FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
venomcn

How to play Feral correctly

Hi Guys,

i'm new to posting on icy veins and also a returning player back to wow and just have a few questions i would like to ask to clear a few things up. I have been doing some reading on icy veins as well as other sites with a druid based community.

I understand that to maximise your DPS output you need to take SR which i have been doing so. In order to maximise the damage output of your bleed abilities Rip and Rake you should try to keep SR, TF and BT up during those period. I'm just a bit confused in terms of how to maintain BT up whenever i'm using Rip and would just like some clarification from experienced feral druid players.

From my understand is that SR should be used at 5 combo points and you get a 100% proc of BT when this occurs. Do you then try to use TF to try and build up to 4 combo point, use the charge on BT to use Shred in order to obtain the 5th combo point then use Rip and then use BT again to refresh Rake and MF. Is this is optimum method you should be using your BT procs as increasing your overall damage output?

The second part of the question is that if we are to use the above method and in the case that TF is on CD as well as well as not gaining multiple combo points from crits i may come into an issue where the BT proc may expire prior to me reaching a 5 combo point rip.

Just would like some feedback on how to correctly play a feral druid as i am new to the dps side of playing a druid cheers :)

For Bloodtalons, it applies to the full duration of the ability you use. This means you should build up enough combo points to allow yourself to then Healing Touch > Rake OR Ashamane's > Finisher.

For your second question, you're looking to activate the BT buff at 4 (if you're going to use Rake) or 2 (if you're going to use Ashamane) combo points, so you actually have bit more leeway with the timing.

Sorry for the late reply, was super busy so didn't see this!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

For Bloodtalons, it applies to the full duration of the ability you use. This means you should build up enough combo points to allow yourself to then Healing Touch > Rake OR Ashamane's > Finisher.

For your second question, you're looking to activate the BT buff at 4 (if you're going to use Rake) or 2 (if you're going to use Ashamane) combo points, so you actually have bit more leeway with the timing.

Sorry for the late reply, was super busy so didn't see this!

Thanks for the information, good to see there are people in the community to help and clear up some questions :)