FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ssakrend

guardian druid threat

Hi, 

First of all, i dont know if this has been discussed before here, i looked through the posts but didnt see anything or missed it, so sorry for that and if someone can redirect me would be nice :)

I am having a small issue with single target threat on dudu tank, as i rarely use maul during raids cause i need all the rage for iron fur and mark of ursol. There is no trouble with aoe, there is no trouble if constantly use maul either, is just that maybe there is something i am missing so i do not have to sacrifice rage during raids for maul. Putting taunt into my rotation isnt a solution either cause of the high frequency rate at witch tanks need to swap bosses in EN. I dont lose aggro to dps, but there were a couple of times when i lost it to my warrior co-tank, and comparatively to him my threat is terible.

Any opinion on this will be much appreciated :)

Hi there and welcome to the forums :)

Can you throw me a link to the armoury of yourself and your warrior partner?

I am experiencing the exact same issue. On trash I have no problem getting aggro but when doing a boss fight I struggle to keep it when tanking with either the DK or Warrior I'm normally paired with. I find I use my taunt and quite quickly lose aggro and have to taunt again to hold on to it. 

Likewise I dump all my rage into Ironfur, Mark or Regeneration. 

This is a blizzard end issue, druid abilities are just not producing the threat that they should be. Why? No idea. I also haven't seen anything from Blizzard saying they know it is a bug. Normally I would chock stuff like this up to the player sucking but the main tank for my guild is an old friend of mine and one of the best druids and best tanks in the world, she has been having major issues all raid with aggro. Several other top druids have said the same.

• Like 1

ok, so is good i am not the only one, means i am not just fucking it up like i thought. maybe later when the exp goes further and better items show up the behaviour will change too?

Thanks for picking this up Locky and sorry for not coming back to reply sooner!

It's likely that, if this continues, Druids will start tailoring builds to maximising damage I imagine. It should get fixed, but you never know.

thanks for replies guys, i really appreciate it, i guess i will have to make do with whatever i have and see where it ends.

hope this helps others who might have same uncertanty as me and didnt find answers anywhere else like me :)  

I have the same issues.  In order to hold threat a little better I had to sacrifice some survivability.  By all standards I have WAAAAYYYY to much haste and crit.  But, it's the only way I can even come close to hold aggro on over my DK co-tank.  Especially, if he uses a DPS pot at the pull.

My suggestions:

1. work with you healers to find out if you can let go of some survivability in exchange for damage

2. See if you can find the points in a fight where you will loose threat and plan for them either with a taunt or just accept a tank switch at that point and find a way to use it to your advantage.  (e.g. My co-tank and I use this issue to position Ursoc at the pull.)

Good luck and let's all hope this gets fixed soon...

yep yep, same here crit and haste and a lot of barganing with the healers :P 

we manage to work with it in the end but it annoys me so much, the point of being a tank is to keep the big guy on you and survive it, what happens when you lose that? a burdain to the healers and extra work to work around it  

23 hours ago, ssakrend said:

yep yep, same here crit and haste and a lot of barganing with the healers :P 

we manage to work with it in the end but it annoys me so much, the point of being a tank is to keep the big guy on you and survive it, what happens when you lose that? a burdain to the healers and extra work to work around it  

Hello hello ssakrend,

I was wondering if you had any logs available for an encounter in which you found yourself to be losing threat vs your co-tank.

Also I'm here to report that I haven't experienced any issues with my full crit build co-warrior tank throughout clearing mythic emerald nightmare but that does not mean there is no issue as I have seen both sides of this argument since the legion pre patch. 

Although It would be nice if our frenzied regeneration affected our threat output like heals do for other tanks.

--Oh and haste is our worst dps (and once you get gory fur it becomes slightly worse then crit for survival) stat so this may also slightly be affecting your threat issue vs your DK co-tank

Edited by untameable

Hi!

sorry, i didnt check forums lately, simply forgot

i might have over reacted a bit when i said that tho :) 

also i cant produce any loggs cause i cant even remember the last fight when i lost my threat towards him cause the last time we went into a raid was a few weeks back and guild disolved and havent been raiding since then. stats, yep, dont have the best, i wil try and fix that,i thought i was doing something but apparently i was failing :) 

Honestly the best workaround for this is to have the other tank stop dps while you are supposed to have aggro. There is always one tank that holds aggro better. That tank needs to ease up and let you have aggro when it's your turn to tank.

Add to that, if its your turn to tank that means the other tank doesn't need to hold back their energy for defensive abilities and can use them for more dps abilities enhancing their damage/threat even further. For example, you can freely use maul when you aren't tanking. If you can do so without pulling off threat from each other, it's fine, but if you cannot use these abilities without pulling threat from each other then don't. 

The damage a tank does in a raid setting is never worth messing up their role of tanking. If your co-tank is pulling threat off of you, they should stop attacking when it's your turn.