FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Glitterfart

IV v Mr.Robot

Hey folks

So basically IV has been my bible ever since it started up. Ive always mooched of you wonderful people knowing your stuff inside and out.

Then again, theres Ask Mr Robot; it really brings out the lazy side in me. Robot has alot of really nifty features that makes life comfortable when looking for what items to aim for next.

But to my point; from what I can tell Robot has different views on stats for affli than IV has. I.e IV promotes mastery while Robot has a boner for haste. I dont really fancy haste all that much mainly because of the implementing of partial ticks and so on, but its defo a strong seconday behind int/mastery.

Robot has the option to edit the stat-weight, but even though I did that I still dont trust Robot knows what best for me in terms of item-choices.

Basically; does anyone have any clear answer if Robot is completely out of whack and should be spat on?

On a sidenote, Im not entirely sure Im even playing my lock the most efficient, so if anyone would like to review my character and theese logs that would be lovely aswell :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Glitterfart/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y7Kkv4AG2mryH6dW/#type=damage-done&fight=2

I too noticed that AMR's stat weights (for destro at least) were very different than IV, so I got SimulationCraft (gotta remember to turn on stat weighting in the options) and simmed my character. The relative stat rankings agreed with IV.

AMR tends to run purely on simcraft and how to get the most damage on ST in a patchwork fight (Thus in the case of Aff, haste is highest) Icy-veins looks at what is most EFFECTIVE for DPS, since there is basically never any fight in WoW that is truly ST in a Patchwork fight our stats differ a bit from what AMR uses. Again in the case of Aff, mastery wins out in any real world fight due to multi dotting.