Cevx

Mage trinkets atm

14 posts in this topic

So i as lucky to just got a legendary ,but i got the worst one.. The norgannon's foresight.

 

Problem is my trinket choices:

This is what i have right now to choice from:

Horn of Valor (865)

Eye of Skovald (850)

Corrupted Starlight (845)

Naraxa's Spiked Tongue (845 with socket)

Devilsaur Shock-Baton (830)

 

Wich one should i use ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to tell is to sim them, since their item levels differ. Still, just from my experience, I'd say that the best ones for ST should be the Shock Baton and the Spiked Tongue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post a link to your armoury if you do not know how to sim and I can do it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Post a link to your armoury if you do not know how to sim and I can do it for you.

Hello Blainie, how do you sim yourself ? In general it's in an excel right ? Do you have any links to that ?

I'm still interested if it's something different :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noboday said:

Hello Blainie, how do you sim yourself ? In general it's in an excel right ? Do you have any links to that ?

I'm still interested if it's something different :)

Normally just via SimulationCraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go by the Stat weights from the guide and multiply them by the stats your trinket gives (example crit is at 1.3 so 1.3x 853) get the Stat total for your item and compare it to the others.

As far as trinkets go though, the shock baton is awesome. I have an 830 socketed and i have yet to replace it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Woofikins said:

If you go by the Stat weights from the guide and multiply them by the stats your trinket gives (example crit is at 1.3 so 1.3x 853) get the Stat total for your item and compare it to the others.

As far as trinkets go though, the shock baton is awesome. I have an 830 socketed and i have yet to replace it

Yes, you are right. I can weight all stats and it will be about 3165 weight, but how can i compare this weight with shock baton proc for example?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure about that. You'd have to actually sim yourself to acount for the passive. I can say though that it will amount to a nice chunk of your total damage. Usually mine is about 3 to 5%. 

Edited by Woofikins
Stupid phone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Woofikins said:

I'm not sure about that. You'd have to actually simple to acount for the passive. I can say though that it will amount to a nice chunk of your total damage. Usually mine is about 3 to 5%. 

Yes, i understand this. For example, I have 850 ilvl Swarming Plaguehive, it gives me 932 haste if i`m not mistaken (  which is not that good priority stat on fire mage), but still it gives proc on 3-5% of total damage, so the question is: how i can measure the profit of this proc and compare it with 875 flat stats trinket from world boss? Which is better? I don`t have shock baton or trinket from Ilgynoth, but still, even with a crit, i don`t understand how to compare trinkets profit? if one has flat stats (i have both with flat stats), and another one has procs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Diehappy said:

how i can measure the profit of this proc and compare it with 875 flat stats trinket from world boss? Which is better? I don`t have shock baton or trinket from Ilgynoth, but still, even with a crit, i don`t understand how to compare trinkets profit? if one has flat stats (i have both with flat stats), and another one has procs.

Simulate your character now, then in the sim change the trinket out and sim again. That will give you the answer. Or you could go to askmrrobot.come and see, but I doubt it's entirely accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also particularly with fire mage, crit strike is a damage boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this from the Mage Discord channel:

Fire_T19H_Trinkets.PNG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.