FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Auyssaelre

How do I get the PTR to work on my computer?

I installed the PTR client for patch 5.3, did everything it told me and when the launcher came up it said some kind of error and I couldn't get on the PTR. I want to experience the 5.4 ptr which came live last night, and I hope it wont show me the error and the computer is Windows XP. I'm also confused about how to trace my druid onto the ptr. So I do need help on that. Also, I did hear a guildie say that they do have a website for the ptrs, but it's not owned by Blizzard. If anyone could paste the link that would be helpful.

If anyone has the same problems I would love to hear them.

Edited by Auyssaelre

I installed the PTR client for patch 5.3, did everything it told me and when the launcher came up it said some kind of error and I couldn't get on the PTR. I want to experience the 5.4 ptr which came live last night, and I hope it wont show me the error and the computer is Windows XP. I'm also confused about how to trace my druid onto the ptr. So I do need help on that. Also, I did hear a guildie say that they do have a website for the ptrs, but it's not owned by Blizzard. If anyone could paste the link that would be helpful.

If anyone has the same problems I would love to hear them.

You have make sure that PTR installs in a different folder than your regular client, because they will be the same. Otherwise I didn't have any issues installing it or running. Since it is PTR is may have issues not identified by Blizzard, so it can be up or down at different times without warning.

Transfer you just need to go to battle.net site, login to the account. Go the sub where you have your account, add the PTR to that sub, and at the bottom you will get a FREE realm transfer to the PTR for your druid.

Then you login to PTR client, and it should recognize your toon, from there you may need to change your name... since there is only 1 PTR

Edited by rjparker1