FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CTEKK

Make Warlock Movable While Casting Again [Petition]

I think there are many reasons why people quitted WoD.

However for me the only one was that they removed the ability to move and cast at the same time of my main class.

This is not about balance or dps but simply about fun.

If you feel the same, help us here please:

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613782417#1

Edited by CTEKK

It depends what content you are looking at. For PvE i am perfectly fine with not being able to do anything while moving, you are able to focus on positioning and minimizing movement during encounters to enter Siege-Tank Mode is actually a part i really enjoy about the class. (Surpassing others in the damagemeter is actually really fun and this way you can do it after every movement phase!)

In PvP however, with immobility there come problems with Line of Sight kiting or the inability to get away from Meelees that not only means heavy damage incoming but also interrupts, which can be frustrating. However as showcased at the Arena regionals last week, Warlock is still more than fine if you know what you are doing, even in high competetive Arena environments.

Not being able to cast while moving simply means that you need a better positioning skill than other classes (e.g. know where to be in order to not move again until the next movement is forced).

I respect your opinion on that matter, but starting a petition is rather extreme. Some would argue that MoP destroyed overall the experience of being a caster, since it always was that way that you trade some amount of mobility for rather high damage, which got diluted heavily during that expansion.

When i take look at raiding, most people already have a hard time positioning themselves right even without doing nothing but moving. If classes are balanced around that, the majority of the player base would even fall back harder in encounters where damage is crucial and the gap between the average player and highskilled individuals would become far greater.

The only thing i would moan about is, that demonic circle is not baseline anymore, but well.

This is only my personal opinion, so by all means, i wish you the best of luck for that petition.

12 hours ago, DirtyJose said:

Even just being able to cast DE on the run as a Demo would mean the world to me.

I've seen this a few times but never really understood it. Why do you think that? Ok yeah I get that on say Ursoc it would be nice to start staggering planned movement as we spend a lot of time casting DE. However, planned movement usually in raids is minimal and DE always follows up a hard cast except for Doomy (well and Darkglare but I only ever play DB). DE is also useless if we haven't casted a summon assuming our main pet is still buffed. I would much prefer a buff to Demonwrath/some other spell that does damage while we are moving.  

Edited to add: I agree with Locky and Genu to a point on this. There is a thing as too much moblilty but I wish Demo (and Destro partly) was not so punished while other specs can move all over and not sink as much. 

Edited by spikeysquad

On October 15, 2016 at 3:31 AM, spikeysquad said:

I've seen this a few times but never really understood it. Why do you think that? Ok yeah I get that on say Ursoc it would be nice to start staggering planned movement as we spend a lot of time casting DE. However, planned movement usually in raids is minimal and DE always follows up a hard cast except for Doomy (well and Darkglare but I only ever play DB). DE is also useless if we haven't casted a summon assuming our main pet is still buffed. I would much prefer a buff to Demonwrath/some other spell that does damage while we are moving.  

Edited to add: I agree with Locky and Genu to a point on this. There is a thing as too much moblilty but I wish Demo (and Destro partly) was not so punished while other specs can move all over and not sink as much. 

Destro movement seems fine to me. It seems more than fine, at least in raids. Demo is punished quite a bit by movement. A bit too much for my liking. I'd like to see it have just one more thing to push on move; it doesn't need to be something like demonbolt or DE; but something that doesn't make movement so punishing. Then again, I might just need more practice as demo to get the hang of it.

Demonic circle in 7.1 will be taken by a lot of locks, so perhaps this is enough. I don't really like that solution; mostly because it's pretty limited depending on the fight and how much space on the ground is covered in crap; but it's something I suppose.