FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ushnor

Warrior Profession

Hi guys, sorry for the noob post.

I have just started playing wow. I am lvling a prot warrior in dungs so I learn how to hold agro.

I have Jewel Craft and Blacksmith.

My question is this, is the stamina boost from mining

worth dropping JC? Or is JC better in the end?

I have a farming toon that im gonna lvl with mining and herb

so mats wont be a problem for my BS.

I would really love two strong craft profs but would drop JC if mining will help my tanking.

Thank You.

There is no stamina boost. Both Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing can also provide bonus stamina (JC thru more powerful stamina gems and blacksmith adds 2 sockets which can also be populated with stamina gems).

JC and BS are very good warrior profs since they also benefit dps spec (good tank knows how to play 2 specs).

In my opinion there will no gain or loss between dropping JC and taking Mining. As all 3 professions give you a constant 480 stamina boost each. Mining give you toughness, jc gives you the ability to use 2 solid serpent eyes, and bs give the the ability to add 2 extra sockets which you can put 2 extra stamina gems in. As a Prot Warrior and Jc myself, I have mining to compliment my jc. Bs is good for a quick gear (ilvl) upgrade in the beginning of a patch and constantly the on sockets where Jc is a constant income with the gems i sell on AH and having mining I can still do daily quests or dungeons qeue's etc while making gems for the AH. The choice is ultimately yours but there will be no difference in stamina what ever you choice.

Ahhh, I see. I have been trying to research as much as I can before I ask questions.

I read that mining end lvl gives you toughness. Now I see craft professions give you just as much.

Tyvm for your time guys. I think Ill stick with JC and BS.

I would recommend, unless you absolutely need it, to drop Blacksmithing and pick up Mining. Not only will this give you ability_golemthunderclap.jpgToughness but it will also compliment your Jewelcrafting profession.

I would recommend, unless you absolutely need it, to drop Blacksmithing and pick up Mining. Not only will this give you ability_golemthunderclap.jpgToughness but it will also compliment your Jewelcrafting profession.

If you have the time to dedicate to farming the ores for prospecting gems, then you can save yourself a lot of gold this way. But you don't get a choice of the stat bonus with Mining - with JC/BS you can get bonus Strength for your off spec as well.

In the end, though, the difference is quite small, and if Stamina wasn't important to a DPS, it wouldn't be on your gear..

Edited by Tarazet

I would actually highly recommend NOT picking up mining. Stamina is not the be-all end-all of tanking.

Let me repeat because people tend to forget this: stamina is not the be-all end-all of tanking!

Stamina is only beneficial until you have enough effective health, if you're needing to gem for stam do it, but keep in mind there will come a point in gear where mastery wins out over stamina. Having the ability to choose between mastery or stamina is far better than being forced to choose stamina. Stick with your JC/BS. It will give you far more utility and flexibility than mining.

• Like 2

BUT MOAR HP MAKES ME LOOK TOUGHER!

LFM Naxx 25, need tanks, don't pst unless 23k HP.

Isn't Stam the best DPS stat anyway? I vaguely remember a time when Zagam DPS'ed with Mastery/Stam Gems =D

Isn't Stam the best DPS stat anyway? I vaguely remember a time when Zagam DPS'ed with Mastery/Stam Gems =D

Don't forget that Vengeance scales with your health.

Yea I think Ill stick with BS/JC, if only because I get other stats along with stam.

Plus I plan on keeping my farm toon a few lvls ahead of my tank. So should have enough mats.

Ill just have to buy Jewels.

Tyvm for your time guys.

Honestly I do rock mining with bs on my warrior, but not strictly for the stam. On my server ore/gems can be expensive and farming mining nodes is a way to pass time when I am sitting in long queues as fury. Sounds like you already work with a farm alt so mats aren't a big problem so having two crafting professions makes a lot of sense. Besides, stam only has a benifit to tanks. How much of a benifit is questionable, but won't help DPSers unless you want to stand in the fire one extra tic.

Don't forget that Vengeance scales with your health.

This actually may become a big consideration for 10m tanks. I'm currently running with 900k hp, and there are times that my vengence is pushing pretty close to 300k which would be the 30% limit they're talking about imposing on 10m.

In 25m I don't think it will be as big of a deal though, I don't think I could get my vengence up to 450k unless I stood in everything I could possibly find to stand in.

Honestly I do rock mining with bs on my warrior, but not strictly for the stam. On my server ore/gems can be expensive and farming mining nodes is a way to pass time when I am sitting in long queues as fury. Sounds like you already work with a farm alt so mats aren't a big problem so having two crafting professions makes a lot of sense. Besides, stam only has a benifit to tanks. How much of a benifit is questionable, but won't help DPSers unless you want to stand in the fire one extra tic.

You've never been one shot by a Static Shock then. We actually gave our Mage a Stam flask!

Edited by Tarazet

This actually may become a big consideration for 10m tanks. I'm currently running with 900k hp, and there are times that my vengence is pushing pretty close to 300k which would be the 30% limit they're talking about imposing on 10m.

In 25m I don't think it will be as big of a deal though, I don't think I could get my vengence up to 450k unless I stood in everything I could possibly find to stand in.

Got mine up to 430k once. :3 Take into consideration the increase of stam on next tier's gear. I think you'll be fine on vengeance without being forced to stack stam.