FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mencia

carrying this conversation to a new thread please read.

I have run LFRs and a few normals, with RPPM trinkets etc etc.. So, with items, that I should've been using with haste build...

But #yolo, so I used Mastery build and I have to say I am pretty satisfied. The mastery build worked fine, reliably and I'd gladly recommend it. I will run haste build tries tho, but I am pretty sure, the difference will be almost nothing.

On MMO-champ, the most players are using the haste build, with Invocation talent, and Mastery with RoP...

I cannot really imagine the usage of Invocation as arcane, but if this makes sense to you... :D

• Like 1

see that is the problem atm there truly is no definite answer out there right now for arcane like there is fire and frost. Not sure if the reason is not that many play it, the right people that share info aren't playing it or what. but truly think it is a sleeper spec that if figured out and ran properly people will be oh damn why haven't I been doing that all the time. at worst case it gives us mages true hardcore proof to go to blizzard and say hey fix this !

• Like 1

see that is the problem atm there truly is no definite answer out there right now for arcane like there is fire and frost. Not sure if the reason is not that many play it, the right people that share info aren't playing it or what. but truly think it is a sleeper spec that if figured out and ran properly people will be oh damn why haven't I been doing that all the time. at worst case it gives us mages true hardcore proof to go to blizzard and say hey fix this !

Many players don't like the fact, that we are forced into a T6 talent that does not allow us to move at all. If they could optimize arcane with Invocation and redesign RoP and IW... Yea, that would be great and much more players would play Arcane I am pretty sure.

The funny thing is, only a very low % of players play arcane. I was jsut about to try the spec for the first time in normal raid. And I've got ranked in teh top50-100 on World of Logs when I made lots of stupid mistakes.

I will be very honest with you, I do not really know about many arcane mages on our forums. Maybe myself at the moment, and Mit123 I believe.

I am not that good at theory crafting (this is what you are looking for if I understood well), but rather good at explaining and analyzing given things like Logfiles, rotation priorities etc.

Have a look at Blatty's post. Posted Image

http://www.icy-veins...__80#entry27557

yea just read it and what he said makes a lot of since and truly falls back on what arcane has always been about. I just wish more people would truly give it a chance I really think it is the holly shit where did that come from spec.

I decided to be brave and swap to arcane on my mage, with his little ilvl of 503. Sadly, I'm in between raids, so I can only do LFRs, but it's not bad. The dmg is great, you just have to learn how to move as little as possible, while following the mechanics. Obviously, it's possible, because Blatty does it, and does it well.

• Like 1

yea just read it and what he said makes a lot of since and truly falls back on what arcane has always been about. I just wish more people would truly give it a chance I really think it is the holly shit where did that come from spec.

I decided to be brave and swap to arcane on my mage, with his little ilvl of 503. Sadly, I'm in between raids, so I can only do LFRs, but it's not bad. The dmg is great, you just have to learn how to move as little as possible, while following the mechanics. Obviously, it's possible, because Blatty does it, and does it well.

I have been trying arcane for 2 weeks now. I have to say, the damage is very good. I cannot complain. However.... The playstyle. Okay, personal preference, but the rotation is sooo boring that I almost fell asleep.

• Like 1

I have been trying arcane for 2 weeks now. I have to say, the damage is very good. I cannot complain. However.... The playstyle. Okay, personal preference, but the rotation is sooo boring that I almost fell asleep.

yea it can be, the interesting factor is how to manage your runes and get the most out of not being able to move in a fight ya have to move a lot in.
  • Like 1