FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MythiZena

[Enh] EN question

I'm looking for the opinion of other enhancement players or someone who knows the spec well but in the EN raid I've noticed that my dps hovers from 180k-205k depending on the fight (no flask or pots, I've only done normal so far and don't need them there). On dummies it seems I can pull 230k over 5-6 minutes with lust but the problem I'm really concerned about is my DPS on Il'gynoth because I drop all the way down to 155k. So my question is... is it normal on that fight for enhancement shaman to pull lower dps than on other fights?

To me it seems like I have poor burst aoe during the blob part before I need to run out less I risk dying to all the explosions. Basically all I can manage is to run in and use crash lightning (talented) and maybe get one stormstrike cleave in before I need to run out. I just want to make sure I'm not making excuses for 'poor' dps on that fight.

So I dip down as well - but not that far.  I'm pulling 210+ easy on all the bosses aside from Il'gynoth.  I usually do right at or just below 200 for him on normal.

If you're not then I suggest specc'ing into the feral lunge ability for the fight, it'll help you jump between the mobs that are so heavily spread out sometimes.  You may want to watch the timers a bit and run towards the middle a second or two before adds may spawn.  Also - I've never run out of the explosions from the blobs.  They really don't do that much damamge and Astral Shift is always up whenever they're exploding so I just pop it and soak it up.  No big deal.

Just the opinion of a lowly shaman that does what he wants to the best of his ability.  GL out there!

I cannot really comment on too much because I don't know what your gear, talents, etc. is, but I personally pull around 300k on alnost all the fights (buffed up) aside from il'gynoth for obvious moving mechanics. The dip is just a side effect of needing to follow mechanics. I find feral lunge very helpful. Your dps doesn't really matter too much on the fight anyway as its not a general indicator on what you do inside on second phase again because of movement. As long as you are following mechanics and practicing your dps, when you get gear you will do better. Though I do honestly suggest food buff (I use pepper breath) at a min. 

The blobs don't explode too fast so just learn to be quick and efficient when moving and your ability to do more damage will go up as you get used to the timing of everything. Nothing to fret about. And even if you get caught in a couple nothing like a couple self heals can't fix.