FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Skroow

Infected Claws VS Shadow Infusion

Dear UH friends,

Is someone else using Infected claws instead of the shadow infusion ?

I feel a good synergy with the Scourge of Words procs. Same for the pull, when your strikes of scourge only put 6 stack of festering wounds and you can't use your Apocalypse because it's not worth, this little help from your butcher is like a god gift and make you win a lot of time/dps.

If you manage to not overcap the festerwing wounds, is the infected claws better for mythic dungeons ? 

Sorry for my bad English, did my best without google trad \0/.

Let me know if you tried/what you think.

Skroow.

I myself am a big fan of infected claws especially if you get  The Instructor's Fourth Lesson Icon The Instructor's Fourth Lesson . It has just amazing synergy with so much of the unholy dk's toolkit. The issue however, is you run the risk of over capping your stacks of festering wound. Now, this isn't a horrible problem but its a dps loss. So, you have to manage your wounds a lot better, plus with the legendary, the wounds need even further micro management.

shadow infusion though is very strong and has good synergy with the artifact weapon itself. so as a very crude guide point, i might say shadow infusion without legendary, infected claws with. However, this is for absolute max dps, going the min max route. I'm running mythics no problem with infected claws simply because the synergy with pestilent pustules is too good for me to give up right now.

So, you are fine running infected claws :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

I myself am a big fan of infected claws especially if you get  The Instructor's Fourth Lesson Icon The Instructor's Fourth Lesson . It has just amazing synergy with so much of the unholy dk's toolkit. The issue however, is you run the risk of over capping your stacks of festering wound. Now, this isn't a horrible problem but its a dps loss. So, you have to manage your wounds a lot better, plus with the legendary, the wounds need even further micro management.

shadow infusion though is very strong and has good synergy with the artifact weapon itself. so as a very crude guide point, i might say shadow infusion without legendary, infected claws with. However, this is for absolute max dps, going the min max route. I'm running mythics no problem with infected claws simply because the synergy with pestilent pustules is too good for me to give up right now.

So, you are fine running infected claws :)

I find that Blizzard have done a very good job with talents for unholy this time around. It seems like its possible to go with most talents, depening on playstyle. There are suboptimal and better choises, but in the end the difference between the talents are relativly minor unless you raid in world-class guilds.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zulgh said:

I find that Blizzard have done a very good job with talents for unholy this time around. It seems like its possible to go with most talents, depening on playstyle. There are suboptimal and better choises, but in the end the difference between the talents are relativly minor unless you raid in world-class guilds.

I couldn't agree more. Unholy specifically just has amazing synergy amongst its talents and various items. It makes the spec really fun again and makes every talent choice feel meaningful

• Like 1