Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bambam

I don't understand why my dps is so low

9 posts in this topic

Hello, its my first expansion as a hunter and I always played casual on the character, mostly as BM.

But now I would like to get the most out of it and as MM is the best option for raiding...

My hunter's armory: Bambî

Our logs from today's raid; for example Dragons of Nightmare

I try to do as the guide says, I know I make alot of mistakes. But when I pull up some other hunters logs, who do alot more dps as me I see that the numbers are so different. Most of the abilities they do hit harder and for example When it says cast 70 Aimed shots its also hits 70 times. With other hunters its like 70 casts and 125 hits. I don't understand where I go wrong or if my stats are bad, I see they have more crit. But I tried to work to Mastery/haste...

Could somebody help me to improve my hunter plz

 

Kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The aimed shot 'cast vs hit' difference is in the lvl 20 artifact talents. 

Edited by Thommo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For starters, your posture is very bad, straighten up for spine's sake!

In all seriousness, I am having the very same problem, and I have both the BM and MM weapons in the 850 range with about 17 or so of the connecting things.

I was MM up until the beginning of MoP and then followed the whole hunter community to BM and it has been hard to get back to MM. Now, I try both, and despite the gear, the weapon, and the fact I used to be at or near the top in DPS in my caliber stuff, aka LFR, Heroic Ds, and a smattering of current content regular, but now I am barely a blip.

I ran Thicket earlier for the World Dailey and a Demon Hunter, who had gear much lower than mine, did about 300k, I managed barely 160, and that was during bursts. These procs I hear about are very rare, very rare indeed.

Here I am in in BM, and what makes is worse is having the Justicar and over 100k Honorable Kills, to go along with my newfound nooberry: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Huntersson/advanced 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is your passive? I dont see it under buffs. should be used with true shot. Draenic Agility potions? Thats part of it. Deadly grace potions add 4 million in damage. Second in any add fight you should get a few more marked shot sin . Make sure you are targeting the add furthest away with sidewinders.

 

I was  a little low in this fight as well, but pulled 247 for the fight, I ended up with to much movement, and just did not get very many locknload procs below 20%. Plan your movement, use adds to keep Bullseye up.

 

But seriously use your racial, twice per fight. Best part of being orc or troll.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Bambam,

first of all I would like to advice you to use prepots / big agilty flasks, which will significantly boost your damage. (as Hozmer said pretty much)

The keypart when playing MM-Hunter is the positioning. Even if you maintain the rotation of your abilities perfectly, you'll lack damage if you don't position yourself correctly in the fight. This could be a damage-loss in your case, but I can't prove it without video footage.

The dragons in the emerald nightmare raid are a good example. Since you don't want to stack both debuffs at once, you'll always stick to one dragon for a certain time. During the encounter several mobs will spawn. Attacking the furthest add with sidewinders / barrage will do the trick. After enough stacks you rotate for example with "disengage" back to the 2. dragon. 

As you stated yourself, your rotation isn't optimal which may lead to ressource / cooldown problems. 

 

Hope this helps in a way,

Greetz - Shezhem

 

Edited by Shezhem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shezhem said:

Hello Bambam,

first of all I would like to advice you to use prepots / big agilty flasks, which will significantly boost your damage. (as Hozmer said pretty much)

The keypart when playing MM-Hunter is the positioning. Even if you maintain the rotation of your abilities perfectly, you'll lack damage if you don't position yourself correctly in the fight. This could be a damage-loss in your case, but I can't prove it without video footage.

The dragons in the emerald nightmare raid are a good example. Since you don't want to stack both debuffs at once, you'll always stick to one dragon for a certain time. During the encounter several mobs will spawn. Attacking the furthest add with sidewinders / barrage will do the trick. After enough stacks you rotate for example with "disengage" back to the 2. dragon. 

As you stated yourself, your rotation isn't optimal which may lead to ressource / cooldown problems. 

 

Hope this helps in a way,

Greetz - Shezhem

 

Additional information for you:

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/apzyxjGZHD7B4AKf/81422250/2

 

For more up-to-date information check the hunter discord

https://discord.gg/hdkyMre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DarkStar said:

For starters, your posture is very bad, straighten up for spine's sake!

In all seriousness, I am having the very same problem, and I have both the BM and MM weapons in the 850 range with about 17 or so of the connecting things.

I was MM up until the beginning of MoP and then followed the whole hunter community to BM and it has been hard to get back to MM. Now, I try both, and despite the gear, the weapon, and the fact I used to be at or near the top in DPS in my caliber stuff, aka LFR, Heroic Ds, and a smattering of current content regular, but now I am barely a blip.

I ran Thicket earlier for the World Dailey and a Demon Hunter, who had gear much lower than mine, did about 300k, I managed barely 160, and that was during bursts. These procs I hear about are very rare, very rare indeed.

Here I am in in BM, and what makes is worse is having the Justicar and over 100k Honorable Kills, to go along with my newfound nooberry: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/winterhoof/Huntersson/advanced 

Don't chase the DH, it's just a headache and impossible task I've tried every raid lol. They are going to get hit with some kind of nerf on Tuesday.  Do you have any logs posted? I've had luck ad BM , Ilvl 842 and doing around 200k per boss, was US 1 on eye boss for ilvl which most defiantly won't last but a few minutes lol, should have screenshot it. (Shinney)  160k is good for your traits. Deadly grace pot adds about 2 million damage done per use. They are grossly over priced on my server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cedrin said:

Don't chase the DH, it's just a headache and impossible task I've tried every raid lol. They are going to get hit with some kind of nerf on Tuesday.  Do you have any logs posted? I've had luck ad BM , Ilvl 842 and doing around 200k per boss, was US 1 on eye boss for ilvl which most defiantly won't last but a few minutes lol, should have screenshot it. (Shinney)  160k is good for your traits. Deadly grace pot adds about 2 million damage done per use. They are grossly over priced on my server. 

Cedrin,

I see you are in Kentucky, me too. I live in the Northern Kentucky Area.

At iLvl 855 I find myself in between 230-250k DPS. I only use the agility flask as I don't want to buy those expensive deadly grace potions or platters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is my kill last night at 850 I used dreanic pots and flasks. plus your itemized way better than me.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3XLD2FYZqw8VKzHk#fight=6&type=damage-done
 

looks to me like a combination of poor management of the vulnerable debuff and poor artifact trait selection. judging by your aimed shot damage id go to say you didn't pick up legacy of the windrunners golden dragon? also your windburst damage is really low. you realize that thing hits like a truck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.