FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dotzon

Unholy DK - trinkets

Hello fellow DK's!

I was just wondering about your thoughts of trinkets pre raid.

Right now im using horn of valor(HC, cuz im not lucky) and the PvP one which proqs for strength.

How do the darkmoon card fair? or which would you guys suggest is the best ones.

Thx!

Dotzon

11 hours ago, Dotzon said:

Hello fellow DK's!

I was just wondering about your thoughts of trinkets pre raid.

Right now im using horn of valor(HC, cuz im not lucky) and the PvP one which proqs for strength.

How do the darkmoon card fair? or which would you guys suggest is the best ones.

Thx!

Dotzon

I don't know how up to date this data is but it's the best I got for you. I got this info from Tegu who got it from  and . on twitter :) just giving credit because this isn't my work. 

trinkets 2.png

trinkets one.png

Alright,

altho i think the  [Vindictive Gladiator's Insignia of Victory]  should rank pretty high aswell tho. its quite alot of str on the proq!

Thanks m8!

On 9/17/2016 at 0:03 PM, Dotzon said:

Alright,

altho i think the  [Vindictive Gladiator's Insignia of Victory]  should rank pretty high aswell tho. its quite alot of str on the proq!

Thanks m8!

How often does it proc though?

The strength proc is decent however, the main default stat is versatility, and as far as beat stick trinkets go, there are those that are more powerful. So, its certainly not a terrible one, its just it has a lot of stiff competition. 

I have the Vindictive Gladiator's Insignia of Victory at ilvl 850 (chance to gain 3033 strength for 20s); I'll need to get the ppm for it.

I'd rank it above the infernal alchemist stone (ilvl 815); same basic idea, versatility but less strength and for less time (15s).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlesF said:

I have the Vindictive Gladiator's Insignia of Victory at ilvl 850 (chance to gain 3033 strength for 20s); I'll need to get the ppm for it.

I'd rank it above the infernal alchemist stone (ilvl 815); same basic idea, versatility but less strength and for less time (15s).

Fair enough, figured as much

This is out of curiosity since a guildie brought it up, but is the Gronntooth War Horn a potentially viable trinket choice against Demon bosses, due to the 10% damage increase proc?

Edited by tuvarkz

On 9/23/2016 at 3:33 AM, Letanda said:

Hey. Can anyone update this/perhaps make a new thread for BiS trinkets post-raid? Got a trinket from EN, but im not sure how it places

Best thing to do is just sim your character with the new trinket

I have a trinket question thats causing me to question what to use, if anyone can give me some insight it will be much appriciated.

Im currently using 845 eggshell and 845 chaos talisman, however i just got a 865 horn of valor (3,4k str on use, 2min cd). Should i stick with what i got or what do you guys think?

Armory link

56 minutes ago, Metabolic said:

I have a trinket question thats causing me to question what to use, if anyone can give me some insight it will be much appriciated.

Im currently using 845 eggshell and 845 chaos talisman, however i just got a 865 horn of valor (3,4k str on use, 2min cd). Should i stick with what i got or what do you guys think?

Armory link

oh good god man, equip that :D that's one of my favorite trinkets, it's a nice healthy dps boost. plus the ilvl is substantially higher. I would personally drop the chaos talisman, you are already over haste cap and if the loss of it drops you under your chrono shard procs will more then compensate. 

I haven't really read to much of this post, but basically BiS trinkets rank like this Any trinket with Strength + crit (within reason obviously ilvl matters more in most cases) but an 850 crit strength trinket currently beats out every trinket from EN unless 890 or higher. So look for static crit+strength and Ursocs trinket until buffed is actually only good for the strength literally the dot on it at 880 ilvl version only does sub 1% of my dmg. Natures call is fairly bad unless u can get it with a socket for even more static crit, then it becomes half way decent but still out puts less than a Strength crit trinket at 850.

TLDR: Crit strength trinket at 850 is better than just about any trinket currently.

On 9/28/2016 at 3:28 PM, Metabolic said:

Makes sense, thanks for your help and info, appriciate it.

Think the versatility scared me more than it should have :)

WoD really ruined people's perception of Versatility. We used to avoid Vers items like that plague outside of PvP, so people now think if it has Vers, it must be bad. Even if it's your lowest stat, a trinket like that still nails what you need, especially with a huge main stat proc.