way to find haste gear or gems, 15 ish % should probably be enough. 

Just now, demonardvark said:

Mostly correct.

So like, where do I apply to be a DK mod? Since I know so much now. :D

3 minutes ago, Blainie said:

So like, where do I apply to be a DK mod? Since I know so much now. :D

lol i just whined to damien until he gave me the job. 400 inbox messages should do the trick :)

3 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

lol i just whined to damien until he gave me the job. 400 inbox messages should do the trick :)

You only sent 400? I've already sent 600!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, demonardvark said:

Mostly correct. The wrists let you burst more of the wounds with each scourge strike. It's actually our BIS legendary so big grats on that. The rotation will not change substantially just more or less your priority list. So, based off Tegu's guide here he references if using castigator only scourge strike when you have at least 3 wounds up. With the legendary that number increases. There are some rng things to consider but for the new number I would say save scourge strike until 7-8 festering wounds. Simply because if the bracer was going to burst more you lose out on that damage. If it only pops say 4 of the wounds then you can quickly get back to 7-8 and try again. Of course with this the value of castigator is immeasurable and you will want to focus completely on crit. The other thing you may want to do is respect into infected claws, this just ensures you have a more constant flow of wounds to burst, since you are going to be popping them like crazy.

tldr; not a huge rotational change, you simply delay scourge strikes a little longer ie build up more festering wounds before popping them.  You will heavily invest in crit. It does surpass haste at a high enough percentage because festering crits will adds more wounds thus reducing the number of casts. In addition with Pestilent Pustules you will get a steady rune return as well. So, you shouldn't need to go out of your way to find haste gear or gems, 15 ish % should probably be enough. 

I really appreciate your detailed reply. About infected claws, should I spec into it instead of Shadow Infusion?

17 minutes ago, Neeli said:

I really appreciate your detailed reply. About infected claws, should I spec into it instead of Shadow Infusion?

This is the explanation Tegu gives concerning this talent in the guide:

For both single target and AoE damage, we recommend using Shadow Infusion Icon Shadow Infusion. This talent also synergises well with your artifact weapon and its  Icon Eternal Agony trait. Infected Claws Icon Infected Claws is a good alternative to Shadow Infusion, and it works especially well with the The Instructor's Fourth Lesson Icon The Instructor's Fourth Lesson legendary. Keep in mind that Infected Claws might cause you to overcap your Festering Wound Icon Festering Wounds stacks, and this is something you need to look out for.

It sounds like IC is good with the legendary, as long as you watch your festering wounds closely.

Just now, Blainie said:

For both single target and AoE damage, we recommend using Shadow Infusion Icon Shadow Infusion. This talent also synergises well with your artifact weapon and its Icon Eternal Agony trait. Infected Claws Icon Infected Claws is a good alternative to Shadow Infusion, and it works especially well with the The Instructor's Fourth Lesson Icon The Instructor's Fourth Lesson legendary. Keep in mind that Infected Claws might cause you to overcap your Festering Wound Icon Festering Wounds stacks, and this is something you need to look out for.

It sounds like IC is good with the legendary, as long as you watch your festering wounds closely.

Okay thanks, I'll try it out.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

For both single target and AoE damage, we recommend using Shadow Infusion Icon Shadow Infusion. This talent also synergises well with your artifact weapon and its  Icon Eternal Agony trait. Infected Claws Icon Infected Claws is a good alternative to Shadow Infusion, and it works especially well with the The Instructor's Fourth Lesson Icon The Instructor's Fourth Lesson legendary. Keep in mind that Infected Claws might cause you to overcap your Festering Wound Icon Festering Wounds stacks, and this is something you need to look out for.

completely correct :)  The goal in using infected claws is to try and maximize the benefit of instructors lesson. however, per the guide, there is a big of a rng associate risk and you have to pay very close attention. However, it can yield higher number. CAN YIELD. CAN, AS IN POSSIBLY COULD

9 hours ago, demonardvark said:

completely correct :)  The goal in using infected claws is to try and maximize the benefit of instructors lesson. however, per the guide, there is a big of a rng associate risk and you have to pay very close attention. However, it can yield higher number. CAN YIELD. CAN, AS IN POSSIBLY COULD

Is the CAN due to human error or RNG?

16 hours ago, Blainie said:

Is the CAN due to human error or RNG?

rng, legendary burst 1-4 extra wounds, so if you have crap luck the dps gain is marginal, versus 4 extra being burst. why im sure mathematically 5-6 may actually be the best number to burn on because it will be the statistically most sounds. by delaying further if rngesus is good to you it would do more damage but i think sustained it will actually be 5-6 now.

• Like 1