FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

Guild rant

Twisted Dreams Silvermoon EU.

25 man raiding guild 2/13

I have to get this off my chest. Please ignore if you don't like incoherent ranting.

I was kicked out of my guild last night. Here's what happened.

Last week we were working on progression.

I raided Weds and Thurs helping to kill Heroic Jin 'rokh and Heroic Tortos. We then continued on to Primordius. All good so far.

I then login on Sunday eve, ready for the first night of progression on Iron Qon. But I'm left out of the group in favour of several new trial members. I ask why and I'm told that its because I can only attend 3/4 raid nights. I had committed to attend the three progression nights and miss the clean-up night.

Apparently tanks are now required for 4/4 nights (this was not a requirement when I joined and the GM just added it to the enjin page). Ok....I have a decent dps off -spec, should be no problem right?

But no, I'm still passed up for new trial members. For most of them it was their first night. When I complained I was told that there is easy answer. Yeah...they kick me. I did call them Joyless.

I am just amazed by the two faced bullshit. I thought I was part of a team. I'd helped these guys get down a new heroic boss for the first time (including several nights of wipe fests).

Ok, so they need a more committed tank.....not sure why as there are at least two other backup tanks available in the guild for the farm night. As I said, I had committed to the progression nights of weds, thurs and sun.

And using brand new ppl on the first night of progression on a heroic boss in favour of someone who contributed to the lockout? Disrespectful with a generous smattering of stupid.

Why not test out the new trials on the clean-up night or a new lock?

This guild had a high turnover. It's not hard to see why.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. No guild repairs. Not even for raiders contributing toward heroic progression.

Btw....tank/dps LF guild.

Guest WeeWilly

There is really no easy answer is there. Posted Image Good luck, for the future.

- weewilly

PS - was it the "Elder Gods of Silvermoon EU", who kicked you? If so, you might want to change your tag? Posted Image

• Like 1

Twisted Dreams Silvermoon EU.

25 man raiding guild 2/13

I have to get this off my chest. Please ignore if you don't like incoherent ranting.

This guild had a high turnover. It's not hard to see why.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. No guild repairs. Not even for raiders contributing toward heroic progression.

Btw....tank/dps LF guild.

Normally this would be TL;DR. But I did read it, and I have to say, I was on WoW for probably more than 50% of my play time WITHOUT membership to ANY Guild.

What you described is EXACTLY why I loathe them. You were right, they are wrong.. and you are better off.

Unfortunately Blizzard now has "perks", which is the ONLY reason I am in guilds now. They are run by idiots, even the ones that are not idiots allow themselves to be dictated and manipulated by idiots.

Immature, conceited, and no leadership experience, these are reasons why guilds FAIL!

You signed up 4/4 RAIDs, you should be able to participate 4/4 PERIOD, "new trials" have no bearing, those are when your guilds are LOW on people, otherwise they should tell people they are FULL!!

Edited by rjparker1
  • Like 1

For what its worth, From now on I will consider your old guild to be "scrubby".

however, I don't play on EU, so I'll never have any sort of interaction with any of them.

Edited by Storm
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear about your odd time. Let me assure you that it's not indicative of how all guilds behave. Some guilds - even very good guilds - are genuinely worth joining because they are good teams. I hope you find one of those places! :)

• Like 1

You're probably better off without them, although I can understand your frustration at being removed from the guild in such a fashion.

You know, I had this girlfriend once...she sucked. I didn't realize it at the time, but she sucked the life out of me, didn't make life fun, and was an all around drag to be a part of. She ended up doing things that made me break up with her and I thought life sucked. Then I met Danielle. Now life is awesome.

In relation to WoW, the last guild I was in had leadership that followed their desires, not the overall feel of the guild. 22/25 of us wanted to progress on a heroic boss while the management told us that we should leave if we didn't like listening to them as it wasn't a democracy. I took their advice. They are still 8/13H and I've been 13/13H for 2 weeks and enjoy my new guildmates.

They may never admit it, but they'll miss you. You dodged a bullet, bro.

• Like 2

They may never admit it, but they'll miss you. You dodged a bullet, bro.

Nicarlitos should rename his toon "Neo" ;P

• Like 1

I feel much better now...thanks all. Sad as it is, I was considering quitting wow.

Also making me feel better....

1) Getting invited back to the guild and being able to decline

2) Getting another 2 invites back to the guild.....and declining twice

3) I've looked up some old raiding buddies and I'm back in a 10 man with them. Working on Tortos, but each kill before that was much more fun and a whole lot more rewarding.

• Like 1

Totally glad to hear back from you, keep going with people you get on with :)

• Like 1

I must say I hate the whole thing as much as pretty much everyone above me does.

I love being in a guild, and contributing to a social and fun community in search of progression and the creation of bonds.

wich I have found multiple times over in my long years on this timeconsuming game.

yet since MoP, it's all different.

They are run by idiots, even the ones that are not idiots allow themselves to be dictated and manipulated by idiots.

This is the statement of the year. It might not be so for every guild out there, and some guilds are very honest about not being serious. wich is truly nice, cuz if these guilds were not there. it would be 100% male-cow-dropping guilds.

I managed to find a guild of people only speaking my language, who are flexibale and good folk. but I have not been so lucky before I found them.

You signed up 4/4 RAIDs, you should be able to participate 4/4 PERIOD

This is most definately true, I myself cannot be there all the time (due to my fathers changing schedule for each week) meaning I cannot play for three days out of ten. I told my guild about this, and they did not mind. I always make sure to sign up as NOT COMING because I also hate people that just dont sign at all.

As to the Trial players story. I do beleive that everyone should be given the oppurtunity to help out, and build experience. they should always seek it with a guild that is not full. if a guild is full and they truly want to still have trials, they should do this OUTSIDE RAIDING DAYS. Preferably on other raids just to get a look at skill, and DPS these players bring.

Shine

• Like 1

Guest WeeWilly

I know this is now almost a month old, but congrats on everything happening good for you guildless wise.  :D   Yes, that is the reason why I made my own 3 guilds and no one else is in them.  Of course guild progression is lacking when challenging other guilds for pvp, raiding and some other things, but hey, the only asshat is the guild leader... wait, thats me.  Never mind.   blink.png

Take care

Wee Willy and his alts