FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PriesthealerDraenor

[Holy Priest] Help me become better

(I'm a holy priest)

Hello, I'd like some help from someone who raids in the higher tiers of mythic raiding if possible.

I'm hoping for someone to tell me or hint me towards becoming a better player overall.

I'm in a fairly casual guild; we have killed 7/7N and 6/7HC and raid 2 times a week, 3 hours each time. Being in a casual guild does not mean I'm satisfied with where I am right now, I am always looking to improve. I review logs to be able to perform better for next time and what not.

What am I looking for exactly? I'm looking for someone to tell me what I need to do, which, in turn, should result in YOU thinking: This guy is a good healer, I would like him in my mythic progress raid.

I would just like to clarify; I am NOT looking for a new guild. I just want to improve to a point where a mythic raiding guild would want me in their roster.

PS: Any link or guide you think would help me is appreciated, now matter how small the increase in performance might be.

Bishòp from "When the stars are right" (Draenor-EU):

Logs 

Armory

I tried posting this on other sites, but either I was very unclear or didn't find anyone to help me. I was basically told: if you're a mythic raider someone will notice you and recruit you. - I do not want to leave my guild. Also, I do not think I am one, but I want to become one! Please help me get there.

I'm looking for help to improve to such a level that you as a mythic raider/officer/guild master would look at my application to your guild and consider it. What I do NOT want it to actually leave my current guild as I like it very much. I just want to improve as much as I can. If you can, please include what I can do, and what is just outright impossible without being in a mythic raiding guild such as gear, or certain mechanics etc requiring multiple people to perform at said level.  

Thank you for reading!

Edited by Pandacho
Edited to add links

Hello PriesthealerDraenor.

Without making this a wall of text.. why are you running with Guardian Angel? The Talent is pretty waste if the Angel dies.. and the spell itself is a "waste" if the angel doesnt die. Sure, 40% more healing but you only pop it once anyway :/ and there's better talents out there. I personally use Light of the Naaru = more Holy Words spells available and more Divinity uptime. Even Symbol of Hope could benefit more.

Also, you could cast more Smites. Smite cost 0 mana and it also procc Surge of Light. Taken a look at the logs, you have 1-2 cast(s) on most bosses. And the procc would help you since you seem to have low mana quite early compared to the fight. (though, 7min on Nythendra is quite long :p). Anyway, surely you've find time during an encounter when you do "nothing". It's not that hard to "squeeze" in a Smite =)

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I personally consider Renew a waste GCD. I personally only use it during heavy movement(s), it ain't as good as it used to be :/

Edited by Riesen

2 hours ago, Riesen said:

Hello PriesthealerDraenor.

Without making this a wall of text.. why are you running with Guardian Angel? The Talent is pretty waste if the Angel dies.. and the spell itself is a "waste" if the angel doesnt die. Sure, 40% more healing but you only pop it once anyway :/ and there's better talents out there. I personally use Light of the Naaru = more Holy Words spells available and more Divinity uptime. Even Symbol of Hope could benefit more.

Also, you could cast more Smites. Smite cost 0 mana and it also procc Surge of Light. Taken a look at the logs, you have 1-2 cast(s) on most bosses. And the procc would help you since you seem to have low mana quite early compared to the fight. (though, 7min on Nythendra is quite long :p). Anyway, surely you've find time during an encounter when you do "nothing". It's not that hard to "squeeze" in a Smite =)

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I personally consider Renew a waste GCD. I personally only use it during heavy movement(s), it ain't as good as it used to be :/

Thank you for the tips, I will keep this in mind!

Dunno if you'll read this but I'll just point out a few things

So looking through your logs I can see that you are definitely not using PoM(prayer of mending), Sanctify or Divine hymn near as much as you should. 

Usually what I do is I put PoM out on the tank whenever it's up and I use sanctify when the raid is taking damage and are fairly grouped. These moments should be fairly often so utilizing these spells more often shouldn't really be a problem.

As for divine hymn I usually use it as early as I can when the whole raid is taking damage. The earlier you use it the more divine hymns you can use per fight. Which is really good.

Remember to only put renew on tanks as it is not worth it on anyone else considering how much mana it costs. 

As for your artifact path, since you've taken "Blessing of T'uure" you should want to go for about 30% crit chance and then put everything else in mastery. And don't forget to put "Light of T'uure" on people (most likely the tank) during heavy damage. 

A tip is to try using the talent "Benediction" during fights where no one is taking heavy/burst damage, what benediction does is that when you put PoM on someone, when it proccs it has a chance to leave a  renew on that target. I personally use "Benediction" during Dragons of Nightmare. 

And finally, looking at your stats I can see that you should definitely try to raise your crit a bit, as I mentioned earlier to about 30% since it's really good with "Blessing of T'uure". Try to switch out a few Mastery/Haste gear pieces to Crit/Mastery where mastery is the bigger one unless you haven't gotten ~30% crit chance. Haste isn't really needed, it makes you cast spells faster but at the same time using more mana. Try to sit at maybe 5-10% haste, 30% crit chance and the rest in mastery. 

Well this turned out to be a wall of text...But to sum up it all : Try to use PoM, sanctify and divine hymn for often since they are really good. Look for moments where you can use divine hymn early on so that you can use it maybe 1 or 2 more times nearing the end of the fight. Only put renew on tanks since it costs way too much mana to just be thrown around on DPSers. ~30% crit chance for better chance at proccing "blessing of t'uure" trait. And also, try to make use of smite and holy fire as much as possible, it's fairly often during raids where there is no raid damage so just try to DPS during those times! 

Hope I have been of help :)

Edited by Descention

First off, to maximize your output you're better off by choosing a specc that suits your play style, the numbers will not change drastically and if you really want to get serious with your healing then you'll have to change speccs depending on bosses.

Judging by your legendaries, you'll want to make sure to stack up 5 stacks of your belt bonus before using Sanctify / Serenity, that will be key to maximizing your HPS output.

Also, try to analyze the fights ahead, you should be able to use Divine Hymn at least twice per boss.